Ward vs Rodriguez is Official

Can't imagine anything but an easy win for Ward.

Interesting matchup. Ward hasn't been active in a year while this will be Rodriguez's third fight this year and he looked pretty good against Grachev in his last fight. We'll see if Ward still has it.

Ward sounds good. Rodriguez has a good amount of skill, but it's hard to bet against Ward; and Virgil's ability to craft strategy.

Ward is going to massacre this kid. But at least he is fighting!

I think the rest of Ward's career is going to be a tremendous disappointment.

I think the rest of Ward's career is going to be a tremendous disappointment.

Why? Another superfight with Froch is exciting. Possibly Golovkin down the road. Maybe even a move to LHW against Stevenson?? I think there could be some exciting matchups for him.

Why? Another superfight with Froch is exciting. Possibly Golovkin down the road. Maybe even a move to LHW against Stevenson?? I think there could be some exciting matchups for him.

Those are all gimme fights. I like Froch but stylistically he has nothing for Ward.

Stevenson is a mediocre fighter who got lucky. Thats no superfight.

There is no one exciting out there for Ward to fight.

golovkin is no gimme fight for anyone .

also there is kovalev at 175

Golovkin is years away from being ready for Ward.

i agree, and he's too small . but still not a " gimme " fight IMO

If he and Ward fought tomorrow, I'd pick Ward to win with ease.

Golovkin is years away from being ready for Ward.

Ward is 29 and Golovkin is 31. These are not young men and who knows how much longer they have to go in the sport. The two should fight sometime next year. Golovkin vs Stevens will answer a lot of questions as will Ward vs Rodriguez.

Rodriguez has very heavy clubbing punches but he seemingly loads up on every punch. Ward should school him.

golovkin would have an easy time with ward if golovkin was the bigger guy. With their styles and skills, whoever is the bigger guy in that fight wins easy. Golovkin wouldn't be able to do much if they fought now but ward would just hug, headbutt and jab himself to victory

Back