War Room Lounge v83: The post that got you all buttmad. Revel in its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers to @Falsedawn for the thread title

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

@Anung Un Rama I figured out why that third singer in the Danny Boy video sounds better.

The first two guys are just reciting the song to the chords/key whereas the other guy is legit singing from his diaphram instead. You can hear a ton of the difference in the volume.

Mormon women wear headscarves?
Sugarhouse and Cottonwood Heights to a lesser degree are the more, liberal portion of the valley, IE... lot's of the tech and banking industry transplants.

Sugarhouse is a full on haven for the stereotype of a college liberal/Sodo-So-Pa from South Park type thing. There's a Whole Foods there and everything is why I said that.

Also, the super ultra fucking traditionalist Little House on the Prarie Mormons would wear bonnets or a headscarf in public.

@Gregolian Have you tried 3D energy drinks? They're zero-sugar and only 15 calories but taste like they're an ordinary (and high quality) energy drink, imo. No aspartame taste at all.

Since only drinking low-cal energy drinks, I've cut down from 205 to 185. Still fifty pounds above my high school competition weight, but nothing to scoff at.
I've done the Bang thing but I'm at the stage I'm tired of paying for them and it's less about taste. I probably drop almost $20 a week on them and figure if I get a pound of coffee grounds and a cold brew set up it's $120 right there depending on where I get it but will last me several months. I've also lost weight but the issue I've ran into is I just can't like, maintain what I'm doing I guess?

The closest gym to where I currently live is like a 15 minute drive, the one I am a member of is like 30 minutes if traffic is light (and it never is at the time when I would go) so I'm in that annoying situation where I could work out on the drive home from work but then that means I am not eating till like 7:30 PM which also isn't that great cause I tend to fall asleep/be in bed around 10 now.

Last edited:
From the Gen-Z suicide thread. Bringing it here to get the lounge's feedback, which are hopefully deeper than the generation is inherently weak, therefore nothing can be done to help them, therefore fuck 'em, therefore I am justified in fucking them over

Something that the topic made me think about was that Gen Z kids have a very different sense of humor compared to other generations. They really lean into Absurdist style humor. Your comment on Church made me think of Kierkegaard and Camus's takes on Absurdity, which admittedly I am only casually familiar with. People more familiar with them, please chime in and correct me.

Absurdism is roughly defined as a conflict occurring when people feel a need for their existence to have deeper meaning when the universe tells them existence is meaningless. When faced with the absurdity of trying to find meaning in a meaningless existence, the main resolutions are:
1. Escape existence (suicide)
2. Believe that meaning can be found in a realm beyond this existence (religion or spirituality)
3. Accept the absurdity (create your own self-fulfillment)

Given this kind of framework, the rise in suicide rates makes complete sense. Religion, while having benefits for community building, often falls apart under scientific scrutiny. Someone who cannot mentally close that gap for solution 2 will have to turn to 3. Next, if you look at the people trying to find their own fulfillment, they might see that the things that brought meaning to previous generations, like education, a career, attaining wealth, owning a home or having a family, are further out of reach compared to previous generations. The combination of an illusion of spirituality being harder to sustain with traditional self fulfillment milestones being out of reach mean that people are going to turn to other forms of community building with low barriers to entry, such as focus on online communities and/or political identities, or suicide unfortunately.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts.
Bringing this over to respond later.

Or if people want to bicker about something not completely trivial.

Last edited:
@Anung Un Rama I figured out why that third singer in the Danny Boy video sounds better.

The first two guys are just reciting the song to the chords/key whereas the other guy is legit singing from his diaphram instead. You can hear a ton of the difference in the volume.

Sugarhouse and Cottonwood Heights to a lesser degree are the more, liberal portion of the valley, IE... lot's of the tech and banking industry transplants.

Sugarhouse is a full on haven for the stereotype of a college liberal/Sodo-So-Pa from South Park type thing. There's a Whole Foods there and everything is why I said that.

Also, the super ultra fucking traditionalist Little House on the Prarie Mormons would wear bonnets or a headscarf in public.
I am buying a new scarf for this bullshit winter and am seriously considering buying something marketed to women as a headscarf. Same material, larger, cheaper, and they have options other than black, navy, and black-navy-grey plaid.

2 things... something about this ending with Dolly Parton over someone like Merle Haggard who was alive when it was made or Charley Pride annoys me.

2.) Funny story about Keith Urban. Saw him live at a festival and a friend's cousin got so shitfaced he fell asleep for like the artist before Urban. Urban starts playing and Adam wakes up and goes:
"Who's the chick playing?"
"Bruh, that's Keith Urban"
"She's pretty good"

I am buying a new scarf for this bullshit winter and am seriously considering buying something marketed to women as a headscarf. Same material, larger, cheaper, and they have options other than black, navy, and black-navy-grey plaid.
I'll just buy a shemagh. I wore one shooting this summer when the wind picked up and was kicking dust everywhere and it amazed me how well it kept the dust and sand out of my mouth and crap that I imagine it'd be great for the winter's too blowing snow around.

I'll just buy a shemagh. I wore one shooting this summer when the wind picked up and was kicking dust everywhere and it amazed me how well it kept the dust and sand out of my mouth and crap that I imagine it'd be great for the winter's too blowing snow around.
That's a scarf, bro.

That's pretty much what I have in mind, actually, except that they're cotton, which is not great for breathing through in cold weather.

That's a scarf, bro.

That's pretty much what I have in mind, actually, except that they're cotton, which is not great for breathing through in cold weather.
There's a company that makes something called face shields. Let me find a link:
https://safishing.com/product-category/face-shield/

Multiple patterns, tons of ways to wear them and I use a blaze orange one when I am hunting.

I've done the Bang thing but I'm at the stage I'm tired of paying for them and it's less about taste. I probably drop almost $20 a week on them and figure if I get a pound of coffee grounds and a cold brew set up it's $120 right there depending on where I get it but will last me several months. I've also lost weight but the issue I've ran into is I just can't like, maintain what I'm doing I guess?

The closest gym to where I currently live is like a 15 minute drive, the one I am a member of is like 30 minutes if traffic is light (and it never is at the time when I would go) so I'm in that annoying situation where I could work out on the drive home from work but then that means I am not eating till like 7:30 PM which also isn't that great cause I tend to fall asleep/be in bed around 10 now.

I usually drink the Rockstar zero sugar fruit punch or the Xdurance Peach tea of there's. They're 1.18/1.50 at the local walmart here.

Ooo those are cool.

Bringing this over to respond later.

Or if people want to bicker about something not completely trivial.

What if I wanna bicker about bickering about something that's not completely trivial?

Is that trivial or nontrivial?

Some day this whole place will be shut down

Make sure update so can unfairly tease

@Kafir-kun @Anung Un Rama @BarryDillon

Friendly reminder of why, if/when it comes down to Warren/Biden/Buttigieg, it is a moral imperative to support Warren. She may be entirely silent on or disinterested by foreign policy, but at least she's not actively beholden to Israeli interests.

Oh yeah Warren is 2nd place after Bernie in my eyes. At 3rd place we've got a tie between all the candidates I don't give a fuck about then at 4th Tulsi tied with Biden.

So hipster girls wear headscarves and long skirts now? Weird but okay.
That's not too surprising. Personally I wish headscarves were in style again. Not even about covering women's hair or religion and whatnot, used to an accessory chic women would wear and I think its cute
697a96618b9bc0ac1e68a76d777d9b20.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back