Ward vs Rodriguez is Official

45% of a purse for missing weight is outrageous

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71750#ixzz2kqILCvvc
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

According to the WBA's rule E 9e - " a boxer who does not make weight after the two hour extension shall forfeit 35% of his purse ." The rule later states " a boxer who refuses to attempt to make weight during the two hour extension shall forfeit 45% of his purse ."

Dems the rules, can't say much about it

Was hoping for at least a decent showing by the home town fighter, but how in the fuck do you not make weight for by far the biggest fight of your career?

Edwin has me shaking my head here. He made a big stink in the press during negotiations about how he wouldn't accept less than $1m. Now he's getting docked and (presumably) okay with it.

Edwin has me shaking my head here. He made a big stink in the press during negotiations about how he wouldn't accept less than $1m. Now he's getting docked and (presumably) okay with it.

He knew he wasn't going to make weight so he asked for more since he'd get docked.

Who does the 45% go too. Ward or WBA.

How is Edwin gonna say I am ONLY gonna give up 20%. WTF is he problem. He missed weight and now he gonna not pay the fine. Fuck him. I hope Ward Smashes him now.

Who does the 45% go too. Ward or WBA.

How is Edwin gonna say I am ONLY gonna give up 20%. WTF is he problem. He missed weight and now he gonna not pay the fine. Fuck him. I hope Ward Smashes him now.
Ward I think.

What time would the fight start on the West Coast? If it happens that is...

I hope Ward takes this unprofessional LHW and wipes the canvas with him.

Why? Another superfight with Froch is exciting. Possibly Golovkin down the road. Maybe even a move to LHW against Stevenson?? I think there could be some exciting matchups for him.

Sergio and B-Hops are also options and maybe Bute if he can make a comeback

@danrafaelespn Acccording to @loudibella, Rodriguez checked in at 179.8 lbs at 9 am PT weight check, just inside the allowable 180. #boxing #WardRodriguez

Ward is going to be rusty

Ward will look like a force because he's fighting a guy who really shouldn't be in the ring with him who couldn't make weight.

Ward is a good fighter but he's got an easy job tonight IMO.

With Rodriguez's weight, does this mean if Ward wins he'll be the lineal 175lbs champion?

Will Rosinsky was able to outbox Rodriguez so short of catching Andre with a lucky shot i dont see how Edwin can win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back