War Room Lounge v58: Gregolian in da House!

No poll this time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the persons post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

Home is so sad. It stays as it was left,
Shaped to the comfort of the last to go
As if to win them back. Instead, bereft
Of anyone to please, it withers so,
Having no heart to put aside the theft

And turn again to what it started as,
A joyous shot at how things ought to be,
Long fallen wide. You can see how it was:
Look at the pictures and the cutlery.
The music in the piano stool. That vase.

"
― Philip Larkin

"Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...all my cereal is still in boxes!
― Count Chocula

Football season! All Hail the true religion of America

Message or quote me to get in on the sherdog warroom fantasy league and prove your faithfulness to the Just Bleed God's cousin, the Lord of Concusions.

Last edited:
I want a house like that.... I need to find some rich white southern plantation girl wanting to get back at daddy by marrying a minority.

I is. Student loans and single income

I fund my fantasy entry fees with one of my leagues winning 3 years in a row now and should be 4 unless injuries kill me. Dynasty so keep each player year after year

Qb- Russell Wilson
Rb- Gurley, Kamara, McCaffrey
Wr- Hopkins, Diggs, Kenny Golladay, Edelman
Te- Kelce

Is my starting lineup and I have depth to help. Gurley's knees worry me, but Derrick Henry or Trail Cohen is available on bench.
Run CMC and Gurley carried my ass in my money league with Edelman helping. Then Gurley faltered and I forgot to grab CJ Anderson for the semi finals and finals.

GAH

Yea dynasty leagues are super cool. I'm only in one, a 12-man. Same guys since about 2009, with only one guy who dropped out. You learn people's strategy after a while and it becomes a lot more analytical than the regular leagues.
Frankly regular leagues that aren't dynasty there's a bunch of ways to game it by like streaming QBs and shit throughout the year.

Run CMC and Gurley carried my ass in my money league with Edelman helping. Then Gurley faltered and I forgot to grab CJ Anderson for the semi finals and finals

I picked up Damien Williams after the Hunt Punt and won a different league with that. Bonus money, I wasn't seen as a top contender til getting D Williams as my rb3.

<Moves>

Football season! All Hail the true religion of America

Message or quote me to get in on the sherdog warroom fantasy league and prove your faithfulness to the just bleed God's cousin, the Lord of Concusions.

Ill jump in

I picked up Damien Williams after the Hunt Punt and won a different league with that. Bonus money, I wasn't seen as a top contender til getting D Williams as my rb3.

<Moves>
I pulled the Williams thing too. Actually, I had both KC backs not named Hunt on my team at the end in one league.

Also, in my two main leagues we do Auction Drafts. Dunno if you guys have ever tried it, but once you go Auction you never go back. I only play in Snake when invited to leagues now.

Auction is just so much more work. Kinda would prefer this to be casual. Makes for easier shit giving and receiving

Auction and salary cap dynasty is great, but a fucked up auction will have you rebuilding for 3+ years

Sweet, what site do you use? ESPN?

Once we get full we'll see what works best for everyone. Probably ESPN cause most have used that in the past. I've moved 2 leagues to Sleeper now tho and gotta say it's super nice.

Once we get full we'll see what works best for everyone. Probably ESPN cause most have used that in the past. I've moved 2 leagues to Sleeper now tho and gotta say it's super nice.

Sounds good. Let me know

I've never used ESPN. Whoops.

Always done Yahoo and Yahoo has a chat box too for each league for shit stirring and talking... and posting random wrestling gifs.

Also, I'm in.

Always done Yahoo and Yahoo has a chat box too for each league for shit stirring and talking... and posting random wrestling gifs.

Also, I'm in.

I think they all have that chat box... I have done yahoo also and for football its actually nice.

Also, I'm in.

Yep. I got you

tenor.gif

Sleeper has a built in live chat (mutable for when you don't want your phone constantly going off at work) that works nicely. Once we have 12 I'll probably make a group pm for the league and we can discuss platform, scoring, draft date, etc.

@Fawlty my apologies for hijacking the lounge for your dreaded handegg

Yep. I got you

tenor.gif

Sleeper has a built in chat as well (mutable for when you don't want your phone constantly going off at work). Once we have 12 I'll probably make a group pm for the league and we can discuss platform, scoring, draft date, etc.
giphy.webp

*EagleScreech

Now to come up with a classy yet offensive name and team pic. Ran a league last year where there was a hardcore Yankees fan in it and named my team "Judge's Needle" with a pic of Joe Kelly for the team pic.

Also, in my two main leagues we do Auction Drafts. Dunno if you guys have ever tried it, but once you go Auction you never go back. I only play in Snake when invited to leagues now.

I might be down for that. I've never done auction, but I feel like it might best allow one to get all their sleepers.

So if I am trying to force myself to get into American Football, what's the best way to start?

If you're asking sincerely, just buy an old version of Madden for a few bucks and play it. That's probably the easiest way to learn the game organically and enjoyably.

I might be down for that. I've never done auction, but I feel like it might best allow one to get all their sleepers.
It's going to be rough for a guy like JDragon though who knows nothing about football. Unless we all really want him to be Andre.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back