Ward vs Brand Thread

Jacobs vs Mora II, Ward vs Brand, and Canelo vs Smith suddenly make GGG vs Brook look like fight of the century.

lol imagine if the kovalev fight still doesnt happen after this thatd be depressing

Guerrero(vacant title)
Paulie
Lamont

2 of those weren't tune ups, they were good match ups.
And Paulie was a good WW debut.
Lamont was a good matchup, that's it
Beating Paulie and Guerrero doesn't mean shit and hasn't for a while

Use a guy's name who has never headlined a ppv? Doh okay

Where do these people come from?
Not singling you out specifically here, but I find people make the opposite argument when we're talking about other fighters, like Golovkin. Golovkin failed to sell 100k PPVs according to some sources but his fans will insist he deserves a near even split with Canelo.

Why should Garcia accept a fraction of what Pac makes?

Garcia has options. He doesn't need to take a high risk fight like that against a guy who's fans will simply insist Pac got robbed somehow if he lost. There are probably half a dozen big fight Garcia can take under the PBC banner. Top Rank has had to resort to trying to get Adrien Broner for Pac because there's no one he can fight that he might not lose to that fans might actually pay to see.

Lamont was a good matchup, that's it
Beating Paulie and Guerrero doesn't mean shit and hasn't for a while
For his first full fledged welter weight fight, Paulie was fine.

Not singling you out specifically here, but I find people make the opposite argument when we're talking about other fighters, like Golovkin. Golovkin failed to sell 100k PPVs according to some sources but his fans will insist he deserves a near even split with Canelo.

Why should Garcia accept a fraction of what Pac makes?

Garcia has options. He doesn't need to take a high risk fight like that against a guy who's fans will simply insist Pac got robbed somehow if he lost. There are probably half a dozen big fight Garcia can take under the PBC banner. Top Rank has had to resort to trying to get Adrien Broner for Pac because there's no one he can fight that he might not lose to that fans might actually pay to see.

High risk high reward. Beating PAC makes him a superstar who can headline his own ppvs.

Ever heard of the term, "dare to be great?" To be a boss, you need to beat a boss.

Look at Tim, he won the first fight controversially but he's been in 4 ppvs total and making a ton of money.

@Seano lets also be clear about GGG's PPV.

The correct number, widely reported as official, is 150,000.

Google "GGG PPV sales" and look down the entire page.

I have arrived....

I see Seano Vs Nac is in order for the absorption.

For his first full fledged welter weight fight, Paulie was fine.
nah, I don't think so at all, Porter beat whatever relevance Paulie had out of him. Paulie is basically a name with no substance at this point. Granted, it's always enjoyable watching Jersey Shore get beat up, but Danny should have faced at least a real fight at 147.

Guerrero(vacant title)
Paulie
Lamont

2 of those weren't tune ups, they were good match ups.
And Paulie was a good WW debut.

Guerrero and Paulie absolutely were one sided and everyone knew it going in. Guerrero did relatively nothing at 147 and didn't deserve that title shot.

I didn't have a problem with the Paulie fight, it made sense. But those fights were still what they were.

I know Ward is shaking off the rust but this is a rod salka level fight for Andre who many think is #1 p4p.

At least Sergei is next after.

That's the only reason I think Ward gets a bit of a pass here. He looked stiff last time out AND has the biggest fight in boxing lined up after this. I can't really knock the decision making here.

F buyrates, I just want too see the best against the best. And trust me, Canelo vs ggg is the money match for both sides right now.

As for Ward, he should end this one tonight. He should.......

I came while I was offing it

TKTNGOm.gif

nah, I don't think so at all, Porter beat whatever relevance Paulie had out of him. Paulie is basically a name with no substance at this point. Granted, it's always enjoyable watching Jersey Shore get beat up, but Danny should have faced at least a real fight at 147.
Thats how its done and you know it. Floyd's first WW fight was Sharmbe Mitchell. Look at how long its taken Ward to acclimate to moving up one weight class. The examples are endless. Fighters don't often move up in weight and fight the number one guy their first time out.

Thats how its done and you know it. Floyd's first WW fight was Sharmbe Mitchell. Look at how long its taken Ward to acclimate to moving up one weight class. The examples are endless. Fighters don't often move up in weight and fight the number one guy their first time out.
yeah, I accept it, doesn't make Paulie a better fighter.

I'm just happy to see a top boxer in the ring, especially with such a good chance of the Kovalev fight happening this year. Its better than him not fighting at all and just waiting.

when does the undercard start for the oakland boxing match start

Back