Social War Room Lounge v245: I would filet you like a spontaneous firework hand

How should Liberals defend universal human dignity while supporting social progress?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait did a fighter actually use that as a nickname or are you joshing me here?

Nolan did the same thing when he made Inception which to most observers seems very similar to Paprika. The Matrix was also influenced by Ghost in the Shell.

Seems like copying niche anime films that most Americans don't know about is a good way to make a smash hit.
The wachsowki sisters ripped off a lot anime and Comics, not just ghost in the shell but also Grant Morrison's run the invisibles.

The family is crumbling. Children are less happy. Mental illness is spreading. Society is decaying. These things happened when women were handed social advantage. Our countries are being flooded with people who will likely make them worse places to live.
Now there's a doozy of a post lmao

It’s possible. That looks very achievable with body weight
I could almost look like that now even in my 50's if I only kept up the proper exercise routine. I barely have to look at something heavy to look half decent. I just can't seem to stay consistent. Some, like me, are fortunate when it comes to that sort of genetic expression. This is not a brag--I take no credit for it--it's just the luck of the draw. An interesting consequence of that is after 30+ years of clearly self-regulating weight/appetite, the realization--that I'm just lucky that at 6' I stay within the 160-185 range more or less no matter what kind of food I eat or what I drink because my body automatically adjusts my consumption to compensate--helped me understand the science that shows the majority of fat people also have pretty much no say in how fat they get because their body doesn't regulate their appetites, their preferences, or their consumption, in any of the key ways that mine does, and that this deficit is almost entirely hormonal/genetic.

It's not hard to extrapolate from there to also have some understanding of the science that says non-binary gender is similarly a hormonally/genetically mediated process and nothing at all to do with mental illness.

I think that even if there is some doubt about the validity of this research (I don't think there is), until it is falsified, it's heinous to not accept such people as you would those with any other genetically imposed difference. I'm as straight as it gets and I am happily married. I'm white but I'm not wealthy. I'm fortunate in the physical attribute department, and I have some pretty uncanny luck , if the truth be told. I quit university after 2 years and worked many years in low wage jobs but now in middle age I own my own business. I reek of white privilege. Yet I can empathize with these people and be offended by the attempts to dehumanize them. I think that is because underneath all that stuff I can't take any credit for, there are very real accomplishments in terms of lifetime struggles with mental illness, as well as physical and mental abuse as a young person, PTSD from a near drowning, and other such difficulties.

If you've read this far you're probably thinking, "OK, so what?" Every day on here I see people who either have had none of the difficulties I described and good for them--or having overcome them--lay claim to great successes (and props to them also), likely more so than I will ever see without a more or less instant cure for ADHD, who deny any such empathy for anyone. It's baffling. Is there nothing in their lives for which they take no credit? Anyway, it explains why they're wholly unable to see anything from anyone's point of view but their own. It's their defining characteristic, actually, @Jack V Savage and @Tycho Brah, I don't think you need all that other stuff.

It seems like people are openly and aggressively hostile on the roads in my area.
Speeding, tailgating, cutting lanes, etc.
Wtf.
No cops around,

Crazy weekend here. All began last week when a feral cat fucked up my male cat real good and had to go to the vet. Vet suggests some remedies, among them are trapping the cat. Wife bought a trap a year or two ago, trapped our own cat, and gave up. Since she spent my money on it I was a little annoyed. I tell her we should try again. She says she can figure out how to set the trap, even though she did it before. I say look it up on youtube. She doesn't. Fast forward a couple days and she says the neighbor is gonna trap the cat because he also has another cat that's "his" that he wants to get rid of cause it bit him. I'm annoyed she drug him into it but whatever.

Wife left Friday to visit a friend for the weekend in Hilo. Sweet. Saturday morning she calls, but I'm trying to nap so ignore it. She rings a second time. Still ignore. She rings a third time and I pick up. She asks if our female cat is around. Nope. She says the neighbor seems to have trapped her and dumped her off in this random neighborhood a few miles away and I need to go find her. I call up the neighbor, get the location, and head out with a can of tuna. After an hour of calling for her and placing some tuna about, I'm convinced she left the area.

Wife drives back after making some flyers and wants to search the area herself, convinced the cat's just scared and will eventually come out. Sure. She does, no cat. Apparently at one point she sped through the neighborhood and one of the homeowners she approached bitched about it. He also said to stay off his property, which is where we thought the cat was. Keep in mind the part we were looking on appeared to be a vacant lot. It actually looked like there was another vacant lot between our search area and his house. That's how much space there was.

We decided to give it one last try after dark with a flashlight, thinking it'd be easier to spot the cat's eyes. After about five minutes I'm satisfied. I didn't want to linger too much since this asshole resident sounds like a real prick. So get back on the road and head towards the car. The wife starts working her way nearer to the guy's house. Maybe close to halfway there. :rolleyes: Sure enough, I see a flashlight approaching in the distance, then the sound of him telling her to get the fuck off his property. She walks toward the car and he's following, all the while repeating "How would you like me to come on to your property?", or something to that affect. She says if he was looking for his lost pet she'd help him search. She's starting to get lippy and dude was pretty aggro. I tell her to shut the fuck up and get in the car. He says she better listen before he beats both our asses. She again opens her yap and I again tell her in no uncertain terms to shut up and get in. I'm not getting into a street fight over us trespassing, or any other stupid reason. I had a pretty heavy flashlight in hand, but nothing else. Dude also had a flashlight, so... Later I realized there was a claw-hammer in the car. Regardless, we split as he stood about ten feet behind the vehicle. Couldn't get a good look so not sure how physically imposing he was. But again, we were in the wrong and he was pissed.

So yesterday we did some research on feline homing instincts and decided there was a pretty decent chance she'd find her way home. Not much but open field between that neighborhood and ours. She could avoid crossing the highway by going under in some spots. After that just some cows and goats and open space. After feeling a little better based on what we'd read, we decide to hit the happy hour. One our way home, right before we hit the private drive, the wife spots a puppy on the side of the road. I turn around. Yep. Little white female about 8-10 weeks old. Her tail starts wagging as the wife gets out and scoops her up. She's wearing an adult dog flea collar double wrapped around her neck. We check the web site for lost animals that we posted our cat on. Not there. She deduces from his location, the fleas, and the malnourished state that someone likely abandoned the dog. We bust out the flea comb, flea shampoo, and some peanut butter. Hopefully no flea infestation results. The other dogs don't seem so psyched, but too bad. And yeah, wife says we're keeping her. Got a wellness check with the vet tomorrow at 9am.

tl;dr: Lost a cat, found a puppy.

NqaRQ62.jpg

Guide to buying property in Canada:

Step 1: Be Chinese

Step 2: Repeat Step 1

It seems like people are openly and aggressively hostile on the roads in my area.
Speeding, tailgating, cutting lanes, etc.
Wtf.
No cops around,
LOL try Toronto. Where people come from all over the world and drive like it’s back home. It’s the Wild West over here and we actually have zero enforcement of traffic rules or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back