Warlley Alves vs. Alberto Mina added to UFC 237

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...o-mina-para-o-ufc-237-no-rio-de-janeiro.ghtml

SIR

UFC matches Warlley Alves vs. Alberto Miná for UFC 237 in Rio de Janeiro

Confrontation between Brazilians of the welterweight happens on May 11

UFC scored a Brazilian duel for UFC 237 on May 11 in Rio de Janeiro. The welterweights (up to 77kg) Warlley Alves and Alberto Miná have a verbal agreement to face the event, according to Combate.com with sources connected to the company. This is the 11th confirmed showdown for the card.

TUF Brazil 3 champion, Warlley, 28, has 12 wins and three career losses, but comes up against James Krause last August in Nebraska when he was knocked out in the second round. Before that, he had victories against Salim Touahri and Sultan Aliev.

Mina is 36 years old and has a record of 13 wins and a loss. His first loss was in his most recent showdown last May at the UFC 224 card in Rio de Janeiro. It came after three positive outcomes in the organization.

Mina is such an odd one as when I've seen him I've been impressed and then he disappears for years before fighting again. Would love for him to win this

Mina is such an odd one as when I've seen him I've been impressed and then he disappears for years before fighting again. Would love for him to win this

Has certainly not been very active in his time with UFC. I know that before his last fight at UFC 224 he said he was healthy and had been waiting on a fight for around nine months.

Has certainly not been very active in his time with UFC. I know that before his last fight at UFC 224 he said he was healthy and had been waiting on a fight for around nine months.

In a way he reminds me of Leo Santos, All this time out just makes them a massive question mark in regards to their capabilities

In a way he reminds me of Leo Santos, All this time out just makes them a massive question mark in regards to their capabilities
Add Claudio Silva into the mix and you got yourself the Brazilian trifecta of unknown potential due to inactivity.

Still in disbelief that Alves got FINISHED by Krause.

I’ll go with Alves though, due to activity.

Mina's an odd fish.
I'll take Alves by close decision simply by being more active. Mina seems like one of those Brazilians-in-South-Asia - more concerned with his BJJ gym out there than competing in MMA.

Back