1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

War Room Lounge v74: Enjoy your whiskey tide pods

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Fawlty, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spin

spin Gold Belt

I knew it!

Limbo Pete likes this.
  2. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    Yeah its natural to unconsciously associate aspects of a poster's account with them irl. And in my case my title is Arabic for Pharaoh so makes sense that some would think I'm an Arab.

For instance my mental image of @Lord Coke is still Guy-sensei.

Lord Coke and Higus like this.
  3. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Would never happen in this day and age, same with a female president (Regardless of race) The good old boys club is strong and well for at least another 100 years. I don't agree with this, it just is how it is.

TeTe and Kafir-kun like this.
  4. spin

spin Gold Belt

Bottom line is we are mostly lazy and only moderately racist.

5. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Hillary was a cunt hair away from winning, its absolutely possible for a woman to win. I think if a woman does win she'll either be blonde, pretty for her age, or both. A non-white woman though? Not a chance.

Sketch likes this.
  6. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

I just watched the Joker. I enjoyed it and thought.....

I thought the class struggle angle really fleshed out the movie but the Thomas Wayne could be my father arc detracted from the overall class struggle theme.

7. spin

spin Gold Belt

I don't think we really have enough data to tell if a woman is electable yet.

8. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

I never have seen the numbers easily laid out like this for Harvard.
    https://www.thecollegefix.com/harva...dHZ6VcohdvivXcSs2nUPk4SCs5ggylUwtBFlFV0evvb40
    The judge also was unperturbed by the fact that, based on grades, test scores and other factors, Asian-American applicants with a 25 percent chance of admission would have a 35 percent chance if they’re white, 75 percent chance they’re Latino, and a 95 percent chance if they’re African-American.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  9. MMAisGod

MMAisGod Ya keep pushing or ya quit. That simple.

Bruh-

I thought that angle was dead on. It highlighted how mental illness doesn't affect just the individual who has it, but also how those who have it can affect others around them. His mom was mentally ill, deluding herself into that belief, which was a great detriment to him. It also filled in to show the difference in class, when he went to go see him, saw his house, so his lifestyle, relative to his own. It kicked in the desire to have a status that he could never even come close to achieving, while Bruce Wayne was literally born on the other side of that gate.[/quote]

Lead and Lord Coke like this.
  10. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

@Prokofievian is it wrong that I want to get a Grezlyck sweater just because his name matches the team he's on so well?

11. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

The fact that Hillary got as close as she did tells me its very possible. Trump barely won, run that election again a week earlier or later and you could get a different result. Now that said I do think its a bit of an uphill battle for a woman unless she's like the picture perfect candidate. If a woman does get elected president in the near future I expect she'll be quite the picture perfect candidate. Probably attractive as I said earlier but I think military service would help a lot as well to avoid the perception that she'd be weak on matters like foreign policy. Gabbard has those two but she's a bit dark and also grew up in a cult so that kind of hurts her chances. No way she could have five kids with three different husbands or even a whiff of adultery in her personal life. Men who are adulterers almost seem to benefit from their infidelity in the eyes of some, as if it shows that they're alpha. But a woman who commits adultery is just a whore.

12. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Sucks but I also get it on some level. If they truly admitted students on the basis of merit some universities would become de facto women's colleges where half the student population are Asian. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing but some universities want a diverse student population as that makes them more attractive to each incoming class of students or at least that's thought to be the case.

Lord Coke likes this.
  13. Trotsky

Trotsky Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Stop visiting The College Fix. No one is going to take its articles seriously. With that said, if a race-neutral policy was undertaken, Asian Americans would be the biggest beneficiaries, but the biggest decline in acceptance would be white people. With an income-adjusted affirmative action system, colleges would quickly become majority nonwhite. In that event, you can bet your tits that those supposedly genuine advocates for Asian American justice would instantly become Hitler incarnate.

Limbo Pete, BarryDillon and Kafir-kun like this.
  14. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Also, "merit" seems to be badly defined in that case. And the point has never been to turn colleges into some kind of reward for the best-scoring HS students in the country, and the way the system is gamed makes that a problem even if that were the intention.

15. spin

spin Gold Belt

I think election will tell us where the country truly stands on Trump, which well us more about the previous election.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  16. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Yeah that's a good point as well, grades are only one metric.

17. Graves

Graves ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

Trump? I just read he's going to resign if impeachment is imminent.
    So says someone with an opinion.

18. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

Blame Mark Zuckrberg this article just came across my facebook feed.
    Who cares if white people are hurt by a race neutral policy. If its fair its fair.
    And I'll worry about that when our goals are not aligned with what I completely understand are groups using Asians as a Trojan horse

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Kafir-kun and A.C. like this.
  19. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

the point is to have a system that students can work towards something. If its not grades then something else. This personality metric harvard uses to cover up their anti Asian bias is BS

Kafir-kun likes this.
  20. BarryDillon

BarryDillon Brown Belt Platinum Member

They lost, get over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.