Ward talking retirement instead of rematch with Kovalev

You're not terribly bright are you? There are plenty of awful decisions in boxing. Officially winning says nothing about who actually merited the win.

Nope, he's really not.

He doesn't really understand debates over scoring. Expect a link to Ward's boxrec record soon. Not the sharpest knife in the draw.

Nope, he's really not.

He doesn't really understand debates over scoring. Expect a link to Ward's boxrec record soon. Not the sharpest knife in the draw.
You suck, watch the fucking fight, give me a bullshit scorecard like you did when manny whomped Bradley.

You're not terribly bright are you? There are plenty of awful decisions in boxing. Officially winning says nothing about who actually merited the win.
You and your boyfriend can say what you want, ward won.

You suck, watch the fucking fight, give me a bullshit scorecard like you did when manny whomped Bradley.

Watched the fight a few times, lots of people disagree with the official scores, that's why places like this exist, for fans to discuss who THEY fought won, not the judges dummy. No one's ever seen you breakdown a scorecard or give some actual analysis on a fight because it doesn't happen, you only post terrible one liners.

According to your logic, Bradley has the official win as per the judges decision, which means we aren't allowed to discuss different scores anyway. 'It doesn't matter what you think, Bradley won' - nothing better than some self ownage.

Watched the fight a few times, lots of people disagree with the official scores, that's why places like this exist, for fans to discuss who THEY fought won, not the judges dummy. No one's ever seen you breakdown a scorecard or give some actual analysis on a fight because it doesn't happen, you only post terrible one liners.

According to your logic, Bradley has the official win as per the judges decision, which means we aren't allowed to discuss different scores anyway. 'It doesn't matter what you think, Bradley won' - nothing better than some self ownage.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm a fan of both fighters. But ward got touched up real good, put on his ass. You gotta beat the champion. Deal with that. I got to see a great fight , so I'm all good. Now Ward's calling retirement with exactly zero defenses??

That's just leaving money on the table, Fight the rematch and get an easy pay day - if the second fight would be so easy as he claims..

Been dealt with. 31-0.

not many people outside of the usa scored it for kovalev. people just agreed with Lettermans card that ward only won 4 rounds. I wont even bother arguing with those people there is no way war lost more than 6 rounds. 114-113 kovalev is acceptable. 115-112 really isnt. unless you demand that kovalev won round 9 like harold claims

Sounds like he's setting himself up to be the big A-side in the rematch.

I do agree with him though that if he doesn't fight Kovalev, what other fight makes sense? He can take some money makers but there is no one else in the area who anyone thinks poses a problem for Andre. Maybe a Stevenson fight makes sense (though will probably be impossible to make).

stevenson has been avoiding the marination process, i feel he is afraid of what he may become

Great so he retires and then all the belts get parceled out to nobodies for vacant titles since he won't defend. Way to un-unify the LHW division....hard work gets undone so easily.
That would suck but I think he's just laying the groundwork to negotiate a better deal for the rematch.

Great so he retires and then all the belts get parceled out to nobodies for vacant titles since he won't defend. Way to un-unify the LHW division....hard work gets undone so easily.

That's true, but it's his hard work not ours.

it'll be interesting, i don't see ward having good intangibles. Kov is limited, very limited but all he has to do is throw more and be in better condition. John Jackson should chew some more ass in the corner as well.
Lol.

You really should give Ward more credit.

This strategy is going to backfire for Ward. He already struggles to get fans because he's boring, whinges a lot and has taken his prime off.

Threatening more inactivity is exactly what people who might buy a Ward fight will not want to hear.
Do you really believe he cares.....? Wards getting paid and winning fights regardless of what casuals think of him.

Hmmm. Thought Kov won. But Ward can do what he wants. Should great courage coming back the way he did. I would def love to see a rematch though. Think Kov gets him out of there this time. Sorry Ward fans

Lol.

You really should give Ward more credit.
naw, he doesn't deserve more, you guys are accepting too many crappy fights. Ward won, he fought a smart if not brave fight, did what he had to do but it was not a great performance. If the fans just think that's fine, well, fighters will keep taking their inflated purses. I don't care, it's their money but I wouldn't pay for that kind of fight.

naw, he doesn't deserve more, you guys are accepting too many crappy fights. Ward won, he fought a smart if not brave fight, did what he had to do but it was not a great performance. If the fans just think that's fine, well, fighters will keep taking their inflated purses. I don't care, it's their money but I wouldn't pay for that kind of fight.
Wtf are you talking about? Read the post I quoted.

uhh, who are you dude, read your own post while you're whacking off.

anyway, it's a bad trend, not something that's just here on sherdog, fans paying enough for ppv's to even be an option for some of these fights, it's ridiculous. You best believe it would stop if everyone was losing money.

Back