War Room Lounge v99: "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too."

Should the WR Lounge come with polls again?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit Sherbros.

It might be the mushrooms.

But I'm vibing so fucking hard to Alanis Morisette Jagged Little Pill right now.

Alanis Morisette was like if you mixed @HockeyBjj with Adele in an era where people were nonchalant about heroin and AIDS lmao.

Anyway. Favorite 90s songs. Go.
Rhymes Like Dimes, Dead Bent, Doomsday, Red & Gold, ... idk something off of Operation Doomsday.

On the other hand I’m also very partial to TV Casualty, Some Kinda Hate, Hybrid Moments and a bunch of songs off of Static Age. I guess that’s cheating since it was recorded in the 70s and released in the 90s. And I heard them before the 90s

Toss up between those totally different albums.

The Kids aren't alright
Bro I was straight up rocking the fuck out tonight at work to the Kids Are Alright. It's Mardi Gras time motherfuckers we got marching bands hitting the streets. LSD driven parades in a few days. Bro EVERYONE is blaring music down here. The Kids Arent Alright is what Green Day would be like if they didn't kill punk rock.
Rhymes Like Dimes, Dead Bent, Doomsday, Red & Gold, ... idk something off of Operation Doomsday.

On the other hand I’m also very partial to TV Casualty, Some Kinda Hate, Hybrid Moments and a bunch of songs off of Static Age. I guess that’s cheating since it was recorded in the 70s and released in the 90s. And I heard them before the 90s

Toss up between those totally different albums.

That era of punk was fucking beautiful though.Reagan youth, misfits, bad brains, millions of dead cops and the like.

You know who people need to fucking respect more? The Gorillaz. Mick Jones and ( the greatest bassist in history imo) Paul Simonon reunited since Joe Strummer kicked him out of the band onstage.

Last edited:
Y’know, Smoke Em If You Got Em is another 90s album I still listen to often. Psychobilly Freakout, I’m Mad, Bad Reputation, It’s a Dark Day and more. Love that album.

Reverend Horton Heat has a few really good albums in the 90s. When grunge was really big I was still listening to the Cramps and the Misfits and stuff and Reverend Horton Heat just fit in better with that vibe.

Y’know, Smoke Em If You Got Em is another 90s album I still listen to often. Psychobilly Freakout, I’m Mad, Bad Reputation, It’s a Dark Day and more. Love that album.

Reverend Horton Heat has a few really good albums in the 90s. When grunge was really big I was still listening to the Cramps and the Misfits and stuff and Reverend Horton Heat just fit in better with that vibe.

I saw them a few years back, bales of cocaine is my jam. Did you ever get into Nekromantix or Tiger Army? Nekromantix is legit what would happen if you mixed Reverend Horton Heat with The Misfits.

I saw them a few years back, bales of cocaine is my jam. Did you ever get into Nekromantix or Tiger Army? Nekromantix is legit what would happen if you mixed Reverend Horton Heat with The Misfits.
Lol yes I like Nekromantix

No way I'm prepared to answer this, but The Way by Fastball is sadly overlooked. Always thought it was amplified by its inspiration of a senior citizen couple that mysteriously were found dead in a ravine hundreds of miles from their home.

Also, Your Woman is one of the GOAT one hit wonders

For more personal tastes and songs that are less typically 90s: Memory Lane and Small World by Nas, Engine and Oh, Comely by Neutral Milk Hotel. And as much as I don't like the rest of the band's catalog, Good Riddens by Green Day is an iconic song of the decade

No way I'm prepared to answer this, but The Way by Fastball is sadly overlooked. Always thought it was amplified by its inspiration of a senior citizen couple that mysteriously were found dead in a ravine hundreds of miles from their home.

Also, Your Woman is one of the GOAT one hit wonders

For more personal tastes and songs that are less typically 90s: Memory Lane and Small World by Nas, Engine and Oh, Comely by Neutral Milk Hotel. And as much as I don't like the rest of the band's catalog, Good Riddens by Green Day is an iconic song of the decade
oh man jamming out to The Way right now. Mushrooms and listening to music from your past is like a mental time machine.

Damn, nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Btw the best album from the 90s was Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse and it's not even close.

Yeah, I love The Offspring, but that is my favorite song of theirs

Hmm. Never did it for me, but I had mostly stopped listening to them when that was released. I tend to binge on artists and then get sick of them. Not to mention I really didn't like Pretty Fly which was getting hammered a lot, and I was out of highschool by then, so their later songs lack the same nostalgia value.
I think I was mostly listening to Regurgitator, Grinspoon, Massive Attack, Jebediah, Powderfinger and Placebo in '98

Btw the best album from the 90s was Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse and it's not even close.
some of their best tracks on there for sure but a couple of essentials missing...

i listened to a few after a long hiatus and it really brought me back, used to bump them all the time from 2005-2012 or so

Holy shit Sherbros.

It might be the mushrooms.

But I'm vibing so fucking hard to Alanis Morisette Jagged Little Pill right now.

Alanis Morisette was like if you mixed @HockeyBjj with Adele in an era where people were nonchalant about heroin and AIDS lmao.

The Saga Begins by Weird Al

That's a great song, but this sentence as a whole is an abomination

Green Day sucks and absolutely did start, or at least substantially feed, the current pulling punk rock toward eyeliner-laden pop rock. Easily the most trend hoppiest band of that generation and genre group.

Still dealing with this terrible cold / flu shit.

Thank god for unions and paid sick days. Plus this Ginger tea with some honey I added to it is helping nicely.

Sounds like corona to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back