Warm up before lifting= run?

What do you do for this? I ask because I tweaked something between my armpit and my chest on the right side. It feels real loose in there, like crunching of the muscles in the lat/chest. I'm worried it's gonna rip right from the bone if I over exert myself.

I have two tennis balls taped together where you can do individual thoracic spine manipulation (learned this from Mike Boyle). I also do thoracic shifts, where you keep your hips in one position, your shoulders parallel to the ground, and you shift to one side all while your shoulders remain mostly parallel. I'll then do the chest out/in exercise, where you puff out using your thoracic spine, then cave in doing the same thing, keeping your hips neutral the whole time.

I have two tennis balls taped together where you can do individual thoracic spine manipulation (learned this from Mike Boyle). I also do thoracic shifts, where you keep your hips in one position, your shoulders parallel to the ground, and you shift to one side all while your shoulders remain mostly parallel. I'll then do the chest out/in exercise, where you puff out using your thoracic spine, then cave in doing the same thing, keeping your hips neutral the whole time.

This sounds good. I rarely ever warm up tendons and joints properly and my right shoulder is paying the price for it right now.

My warmup routine:

1st, I do the Bergener Warm-up

Then I do:

2-3 Rounds
5 squats holding a standard barbell in my right hand by my side
5 squats left hand hold
5 squats overhead 1 hand hold
5 squats overhead 1 hand hold
10 Overhead Squats (standard)

I feel pretty primed after that.

Back