War Room Lounge v74: Enjoy your whiskey tide pods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of far worse posters allowed back, is TheOldMan El Viejito/ProBoxingInsidr/El Anciano? You know him, right?

I mean C'mon...even you have to acknowledge that the treatment Rip is receiving is a little unfair.

(assuming that he didn't have 20 other trolling accounts)

I told no lies and acknowledged a mistake I made regarding an apology I thought Rip made. Besides that I made no other "lies" or "half truths." That's on you and your friends.

Well... aside from getting wrong why he was banned, his behaviour before he was banned, and why he wasn't allowed to make his most recent account. Whether you call those "half-truths" or "lies" I'll let you weasel.

Speaking of fun logic puzzles, this is an old favorite:

Three wise men are told to stand in a straight line, one in front of the other. A hat is put on each of their heads. They are told that each of these hats was selected from a group of five hats: two black hats and three white hats. The first man, standing at the front of the line, can’t see either of the men behind him or their hats. The second man, in the middle, can see only the first man and his hat. The last man, at the rear, can see both other men and their hats.

None of the men can see the hat on his own head. They are asked to deduce its color. Some time goes by as the wise men ponder the puzzle in silence. Finally the first one, at the front of the line, makes an announcement: “My hat is white.”

He is correct. How did he come to this conclusion?
Late to the party but I'll crack at it:

Their names are Back, Middle, and Front

All three know almost immediately that Front and Middle don't both have black hats, because Back would have known immediately that his own hat was white.
Therefore, at least one white hat is on Front or Middle.
According to each man's knowledge, the possible combinations remaining are (going Back-Middle-Front):
Black White Black
Black White White
Black Black White
White White Black
White Black White
White White White​

Middle can now deduce that if Front wears a black hat, he must wear a white hat, as there are no other possibilities.
Because Middle does not announce his white hat, Front knows that he does not himself wear a black hat. Therefore, Front knows he has a white hat.

(The cool part about this one for me is that the guy with the least information can infer the most about his own state)

Last edited:
Dude, I think you fucked up the question.
You lack trust in the wisdom of your fellow man, at least when you are arranged in straight lines of three and are unsure about your hats. This is not the worst of human traits, but it's not the best!

But I even have uncertainty about my model. Typically, I will choose something that is tractable. It will certainly be wrong, to some degree though. This has parallels to radar. I have an antenna model (it is idealized) and a noise model (something with computable moments) and I make linear combinations to maximize SNR. That's all both dealing with uncertainty, but it's also a bit make believe.

Another example would be compressive sensing, where you typically design your compression matrix randomly. This is already being deployed in MRI.

A signal only has information, in a shannon sense, if it has uncertainty. The maximum throughput of your communication system will be directly proportional to the amount of entropy in the signal.

Yes theres no deployment without uncertainty, there's no uncertainty because any device as a limitation to the degree of accuracy it records. But, you risk assessment under that. By deployment you know you have the best chance as your measured (uncertainty +/- ) decreases from where it started

But I know my chanel capacity as it relates to interconversion that any entropy has on my frequency. This risk assement is done (in connection with a myriad of other steps) before deployment.

Well... aside from getting wrong why he was banned, his behaviour before he was banned, and why he wasn't allowed to make his most recent account. Whether you call those "half-truths" or "lies" I'll let you weasel.

What behavior are you referring to? the whole gay thing?

and I didn't see you address "why he wasn't allowed to make his most recent account"

all I know is you guys instabanned him.

You can weasel your way around this as well .

You lack trust in the wisdom of your fellow man, at least when you are arranged in straight lines of three and are unsure about your hats. This is not the worst of human traits, but it's not the best!

My faith in 3 wise men diminished the day they thought they could follow a star that can't be seen at that time of the year in that part of the world to bring presents to a baby born out of adultery in the middle of a barn

Nope

Hint, think of the situation if there was only 1 blue eyed person, then go to 2, and so on

I got it now. I think.

I somehow got the solution twisted and thought that the question was 'When does the guru speak up?' when actually it is about the outcome after the fact.

So... following your hint, if there are two, I see you and you have blue eyes but you won't leave, so we leave together the following night because I realize the only reason why you didn't leave was because you saw me having blue eyes.

Knowing that I know this and you know this, this logic would then become what we do and how we progress in iterations. We pretend that there are 3, 4, 5 etc. blue-eyed folks and wait and wait. On night 99, I as a blue-eyed person expect the other 99 to leave, but they won't, so I leave together with them on night number 100.

What behavior are you referring to? the whole gay thing?

and I didn't see you address "why he wasn't allowed to make his most recent account"

all I know is you guys instabanned him.

You can weasel your way around this as well .

Well if you don't read the posts, I guess you "wouldn't see it".
Kinda like how you "did see" Rip's supposed apology in a thread you posted in directly after him, and where there was no apology.
Noones going to be allowed back on the basis of your (or whoever else is circulating nonsense) misrepresentation of events though.

Well if you don't read the posts, I guess you "wouldn't see it".
Kinda like how you "did see" Rip's supposed apology in a thread you posted in directly after him, and where there was no apology.
Noones going to be allowed back on the basis of your (or whoever else is circulating nonsense) misrepresentation of events though.

I addressed that "apology" already and acknowledged that.

if you have definitive proof that Ripskater was a troll account and had multiple accounts then let's see it.

no one is circulating anything besides addressing an unfair banning and asking for clarification. you guys have been very cryptic about it, most likely because you know it's rooted in bullshit.

But I've noticed that about a lot of you Mods. you guys are cool posters at first, then you get the modship and you guys think you're top shit and censor for no reason and ban people you don't like.

oh, and in before @Limbo Pete likes your post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back