War Room Lounge v80: It's gigantic, but will it fill that gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearkens back to a time when the right had quality thinkers here who didn't pussyfoot around their arguments. They challenged left-leaning POVs and handily demolished the far left rabble, while today the entire right in here is about level with or beneath the left rabble, and doesn't have a prayer of directly engaging the best left wing posters.

I don't think that's just "good old days" bias, either.

Yeah, when I first showed up here, there was Denter, Zank, Oracle, BKMMA, GermanBJJ, Darwinist, Pan, Acrobat, Lee, Gandhi, and other good right-wing posters. Plus, people like James Keith, who was a massive asshole but a smart guy. They have all either left or don't really fit the description "right-wing" anymore except for Denter. Not much in terms of replacements.

@Limbo Pete or @Jack V Savage I'm racking out early, you wanna make the next? You're usually up a bit later than me nowadays. West coast punks and your candle-burning ways, imo.

Yeah, when I first showed up here, there was Denter, Zank, Oracle, BKMMA, GermanBJJ, Darwinist, Pan, Acrobat, Lee, Gandhi, and other good right-wing posters. Plus, people like James Keith, who was a massive asshole but a smart guy. They have all either left or don't really fit the description "right-wing" anymore except for Denter. Not much in terms of replacements.
Some of those dudes were really happy to brain members of their own tribe for coming up short, too.

Ah fuck
This is a conundrum
Ya know you my boy.... but James is such a douche.....

Ditch that schlub and run on your own imo

Pete, why can't we be friends?
Can I make you a peace offering?
Here, spoke on my peace pipe.
2a879f123ed22f085ce063d605660fc1.gif

Hearkens back to a time when the right had quality thinkers here who didn't pussyfoot around their arguments. They challenged left-leaning POVs and handily demolished the far left rabble, while today the entire right in here is about level with or beneath the left rabble, and doesn't have a prayer of directly engaging the best left wing posters.

I don't think that's just "good old days" bias, either.

Yikes.

Reminds me of a conversation between two old people I heard today about how the world was safer when they were young, and how people could comfortably nap in their cars without worry of being murdered by illegal immigrants.

Like those days, your described old times - where right wingers "handily demolished the far left rabble" - definitely never existed.

Yikes.

Reminds me of a conversation between two old people I heard today about how the world was safer when they were young, and how people could comfortably nap in their cars without worry of being murdered by illegal immigrants.

Like those days, your described old times - where right wingers "handily demolished the far left rabble" - definitely never existed.
Uh, yeah it really did happen in the WR. There were plenty of center-right-to-right posters who were posting at a much higher level than the average lefty. Not saying they were correct in their positions, but the quality of argument was there.

Said the LARPing communist, who can't even discuss Batman without bringing up "right wingers".

LOL.

five minutes with a cheapo foam roller can do wonders, cracks your back and gives a deep massage. you'll quickly find the spots that are giving you the most trouble. works well on the legs too

woman-foam-roller_s.jpg
They for sure help. I'm a tense dude, and I think I'm going to start going to a chiropractor. Those massage things have great reviews though. Just not sure if I want to drop $120 on one.

Edit: I think I'm going to order this.

I always liked @InternetHero even when I disagree with him. I think he has an interesting christian perspective on things

They for sure help. I'm a tense dude, and I think I'm going to start going to a chiropractor. Those massage things have great reviews though. Just not sure if I want to drop $120 on one.

Edit: I think I'm going to order this.

aye, definitely cheaper to get a roller first. do you have clearance sports stores over there, the ones where it's always a sale? should be able to score one for $10 or less. to begin with go for one with a harder core and softer outer layer, the non-foam ones that are hollow in the centre are torture machines

Mirafit-91cm-EPE-Foam-Roller.jpg

edit - sorry, misread. i can't see the thing you're gonna buy, thought you meant a roller

@Zankou is still a smart right wing poster, no? I don’t see him post often but I think he still is to the right and a smart guy

I always liked @InternetHero even when I disagree with him. I think he has an interesting christian perspective on things

He is a solid guy. Very pleasant to interact with.

Who was the "far left rabble"? There was some left wing rabble like bRaT and wing nuts like ShaolinSubz (think that was his name, "secrets of the ancients" type), but they weren't particularly far left.
There was posters like Das Uberdog, Evil Eye Gouger and Workers United who were fairly "far left", but I don't think they were "handily demolished" by Zank, Darwinist, AkumaKanji or GermanBJJ.
I think most of the better quality right wing posters would find themselves in the same position as Pan, now that everyone's obsessed with identity politics. I can't see any of them pulling a Greoric.

Some of those dudes were really happy to brain members of their own tribe for coming up short, too.
Which is why almost all of the ones left get labelled as leftists by the current wave of """""conservatives""""'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back