War Room Lounge V33: The Value of Truth

What sorts of lies are most acceptable to you?

• Lies for monetary gain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lies that are broken promises

• Lies like plagiarism or taking credit

• Lies to damage a rival

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

There is definitely not a pole and you aren't allowed to answer it. In fact, there is no such thing as a pole. You cannot choose up to 7 responses from what definitely are not 19 options. You couldn't possibly come up with one that's not on the list, so there's no way you could talk about it in the discussion below.

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

O 'tis a lovely thing for youth
To early walk in wisdom's way;
To fear a lie, to speak the truth,
That we may trust to all they say!

But liars we can never trust,
Even when they say what is true.
And he who does one fault at first
And lies to hide it, makes it two.

"
― Isaac Watts

"
Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...prosocial lies!
― Count Chocula

Last edited:
You forgot lies to start wars and enslave people.

We talking personal life or in politics for the poll?

Because many times, lying to spare someone's feelings is just called not being a dick

Lies that my boss tells me to tell my subordinates.

You forgot lies to start wars and enslave people.
I added one to the bottom that sort of fits. I'm not trying to have options that can't possibly be defended, like slavery. But I suppose there are still some people who think like John Bolton so that should work.

There is definitely not a pole and you aren't allowed to answer it. In fact, there is no such thing as a pole. You cannot choose up to 7 responses from what definitely are not 19 options. You couldn't possibly come up with one that's not on the list, so there's no way you could talk about it in the discussion below.

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

O 'tis a lovely thing for youth
To early walk in wisdom's way;
To fear a lie, to speak the truth,
That we may trust to all they say!

But liars we can never trust,
Even when they say what is true.
And he who does one fault at first
And lies to hide it, makes it two.

"
― Isaac Watts

"
Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...prosocial lies!
― Count Chocula

That video is very powerful. True story, I met my wife online, and at the time, she had absolutely no idea how lucky she was that she didn't encounter someone just like that (in the video) before meeting me. I have to give Henry Rollins a lot of credit.

The worst lies are people @Fawlty who pretend to be your friend and then discard you one day like used trash

That video is very powerful. True story, I met my wife online, and at the time, she had absolutely no idea how lucky she was that she didn't encounter someone just like that (in the video) before meeting me. I have to give Henry Rollins a lot of credit.
I don't even like being set up with an unknown friend-of-a-friend through a phone call. I did sorta get close to a person online once, and don't want to repeat it lol. You're very lucky, both of you.

I love the thread idea but I don't think people will be honest.....

And what about faking your online persona? Not lying per se but acting in a way that you never would IRL.

The most acceptable lies are those my wife tells when comparing my prowess to that of her former lovers

one of whom just so happens to resemble a certain Dothraki sex god.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
And then that same guy who pretended to be your friend, he goes around labeling you as 'mentally ill' to everyone on the forum. That's the worst kid of lie

Lies that Donald Trump tells are the only acceptable lies to me

I don't approve of any sort of lying. I guess lying to spare feelings is somewhat OK. But telling a chick that she doesn't look fat/old isn't really lying if YOU believe it.

The most acceptable lies are those my wife makes comparing my prowess to that of her former lovers, one of whom just so happens to resemble a certain Dothraki sex god.

What the hell?

I don't approve of any sort of lying. I guess lying to spare feelings is somewhat OK. But telling a chick that she doesn't look fat/old isn't really lying if YOU believe it.

But you are a proven liar man

I love the thread idea but I don't think people will be honest.....

And what about faking your online persona? Not lying per se but acting in a way that you never would IRL.
The biggest way I'm different is that I actually have pleasant political convos with people (with a couple family exceptions, those can be rough). I'm a lot more patient because I like faces, voices, feedback, etc. I care about people more when I can see them. I suspect it's like that for a lot of people who mix it up here.

The most acceptable lies are those my wife tells when comparing my prowess to that of her former lovers, one of whom just so happens to resemble a certain Dothraki sex god.

tenor.gif
Hahahahahaha

Your nickname lives true.

How does it feel that your wife thinks of someone else just to get through being with you?

The biggest way I'm different is that I actually have pleasant political convos with people (with a couple family exceptions, those can be rough). I'm a lot more patient because I like faces, voices, feedback, etc. I care about people more when I can see them. I suspect it's like that for a lot of people who mix it up here.
100% and I think it's impossible to behave the same way online as IRL. I'm referring to people that are totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back