Warm Up Fights In UFC.

Soul Slasher**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Seeing Barnett and Cormier fighting mid tier fighters in the last Strikeforce showing made me wonder if maybe UFC should have warm up fights for their top stars where they can even hold those fights on Fox.

We get to see the top fighters showcase their skills for the mainstream audience to see.

I say the only warm ups tZuffa has presented were for Anderson Silva even though those fights were at 205lbs (Irvin and Bonnar).

Barnett vs B-Nog 3!
Cormier vs Mir seems like a good first fight to me.

Maybe give Gil someone like Jim Miller before the title shot.
Octagon jitters are for real

But I wouldn't consider Mir a warm up fight. At it least I hope that is not what you are implying.

Only in the sense that Mir is on a down trend in his career and Cormier is on the way up.

anderson has had plenty!

jds gimmie was mir.. just the style match up!

anderson has had plenty!

jds gimmie was mir.. just the style match up!

GFTO at Silva having had plenty.

All the fighters he defended the title against were top five fighter and either top contenders or next in line for top contender status.

The only exception was Lutter because of a reality tournament he won.

GFTO at Silva having had plenty.

All the fighters he defended the title against were top five fighter and either top contenders or next in line for top contender status.

The only exception was Lutter because of a reality tournament he won.

And someone else who won a reality tournament actually came out and beat the crap out of the champ, and took home the belt around that time!

they should, it could potentially breed new stars with an upset

With how big the rosters are getting it's totally possible. It's just not Dana's style. People forget sometimes that Dana is a fan just like us sherdoggers. He wants to see the best fights. Period.

Saffedeine was supposed to be a warm up for Nasty Nate and damn did that not go according to plan.

UFC does make it hard by not having real warm up fights. Wand walked in and has fought top flight competition every time.

Warm up fights do help build stars, but they also lead to blowouts.

With the exception of the Nasty Nate fight, every fight on that SF card went how it was supposed to.

I agree with Frank Shamrock when he said the matches could have been more competitive if some of the names were moved around.

Back