War Room Lounge V77: Anthony Johnson is not a good unit of measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you've been an ornery little shit recently.

Is it you in the video?

I lied, though, about you playing both voices. Someone or something else is doing the other voice, but I still hate your inflection when playing the liberal part.

See here, time stamped:

Future president

74599531_10215134548380105_1210157626067779584_o.jpg

I had to watch this in two parts just due to the press of other matters. Just finished it.

What do you suppose the odds are that any "gabes" in here will watch even 10 minutes of it? Don't take that the wrong way, mind; I'm not criticizing it for its length or you for posting it--rather I am curious about whether any of them would even try watching a little bit of it, and if so, what the odds are it would do any good.

I'm not naming names to avoid inaccurate labeling but I truly wonder if any of them have the guts to give it an honest go and tell us about it.
I don't know. Part of the problem with the "Gabes" is that they might not even realize their situation. And even if they have the self awareness, there's always the possibility that the backfire effect will make them resist the message even more.
I heard a line from Michael Moore during an interview that went something along the lines of "There are some people that might be open to collective bargaining and expanding safety nets, but for some reason or another, they hate gay people or Muslims. There is nothing you can do to reach these people". I guess treat it like triage; help the ones you can, and give comfort to the dying. There are other things that you can do with your time.

Can you clarify? Combat what, exactly?

The massive and organized effort to steer people to the alt right, plus, the distortion of information used by them.

Yeah, in all seriousness, @Jack V Savage, I don't understand your issue with her position. For-profit schools, including for-profit charter schools, should be banned. Full stop. Existing charter schools should be (at least) equally transparent to public schools. And, panning out, the movement to privatize public education needs to be aggressively stopped.

None of those positions are incompatible with allowing charter schools as mechanisms for expanded access and innovation.

@kpt018

So, the left-wing criticisms of Trudeau are, in part, that he's bad for organized labor (in Canada and abroad with ideological commitment to free trade), his foreign policy is exploitative and hypocritical (kowtowing to Saudi Arabia and Israel; selling weapons), and, perhaps most frequently, his hostility to environmentalism.
I didn't read the linked document, but I don't agree Trudeau has kowtowed to SA. He honored an arms sale that was agreed to by the previous Conservative government. That isn't the same thing as entering into such an agreement. I think that's most likely because the last time a PM cancelled such an agreement made by the previous government it resulted a huge financial payout for breach of contract and in political backlash.

Aside from that, the Trudeau government has been a vocal critic of SA and I'm not aware of anything else he has done that can be considered kowtowing. Again, I admit I didn't read the link, so there may be counter examples of actions he has taken that put paid to his public stance and I welcome you to present them. I haven't the foggiest idea about any evidence of kowtowing to Israel either, mind you, so if you would be so kind as to save me the time and provide some examples, I would appreciate it because I have a lot of other things on the go at the moment.

Yeah, in all seriousness, @Jack V Savage, I don't understand your issue with her position. For-profit schools, including for-profit charter schools, should be banned. Full stop. Existing charter schools should be (at least) equally transparent to public schools. And, panning out, the movement to privatize public education needs to be aggressively stopped.

None of those positions are incompatible with allowing charter schools as mechanisms for expanded access and innovation.

@kpt018
Not to mention, I think it was Jack himself who pointed out that segregation in schools along economic lines leads to worse outcomes for low income people. I would like to see some evidence that Warren's measures are ineffective in addressing that issue.

@kpt018

She wants to end for-profit schools and stop federal funding for expanding charter schools (which should be expanded). If she amended it to calling for ending for-profit *charter* schools (not all for-profit schools) and transparency for existing charter schools, I'd be OK with it.

But also, she's pushing out a lot of ideas, many of which are good and some of which are very bad. It seems to me that the bad ones are disproportionately achievable politically. That's causing me some concern. And politically, a lot of this is harmful. The 2020 election should be really simple: "I'm not going to be corrupt and stupid, and I'll make sure to fill important positions with people who know what they're doing." Stop adding bullshit that would hurt the country and your chances.

She's like Shelbyville Manhattan:

The massive and organized effort to steer people to the alt right, plus, the distortion of information used by them.
I wouldn't say the video characterizes it as organized and neither do I. It doesn't have to be. Social media algorithms connect them seamlessly.

Fuck, Warren. Getting harder and harder to support her. I mean, she has a long, long, long way to go before she's not obviously way better than Trump.

Just swallow the red pill, Jack. I did, and life is a lot happier.

She wants to end for-profit schools and stop federal funding for expanding charter schools (which should be expanded). If she amended it to calling for ending for-profit *charter* schools (not all for-profit schools) and transparency for existing charter schools, I'd be OK with it.

She only called for the outright ban of for-profit charter schools, as you would prefer. It was me who said that all for-profit schools should be banned

"We must stop the privatization of public schools. My administration will end federal funding for the expansion of charter schools, ban for-profit charter schools, and ensure existing charter schools are held to the same level of transparency and accountability as public schools."

The 2020 election should be really simple: "I'm not going to be corrupt and stupid, and I'll make sure to fill important positions with people who know what they're doing." Stop adding bullshit that would hurt the country and your chances.

So....the 2016 Clinton campaign then? Just pure "I'm not that guy" campaign style?

It's pretty astonishing to me that you think the electorate cares about institutional competence and how qualified the Secretary of Energy, et al. are. It would seem to me that the vast majority of the voting public, including the majority of Democrats, aren't particularly knowledgeable about, let alone concerned about, the proliferation of corruption and ineptitude in the judiciary and cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back