War Room Lounge v55: Do Underage Racial Slurs Truly Have Free Will?

Is There Free Will?

• No, and the universe is deterministic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither option is quite right and I'll try to explain why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

There are two different people named Alan Watts that I love very derply. Kind of random, honestly. This one is a groovy guru even though I don't really like gurus:

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
’Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go.

Like the winds of the sea
Are the waves of time,
As we journey along through life,
’Tis the set of the soul,
That determines the goal,
And not the calm or the strife.

"
― Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...I eat therefore I am!
― Count Chocula

Last edited:
As far as that pole is concerned, there's really only one option anyone should be picking imo
Fawlty, we're all sick and tired of your armchair horseshit

Thread would've been five stars with my name suggestion and the poll being how many cabooses are too many?

Anyone else get three day weekends every week?

Thread would've been five stars with my name suggestion and the poll being how many cabooses are too many?

The more cabooses the more lube, right?

I've determined that free will is highly underutilized by most people.

Currently drinking Lost coast brewery's Tangerine. 10/10

Fireball and miller lite, like every night. :oops:

Go stumble upon some worryingly young waifu on the dark web or whatever it is you do when you're not being a retard in here.
Already one step ahead bro
original.gif

I think it's specifically a muslim thing with him
He seems to follow Sam Harris' lead on that issue but I don't think its the primary motivating factor. Like I said earlier I think he's being reflexively anti-SJW and accusations of racism are often seen as SJW talking points so he's going to resist them or try and play apologist for the other side anyway he can. And in his defense he wasn't saying that towelhead isn't bigoted, just that its not racist because its associated with religions(Islam, Sikhism) rather than a race. But at the same time I would counter by saying that those who use the term tend to imagine a certain race, either an Arab or a South Asian. So I think its both personally.

Currently watching Meth Storm. It's a HBO documentary. It's beautiful because I just learned that some meth heads get jacked up and go to church.

The more you know. It's a pretty good documentary.

This documentary is actually pretty fucked up and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back