Warcraft III Reforged releases today

I was forced to download the new patch and it ruined my other Warcraft games.

Now I can’t play any of them. I’m Very fucking pissed. Warcraft frozen throne expansion is the best video game ever made and blizzard fucking ruined it.
Pretty much what I heard earlier today. It's sad when suits take over a creative company.

Well it was more like you were mocking the state of current video games because remakes were getting into people's games of the year, without actually playing the games to know whether they're good or not. If I remember rightly.

sort of. except it was that dizzy criticized me for calling REmake a remake. but you're confusing 2 different threads now. the goty one and the cyberpunk one (it was a different thread, but got merged into cyberpunk) that was quoting someone looking forward to fall 2020 and citing 3 remakes. and yes, i am mocking the current/future state of gaming - rewarding devs for being lazy.

edit: added color and pointing out that i quoted this below.

Last edited:
First of all, you can get your point across without resorting to petty insults, and secondly, Im smarter than you could ever hope to be.

Now, I understand this is not good for the tiny fraction of modders who are looking to commercialize their games. I think thats pretty obvious. Nobody is arguing that it is good for gamers.

You asked, "What if 5-10 years from now every company treats their communities like this?"

So be it. If its such a big problem, than you need to make a statement by not buying the game. If the games are still wildy successful with these restrictions, than nobody actually cares anyway.

Youre talking about a very tiny fraction of gamers. Most modders are not looking to commercialize their mini games.

This is not going to kill modding communities. Most modders just hope to make a game that others will enjoy, and if people play it, that is good enough.

Maybe its not ethical in your view, but nobody is forcing you to buy the product. Its their product therefore its their choice.

You have to look at things from both perspectives, not just the gamers perspective. Businesses always do what is in their own best interest, this should not be that surprising. From a business perspective it makes sense.

If you don't want blizzard taking your mods and building games off it, then don't make it using their platform. Therein lies the problem for modders. Without the game, the modders would never be able to make those games in the first place.

Do I think blizzard should be able to take your idea and sell it as their own game? I think a 50/50 or 70/30 split would be "fair". However, businesses don't go by what is fair, because they operate entirely to procure profit. That is the nature of business. Very few things are fair in this world.

1. You’re not smart. I’ve seen your posts before, you’re an anti-vaxxer.

2. Even if most modders don’t intend to commercialize their mods that doesn’t give a company the excuse to profit from someone else’s work. It goes against copyright law, as well as the legal principles of quantum meruit and unjust enrichment. The raison d’être of copyright law is to foster creativity without the fear of having one’s creations stolen.

3. You yourself say some kind of split would be fair. Well, that’s not how this new EULA works. And then you say “don’t like it, don’t buy it” which doesn’t refute my point about what if all companies adopt this principle. “Hey modder, don’t like it, don’t buy it! Oh wait, all games have these policies now. Whoops, well guess you should just give up on modding or get used to the idea of some company making money off of your work”.

4. For over 25 years going back to the days of Doom 1 this is how fan made levels and mods worked. The developers made the tools available for the community to go and be creative. Sometimes they made something great and the opportunity could present itself to make a bit of money, which is what happened in 1995/1996 with the Master Levels of Doom II and Final Doom. Id software published these fan made map packs and the fans that made the levels got the credit for it.

It’s worked for 25+ years. It’s essentially a social contract. Blizzard is trying to change the rules because they’re getting fucking greedy.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...d-not-the-flavor-of-chaos-we-were-hoping-for/

I suspect a lot of this is the result of hard dates set by the inflexible corporate overlords. I've heard that the latest WoW patch suffers from a lot of the issues discussed in the article above - it just wasn't ready for release but the suits demanded the patch go live on the pre-determined release date quality be damned.

Remember when Blizzard would delay games to make sure they lived up to the "Blizzard standard"?

This is what we get when a developer releases a product soon instead of soon(tm).

sort of. except it was that dizzy criticized me for calling REmake a remake. but you're confusing 2 different threads now. the goty one and the cyberpunk one (it was a different thread, but got merged into cyberpunk) that was quoting someone looking forward to fall 2020 and citing 3 remakes. and yes, i am mocking the current/future state of gaming - rewarding devs for being lazy.
@ me if you want to spout bullshit. You said how sad of a year in gaming it was that a remake was being considered for GOTY. Without ever playing said remake to actually formulate an opinion on.

Warcraft Reforged has tangible things that can be pointed out by casual observers and people who have actually played through it that make it effectively bad and it has nothing to do with it being a remaster. Whereas RE2make was praised as an excellent reimagining of a classic game with more than enough new content to keep veterans on their toes. Reforged has removed content that was promised, removed content that was in the original game, has issues with bugs and glitches, and introduces an EULA that is probably illegal. Those aren’t subjective opinions one can form after playing a game, they’re very much objective. There’s a major difference.

And once again, Simpson. Can’t you go more than five minutes without embarrassing yourself?

tenor.gif

oh, god. this bullshit AGAIN?

for the 4th time, HERE is the horrible, super offensive post in question, responding to you running your mouth off (SURPRISE, AMIRITE?) and accusing me of not playing any of them.

outer worlds (meh, pretty disappointing), sekiro (ok, but not as good as other souls, imo), and super smash (is super smash. it's good fun, but hard for me to take too seriously. ie: can't compare mel brooks/monty python to godfather).

i stayed away from remake2 because i played actual re2.

i'm glad to see that my opinion is worthless, though.

THAT'S what's had your panties up your colon for months.

but if you want to pretend it was the previous, obviously super offensive post, then sure. here it is again. hide your kids, hide your wife. the horror.

quite frankly, when a remake of a ps1 game is the best game of the year... my point is proven, not refuted.

THE HORROR.

When you’re deriding something you never played? Yup, completely worthless.

well, shit.

bonus lolz, this one was always my favorite, i always loved how he answers himself while acting incredulous.

Can you quote me saying that I took issue with you calling a remake a remake?

You dismissed it because it is a remake, numbnuts.

Last edited:
well, shit.
Right, for nothing more than being a remake. Again, I don’t need to play this to see that features were removed, weren’t delivered on, or to see the EULA they implemented.

I didn’t expect you to try and refute anything I just said because, guess what? You absolutely can’t.

You’re my favorite punching bag.

1. You’re not smart. I’ve seen your posts before, you’re an anti-vaxxer.

2. Even if most modders don’t intend to commercialize their mods that doesn’t give a company the excuse to profit from someone else’s work. It goes against copyright law, as well as the legal principles of quantum meruit and unjust enrichment. The raison d’être of copyright law is to foster creativity without the fear of having one’s creations stolen.

3. You yourself say some kind of split would be fair. Well, that’s not how this new EULA works. And then you say “don’t like it, don’t buy it” which doesn’t refute my point about what if all companies adopt this principle. “Hey modder, don’t like it, don’t buy it! Oh wait, all games have these policies now. Whoops, well guess you should just give up on modding or get used to the idea of some company making money off of your work”.

4. For over 25 years going back to the days of Doom 1 this is how fan made levels and mods worked. The developers made the tools available for the community to go and be creative. Sometimes they made something great and the opportunity could present itself to make a bit of money, which is what happened in 1995/1996 with the Master Levels of Doom II and Final Doom. Id software published these fan made map packs and the fans that made the levels got the credit for it.

It’s worked for 25+ years. It’s essentially a social contract. Blizzard is trying to change the rules because they’re getting fucking greedy.

This isnt about vaccines. Im not anti vaccine science, I accept the science behind vaccines. I just don't agree with the mass distribution process that uses harmful chemical preservatives that bypass our immune system. Those chemicals can concentrate in certain areas of the body with similar atomic structures and eventually lead to health problems. I also dont have much faith in the ability to provide each vaccine with the precise amount of chemicals and antigens. These are concerns you would never even think about because your level of critical thinking is not deep enough. Yet, you criticize me because I can think for myself instead of blindly following a dangerous and untruthful narrative that vaccines have no inimical effects.

Back to warcraft. If you don't want your creation stolen, then don't make it on a program that tells you they will steal it. Its a pretty simple concept. If youre unable to do that on your own, and you rely on that program to be able to build your game, then it is what it is.

Keep in mind these games have been in development for many years, with tens of millions of dollars invested into them.

Why should someone who puts 5 hours of work into making a mini game be rewarded with all of the profit when it took developers years and millions of dollars to build the base game?

Blizzard keeping 100% of the profit makes no less sense than the mini game maker keeping 100% of the profit, considering the developers put in the real difficult work.

If this turns into the industry standard, then speak out by refusing to buy it. Wait for a developer that does allow it, and buy that game instead.

Again, this is just the nature of business. Protect your investment, even if its deemed unethical. I understand this and you should too. Im not saying its a good thing for gamers, just that I understand the decision.

Those chemicals can concentrate in certain areas of the body with similar atomic structures and eventually lead to health problems.

<{CMPALM}>

In another Blizzard thread, you mentioned that you have been playing Diablo since the original. How old were you in 1996/1997?

As for the state of WC3:R, check the Arstechnica article I posted for a list of problems that would never have seen the light of day in Blizzard title during its peak.

Activision seems to have ruined Blizzard's quality control measures. This is Blizzard we are talking about. In their prime they would've delayed it 2 years to make sure it has all the added features.

It’s a remaster of a 20 year old game, dildo. They shouldn’t have struggled this much to release a polished product.

There’s also this lazy shit:

What was shown at Blizzcon

What’s in the game

Don't expect Diablo 4 to be good either. Just another cash grabbing game.

Did they seriously release a patch that blocks you from playing the old WC3?

LOL, that's like cartoon villainy.

Activision seems to have ruined Blizzard's quality control measures. This is Blizzard we are talking about. In their prime they would've delayed it 2 years to make sure it has all the added features.
How long have they been part of Activision? I remember laughing at my friends back about a decade ago when they were complaining about bullshit Blizzard were pulling.

Back