Warcraft III Reforged releases today

My god what a disaster this has turned out to be. I thought they did a great job overall with classic and then to turn around and shit their pants with this is a terrible look. Was looking forward to this. It’s a hard pass.

Except that’s not how the law works. If it worked that way Valve never would have had to go into business with the creators of Counter Strike. They could have just taken it. Valve wouldn’t have been able to make Team Fortress Classic or Team Fortress 2 because id software would have owned it.

If thats not how the law works then you have nothing to worry about right? Why would blizzard even claim this if it was against the law?

Beyond that, how exactly would they stop it? Autochess has tft and dota 2 undergrounds. Tons of games have ripoffs, it doesn't seem like you can stop it. How much do they really need to change in order to constitute it as a new game.

My god what a disaster this has turned out to be. I thought they did a great job overall with classic and then to turn around and shit their pants with this is a terrible look. Was looking forward to this. It’s a hard pass.

Did you play it? I was considering buying it. Whats wrong with it from your perspective?

Did you play it? I was considering buying it. Whats wrong with it from your perspective?
Clearly I haven’t since I said I’m going to pass. At best it’s a lazy, buggy mess, and that’s from pretty much every source. At worst there is some incredibly shady shit in their user agreement to add to the lazy, buggy mess.

Clearly I haven’t since I said I’m going to pass. At best it’s a lazy, buggy mess, and that’s from pretty much every source. At worst there is some incredibly shady shit in their user agreement to add to the lazy, buggy mess.

So a game that just launched has bugs? Thats insane

If thats not how the law works then you have nothing to worry about right? Why would blizzard even claim this if it was against the law?

Because they’re changing the rules with the new EULA. Under contract law it would override the common law principles of copyright law. It’s greasy. Going forward a modder wouldn’t be able to make a mod for a blizzard game without fear of Blizzard pulling the rug out from under their feet and saying “sorry, this is ours now, you should have read the fine print in the EULA first and maybe thought about making your mod for a different game”.

Is this move legal? Probably. Is it ethical? I argue it’s not. Could this become a disturbing new trend if other game companies follow suit? Absolutely.

So a game that just launched has bugs? Thats insane
It’s a remaster of a 20 year old game, dildo. They shouldn’t have struggled this much to release a polished product.

There’s also this lazy shit:

What was shown at Blizzcon

What’s in the game

Then go check official forum and see how many people have ''greyed'' on forums for starting refund topics. Maybe you ll believe.

I just went there to check. A lot of people are complaining, but thats not especially odd for a buggy game that just launched. One guy made a thread titled

"BLIZZARD IS DENIYING REFUNDS! WARNING!"

He updated the thread with an edit saying he was given a refund, and that post has not been banned and is over a day old.

Also, its not up to me to prove you wrong, if you want to make claims you need to prove them.

Because they’re changing the rules with the new EULA. Under contract law it would override the common law principles of copyright law. It’s greasy. Going forward a modder wouldn’t be able to make a mod for a blizzard game without fear of Blizzard pulling the rug out from under their feet and saying “sorry, this is ours now, you should have read the fine print in the EULA first and maybe thought about making your mod for a different game”.

Is this move legal? Probably. Is it ethical? I argue it’s not. Could this become a disturbing new trend if other game companies follow suit? Absolutely.

I don't find it disturbing. It doesn't even bother me. If you have a problem with it, don't buy their products.

It’s a remaster of a 20 year old game, dildo. They shouldn’t have struggled this much to release a polished product.

What’s in the game

So what? Most new games have bugs. If blizzard is good at anything, its constantly updating and fixing bugs.

Also, is that really a big deal to you? A cut scene?

What’s in the game

Meh, they both dont look very different from each other. One is zoomed in, yes, but i see both being a lousy "remaster."

Yeah, we’ve established that. Which is precisely why I called you a hack.

I dont understand how that makes me a hack. They say right in the agreement that is the case. Everyone knows. If you dont like it, don't buy it.

Meh, they both dont look very different from each other. One is zoomed in, yes, but i see both being a lousy "remaster."
Uhhh one is an actual cinematic. With camera angles and effort. The other is essentially the POV you see for the entire game.

i have a buddy who has not stopped playing WC3 from when we were in highschool ten years ago, was waiting for this and started playing immediately when it dropped lol

i have a buddy who has not stopped playing WC3 from when we were in highschool ten years ago, was waiting for this and started playing immediately when it dropped lol

What was his account name back then/now?

I don't know many of the newer guys, but maybe I'll recognize him.

Back