Ward vs Dwight Quawi at 175

Can't wait to see the case made for Qawi...

Can't wait to see the case made for Qawi...

Quawi is much larger framewise despite the height. Could ward go rounds with Foreman? I don't know. I do think ward wins though. Ugly fight

Quawi is much larger framewise despite the height. Could ward go rounds with Foreman? I don't know. I do think ward wins though. Ugly fight
Qawi fought Holyfield too he's tough as shit no doubt

ward by a wide decision. don’t really see qawi clipping him with anything without getting tied up.

Qawi was a better LHW than Kovalev and definitely didn't have the same flaws as Kovalev which Ward exploited so well (complete lack of in-fighting ability, poor stamina, and questionable durability). He'd have far and away the best in-fighting ability of anyone that Ward ever fought, great stamina over 15, let alone 12, and the very clear power advantage. It's a really difficult fight for Ward, to be honest.

Qawi was a better LHW than Kovalev and definitely didn't have the same flaws as Kovalev which Ward exploited so well (complete lack of in-fighting ability, poor stamina, and questionable durability). He'd have far and away the best in-fighting ability of anyone that Ward ever fought, great stamina over 15, let alone 12, and the very clear power advantage. It's a really difficult fight for Ward, to be honest.

While Qawi had flaws, I certainly don’t think Ward wants to get too close to this guy, and he doesn’t have the power to stop him on his tracks. He usually finds a way but I wonder what kind of show he tries to put on right here. Dunno if sticking and moving à la Spinks gets him the cards against Qawi’s aggressiveness and output. That’s an interesting fight for sure.

While Qawi had flaws, I certainly don’t think Ward wants to get too close to this guy, and he doesn’t have the power to stop him on his tracks. He usually finds a way but I wonder what kind of show he tries to put on right here. Dunno if sticking and moving à la Spinks gets him the cards against Qawi’s aggressiveness and output. That’s an interesting fight for sure.

Ward wouldn't have Spinks' size and power to keep him honest, so it's harder to see him taking that kind of approach and having similar success (and it's not like Spinks dominated Qawi). Ward's jab would obviously be key, but I'm kind of convincing myself that Qawi should be favoured here.

Ward wouldn't get away with his rough house tactics vs Qawi, that's for sure.

Do you think Kovalev was better than Qawi?
Qawi was unbeatable obviously he fought in the 80s so i mean he'd ruin Kovalevs life more or less give or take

Qawi was unbeatable obviously he fought in the 80s so i mean he'd ruin Kovalevs life more or less give or take

Qawi was the 2nd best LHW in maybe the overall strongest LHW era in history (2nd strongest, probably). Kovalev briefly the best in a weak LHW division. It's not at all a stretch to say that Qawi was a better LHW than Kovalev, and, furthermore, he's a much more difficult style matchup for Ward than Kovalev.

Qawi was the 2nd best LHW in maybe the overall strongest LHW era in history (2nd strongest, probably). Kovalev briefly the best in a weak LHW division. It's not at all a stretch to say that Qawi was a better LHW than Kovalev, and, furthermore, he's a much more difficult style matchup for Ward than Kovalev.

What do you think about ward at cruiserweight.

Not sure, Qawi was a big and strong SOB. Ward probably couldn’t use his clinching tactics to much effect against him. It would probably be an ugly fight.

This

What do you think about ward at cruiserweight.

Ward was an average sized SMW and perhaps a bit undersized at LHW (maybe not undersized, but certainly not on the big side). He'd do fine against a lot of CWs as I don't think it's ever been a deep division and he's really versatile, but a genuinely good CW (like Usyk) would be a very tough proposition. On the other hand, I think Qawi would do well against a guy like Usyk, too (maybe not beat him because of the size difference, but give him some real issues).

Damn I double checked and Dwight is listed as 5'5. Straight up TANK

Damn I double checked and Dwight is listed as 5'5. Straight up TANK
I've seen 5'7 too

He's on that Sam Langford/Dick Tiger height cutting plan

I've seen 5'7 too

He's on that Sam Langford/Dick Tiger height cutting plan

Accordian plan get shorter but get wider. Yeah I've seen him 5'7 too. He doesnt come off that short though

Back