War Room Lounge V46: Old Internet Videos

Who would you rather start a small business with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Awwwww yeahhhhhh (thanks @Falsedawn)

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"
Mere forgetfulness cannot remove it
Nor wishing bring it back, as long as it remains
The white precipitate of its dream
In the climate of sighs flung across our world,
A cloth over a birdcage.
But it is certain that
What is beautiful seems so only in relation to a specific
Life, experienced or not, channeled into some form
Steeped in the nostalgia of a collective past.

"
― John Ashbery

"Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...hmm, these aren't as good as I remember them being!
― Count Chocula

fmqifVZ.png

Saw an old article the other day, on how this guy apparently sued the video maker while doing his best to remain anonymous.
Memed against his will.

I hope you all moisturized and exfoliated your wonderful skins today.

What do you think I dodged? I take it you don't think you can win the bet?

Not related to your question. I want to know what you ate for dinner last night?

No poll? This thread sucks, @Lead please delete.

Saw an old article on how this guy apparently sued the video maker the other day, while doing his best to remain anonymous.
Memed against his will.

Was gonna mention that (can't remember if I heard it here or NPR or something). It's so unusual for a person to react like that now. He could have made a few years' salary even back then, just for being Techno Viking on the weekends and having fun with it. I respect his choice though, that's some commitment.

Poll topic suggestion? I'm out of ideas.

Favorite Wes Anderson Film
Favorite Arnold Swarzeneggar Movie
What position do you sleep (back, side, stomach, etc.)
Sexiest woman on OITNB
Best Shakespeare play
Favorite Always Sunny character
How many times a day/week do you dump

come on, the choices are literally endless

What do you think I dodged? I take it you don't think you can win the bet?

I am disinterested in your bet. Making everything about me personally is a cynical ad hominem tactic of yours. Your dodge was that I was clearly not talking about whether or not you think I lie, but your bigoted stereotyping of religious groups. You aren't all that different from the extreme alt right types in that respect; they are similarly tribal.

Bernie Sanders
Donald Trump
Elizabeth Warren
Joe Biden
Pete Buttegieg
Mitch McConnell

Bernie Sanders
Donald Trump
Elizabeth Warren
Joe Biden
Pete Buttegieg
Mitch McConnell
I'll take Bernie because he's openly hostile to success.

Bernie Sanders
Donald Trump
Elizabeth Warren
Joe Biden
Pete Buttegieg
Mitch McConnell
I choose Trump, even though I already know he would rob me and then sue me. Because I'm tired of these identity politics.

I am disinterested in your bet. Making everything about me personally is a cynical ad hominem tactic of yours. Your dodge was that I was clearly not talking about whether or not you think I lie, but your bigoted stereotyping of religious groups. You aren't all that different from the extreme alt right types in that respect; they are similarly tribal.

You're the opposite of disinterested in it. And no, I assure you, your dishonest is legitimately the reason that I think you're a liar. It's not some kind of ploy, and I'm not sure how "Jack doesn't like the fact that Inga lies all the time" relates to tribalism.

The bet is interesting because theoretically, victory would be entirely in your hands, but I think your habits would be stronger than your desire to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back