War Room Lounge v74: Enjoy your whiskey tide pods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you. I just know I will pause next time, thinking "This is not actually part of a chicken"
That should be true the majority of the time you have sex.

@Kafir-kun

I somehow, in Salt Lake City of all places, found an Arabic bakery the other day when driving to a place to get my truck an emission's test.

Anything I should look out for that is especially tasty?

@Kafir-kun

I somehow, in Salt Lake City of all places, found an Arabic bakery the other day when driving to a place to get my truck an emission's test.

Anything I should look out for that is especially tasty?
So I guess people think I'm Arab here even though I've said otherwise...

Kanafeh is amazing, if they have it I can't recommend it enough. Other than that your guess is about as good as mine, I am not that familiar with Arab cuisine. I know of baklava which is decent but so does everyone else. I have had some Arab baked goods and enjoyed some of them a lot but its not like I can tell you the names off the top of my head or even describe them well. I can tell you they like to use dates and pistachios in their sweets so if you are not a fan of those two think twice about spending money there, though that said they can come up with some interesting flavors with those that you might not expect. If you don't mind dates and pistachios I would recommend experimenting there.
This is a very safe space...where even sworn enemies come together and enjoy beer and wine together.

or in @Kafir-kun 's case, a big fat blunt.
<{pranko}>

ahhh Yes, as Malcolm X once said, "Arabic will be the spiritual language of the future. Chinese will be the political one."
tenor.gif

So I guess people think I'm Arab here even though I've said otherwise...

Kanafeh is amazing, if they have it I can't recommend it enough. Other than that your guess is about as good as mine, I am not that familiar with Arab cuisine. I know of baklava which is decent but so does everyone else. I have had some Arab baked goods and enjoyed some of them a lot but its not like I can tell you the names off the top of my head or even describe them well. I can tell you they like to use dates and pistachios in their sweets so if you are not a fan of those two think twice about spending money there, though that said they can come up with some interesting flavors with those that you might not expect. If you don't mind dates and pistachios I would recommend experimenting there.

Well now I feel dumb.

Thanks though.

No, @Kafir-kun is not an arab, he's a decent, family man citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with.

You are Arab until we say otherwise, I guess :)

I was joking about how someone else assumed he spoke Arabic.

There used to be a poster called Marsupial who wasn't Australian. Kind of blew everyone's mind when he revealed that.

"From a fighter's point of view, [the McGregor rivalry] is a thing of the past," he said. "I have nothing to prove. But he has something to prove. We know he does. There's a lot of businessmen here and I think most of them will tell me to fight him because it'll bring money. I'd fight all the main contenders first, and I could fight him to benefit my agricultural projects.
<{Heymansnicker}>
Well now I feel dumb.

Thanks though.
Some other poster recently tagged me to ask me to translate some Arabic so its not just you.
You are Arab until we say otherwise, I guess :)
Well I'm glad my personal info is not common knowledge here yet so sure I'll be an Arab if that means keeping that up.

I was joking about how someone else assumed he spoke Arabic.

There used to be a poster called Marsupial who wasn't Australian. Kind of blew everyone's mind when he revealed that.
I still remember all the shocked reactions when @Zer was outed as a non-asian

It's actually pretty perfect. It's racist, misogynistic, anti-Obama, anti-Tranny, fact-free, and also quite dumb.
I know LI is just kidding but I'm with @Sycho Sid, that really does piss me off. Obama as a POTUS had his faults but his family is pretty much picture perfect so it seems like the only thing that those low enough to want to attack his family could settle on is that Michelle isn't pretty enough. I guess some on the left were trying to push Michelle as some 21st century Jackie Kennedy when the shoe didn't really fit but the backlash that Michelle got was shockingly ugly given how inoffensive she is.

I was actually talking about this with a friend the other day, about how Obama was squeaky clean and pretty much had to be as a black candidate for POTUS. As Bill Maher said once, if Obama had five kids with three different women like Trump he never would've had a chance. If America elects a Muslim POTUS I bet it'd be the same, a picture perfect candidate that would nonetheless be scrutinized endlessly. Honestly I think if a Muslim is ever elected in the US there's a strong chance it'll be a white male convert, I think for a desi or Arab to get elected would be too much of an uphill battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back