Ward talking retirement instead of rematch with Kovalev

The judges give the fight to anybody they know is going to keep the belt on their home soil. Local events means million of dollars into the economy, we're talking licenses, hotels, rent, tourism, and taxes from all of it. That's why Europeans get screwed over because they'll take the belt to Europe. That's why Canelo got all the rounds even though Amir was winning the rounds before he got KO'd.

So whether its American or Mexican, they're going to fight in Vegas and Cali, they're in the State's good grace. Too bad for the other guy.

Yeah, that's why Kovalev lost. Nothing to do with what he did.

Anyway, yeah, Kovalev has shown a massive amount of talent. If he wants to stop where he is and keep spinning his tires, that's up to him. If he wants to go forward, he might be great. I'm bowing out boys, good night.

Wait, you guys believe this? lol

Even if he does retire, he easily gets inducted into the hall of fame. reigning undefeated Lineal champion as a pro, and an olympic gold medalist as an ammy, that's ATG edge.

This strategy is going to backfire for Ward. He already struggles to get fans because he's boring, whinges a lot and has taken his prime off.

Threatening more inactivity is exactly what people who might buy a Ward fight will not want to hear.

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalev-promoter-reacts-andre-ward-wanting-more-money--111855

why is ward going public with this money bullshit? it appears that he had already agreed to a set amount with roc nation on a kovalev rematch and money issues have absolutely nothing to do with duva and sergey

duva and kovalev are not complaining bout the previously agreed upon rematch money. why the fuk is ward complaining
because he's a capitalist, americans are greedy always and more is never enough. Russians, for all their nastiness I've noticed they aren't as bent on fucking you, rude or aggressive to my way of thinking but not obsessed with money.

because he's a capitalist, americans are greedy always and more is never enough. Russians, for all their nastiness I've noticed they aren't as bent on fucking you, rude or aggressive to my way of thinking but not obsessed with money.

well, wards not going to get anymore money from kovalev and duva than what the rematch contract stipulated so thats that.

if this goes the way of lewis/rahman, ward is either going to have to fight kovalev or end up getting stripped of his titles

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/jun/22/sports/sp-13374

common complaint of fighters, not enough money. Like bob arum once said about Marvelous Marvin Hagler, "he just made a million bucks, the public doesn't want to hear him bitching." Hector Camacho said after the rosario fight that he wasn't paid enough to take that kind of punishment. Maybe he had a point, he didn't really make all that much for that fight. Roy Jones wanted more money for no risk. Sometimes i think of them though and think of how little the mma'rs around me were offered, no money, lots of injuries, lots of time/gas/aggravation waiting around for promoters/managers/trainers to get their shit together and it's really no comparison. none.

Ward better be careful, I can see this fight going the way of Roy Jones Jr. versus Antonio Tarver,...yeah, Roy beat him in the first fight, but many people thought Tarver won,...and then the second fight, Tarver puts Roy out with a left hook,...I think Kovalev can get Ward in the second fight with his right hook again,...momentum isn't on Ward's side imo surprisingly even though he won that fight.
Retiring now wouldn't look good, but it also wouldn't be too bad as he can say he is undefeated like Mayweather lol.

Kovalev was seen on this board as someone that was unbeatable and it fooled a lot of people (all american) that kovalev dominated the fight. kovalev is nothing special.

Is that you Andre??

Hope you face is ok bud.

U take care now... K?

Ward better be careful, I can see this fight going the way of Roy Jones Jr. versus Antonio Tarver,...yeah, Roy beat him in the first fight, but many people thought Tarver won,...and then the second fight, Tarver puts Roy out with a left hook,...I think Kovalev can get Ward in the second fight with his right hook again,...momentum isn't on Ward's side imo surprisingly even though he won that fight.
Retiring now wouldn't look good, but it also wouldn't be too bad as he can say he is undefeated like Mayweather lol.
hear what you're saying but those two guys fought their asses off in the first fight. no comparison really.

He won the fight, deal with it.

I'm a fan of both fighters. But ward got touched up real good, put on his ass. You gotta beat the champion. Deal with that. I got to see a great fight , so I'm all good. Now Ward's calling retirement with exactly zero defenses??

That's just leaving money on the table, Fight the rematch and get an easy pay day - if the second fight would be so easy as he claims..

Great so he retires and then all the belts get parceled out to nobodies for vacant titles since he won't defend. Way to un-unify the LHW division....hard work gets undone so easily.

My point is he won.

what does ward winning have to do with the fact that he wants more money for the rematch, the amounts already contratually agreed upon, or else he might retire

what does ward winning have to do with the fact that he wants more money for the rematch, the amounts already contratually agreed upon, or else he might retire
What do you think

Back