War Room Lounge V77: Anthony Johnson is not a good unit of measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
all I got from this post is that immigrants and foreigners are taking over this country.
amirite?
With tasty fucking food yes.

I walked past the curry place the other day and it's this old dude and his wife running it where they have a "bar" you can sit at that seats like 5 people and 3 tables that can sit 3 people and that's it.

Agreed. The part at 18:40 to about 21:30 is so weirdly spot on, and clearly evident right here in the WR that it's more than a little disconcerting to me. If it were worth the time, you could find tons of posts showing it in action. Greoric is a defining example.

Yeah, his whole descent was sad to see. Scorpion, too, though he's at least more chill about it.

With tasty fucking food yes.

I walked past the curry place the other day and it's this old dude and his wife running it where they have a "bar" you can sit at that seats like 5 people and 3 tables that can sit 3 people and that's it.

yea no kidding.

god damn I love Indian Food. there is that once place in west Seattle,...it's half bar, and half Indian Restaurant.

Shit...what was it called.
delicious.

Interesting, although the Neonazis/White nationalists/supremacists becoming less about organised geographic groups and more about online communities happened way before 2013 here, so I assume it happened earlier in the US as well.
Pretty much. As online spaces became more popular, the method of dissemination changed. Hardcore white nationalist websites are as old as the internet, but the process of infiltrating non-political spaces and radicalizing the base is fairly new.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/linds...impeachment-inquiry-a-lynching-in-every-sense

President Donald Trump’s shocking comparison of the ongoing impeachment inquiry against him to a “lynching” provoked widespread condemnation from congressional members of both parties on Monday—with the notable exception of Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who told reporters on Capitol Hill that the investigation into Trump is “a lynching in every sense.”

“I think it’s pretty well accurate—this is a shame, this is a joke,” Graham told a gaggle of reporters on Monday morning. “This is a lynching in every sense. This is un-American. I’ve never seen a situation in my lifetime as a lawyer where somebody’s accused of a major misconduct who cannot confront the accusers, call witnesses on their behalf, and have the discussion in the light of day so the public can judge.”

Lindsey Graham has really gone all in on Trumpism here.

It's 40 minutes long, but please make time in your week to watch this video. It's about the process in which a normal person becomes radicalized by the alt-right. So much of it rings true about the people in this forum that its honestly a little disconcerting.

In this 40 minute video is the author also going to point out that extreme liberals push a lot of people away ? Its a potent one 2 punch in my mind where the alt right always has its door open and that certain liberals have become really obnoxious. I think a lot of people out there see it and they go well Im not that so I must be this.

In this 40 minute video is the author also going to point out that extreme liberals push a lot of people away ? Its a potent one 2 punch in my mind where the alt right always has its door open and that certain liberals have become really obnoxious. I think a lot of people out there see it and they go well Im not that so I must be this.

Yes, he does point out something like that.

But we're all going to disagree some individuals on any side. It's not even theoretically possible to avoid that while maintaining any consistency because there are internal disagreements within broader groups. Seeing Gabbard's disgusting recent comments (for example) doesn't make me start identifying as a right-winger, though. There has to be more steps.

It's 40 minutes long, but please make time in your week to watch this video. It's about the process in which a normal person becomes radicalized by the alt-right. So much of it rings true about the people in this forum that its honestly a little disconcerting.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Have I missed any good fights in here recently?

Short answer: sort of.
It points out that a lot of people don't really self-identify as far-right, but rather as anti-left. But an anti-left person is still useful to a far right cause, and they are vulnerable to having their psychological barriers that kept them from identifying as fascist/racist/sexist/etc eroded over time because the urge to belong to a community is so strong.

yea no kidding.

god damn I love Indian Food. there is that once place in west Seattle,...it's half bar, and half Indian Restaurant.

Shit...what was it called.
delicious.
Indian food is especially amazing when I’m on my little vegetarian flirtations. Usually I go pescatarian.
Yeah, his whole descent was sad to see. Scorpion, too, though he's at least more chill about it.
There’s a guy a know from around the neighborhood, who I always liked. He was really involved in the local MMA scene and Little League. Anyway I recently found out what else he was up to and now he’s in jail for meth trafficking. I still really like him as a person and talked to him after and he’s respectful and the same guy, but it was disappointing of course...

actually no,

@Fawlty and I have forged a new, long last friendship.

we are officially "Sherbros."
giphy.gif

It points out that a lot of people don't really self-identify as far-right, but rather as anti-left. But an anti-left person is still useful to a far right cause, and they are vulnerable to having their psychological barriers that kept them from identifying as fascist/racist/sexist/etc eroded over time because the urge to belong to a community is so strong.
"Harassment as a tool of isolation" was an interesting point. It's similar to gang initiation, but since this form of hate is so decentralized, there is not really a way to initiate somebody, so you just encourage harassment and hope it sticks. And if it does stick, it's self-perpetuating because you're manipulated into harassing the people you would actually want to return to, socially, if you got your shit together.

It's not very effective, but at such a high volume you don't need a big success rate.

We have an open-ended bet where we have to be nice, or at least not insult or go off on people. I noticed we're both posting less, which probably isn't a coincidence.

Yes, he does point out something like that.

But we're all going to disagree some individuals on any side. It's not even theoretically possible to avoid that while maintaining any consistency because there are internal disagreements within broader groups. Seeing Gabbard's disgusting recent comments (for example) doesn't make me start identifying as a right-winger, though. There has to be more steps.

I think dumber people are more susceptible to it. You see it here all the time. Bernie was my guy but then some dope with purple hair said something I didnt like so I completely changed every political stance I ever had. I still dont get why you hate Tulsi or why so many on the right seem to have embraced her. The dum dums in our country confuse the hell out of me sometimes . I like trump but id vote for tulsi but I hate bernie seems like complete lunacy to me . I keep asking one of them to explain it to me and im still not satisfied by any answers I have received

I do think with an election on the line we need to do a better job of keeping a lid on our morons as I think they hurt our cause more than the rights morons . Beto and the purple haired weirdos are going to cost us this election due to how positively the right specially aggrieved white guys respond to identity issues. They dont give a shit about policy they just want to make their perceived enemies howl . Its hard for me not to sympathize with them except Im well aware sticking it to those people often comes at our own expense

Last edited:

Thats exactly what I was looking for and that is my belief as well

Im watching the video now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back