Warm up rolls, and seeing spots

Do you have any history of migraine headaches in your family?

That's normal. Doesn't sound like migrane aura like the other guy seems to be suggesting

I get that sometimes, I also get super light headed after we line up on our knees after class and I stand up. My guess is poor circulation.

The migraine question was a good one. I've only had one migraine in my life, and I had it after rolling hard one night. I have no idea why, but I had the aura and everything.

It could be floaters, which I think are pretty benign, although sometimes if they're really bad they can indicate a partially detached retina (I think).

I used to get quite light-headed every time I did forward rolls. It doesn't happen to me anymore, but several people I train with complain about getting dizzy after them. I'd say its normal, just make sure its not bad enough that you risk falling over or anything like that.

When I first started about a month ago, I used to get very lightheaded and dizzy standing up from rolling out. I had to shake it off. I guess it was my body wasn't used to it. But then I started to drink water before class and my body was conditioned by the 4th week.....

I get this occasionally as well. Haven't experienced any symptoms other then the "sparkles" though.

I'm interested to see if someone knows what actually causes this.

how much acid?

does the carpet move when you stare at it?

do you count the holes in the ceiling?

did you almost drown when eating celery?

could you read someone else's mind?

if you answer yes to at least 2 of these you are having a flashback

When I do break rolls and whatever I find that I see diamonds afterwards. It goes away and I pretend like it didn't happen so I figure you'll be fine.

celebrate it. tell your instructor and classmates that you're seeing spots and have a roll-out-spot party....yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa

I get those sparkly things too but never when rolling, i can be walking and sneeze extremely hard and start seeing sparkles.

Back