War Room Lounge v170: I don't read threads by NordicWarrior1888 and ArmedandReadyToStartFiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think IA seems like an okay dude outside the ring, but, good grief, he is a different kind of douche inside of it.

I don't watch fighter interviews, or I wouldn't be able to enjoy the fights so much. It was a pretty one sided fight though. Made Costa look like he didn't belong in there.

I don't watch fighter interviews, or I wouldn't be able to enjoy the fights so much. It was a pretty one sided fight though. Made Costa look like he didn't belong in there.

I didn't see the interview either. I'm talking about the humping and then him taunting the "haters" to the cameras over and over again.

Someone said he's probably a pretty big nerd with poor social skills, and I think that might be accurate.

I didn't see the interview either. I'm talking about the humping and then him taunting the "haters" to the cameras over and over again.

Someone said he's probably a pretty big nerd with poor social skills, and I think that might be accurate.
He’s super into like anime and shit. It’s where his nickname comes from.

It’s weird as when he was coming up he didn’t have the “I’m trying to show off and embarrass people” shtick but now, knowing he’s into anime and other nerd type stuff but he does the humping and shit and whining about “haters” is weird.

Based simply on the headline.

WTF
The law Newsom signed Saturday says officers must ask inmates privately during the intake process if they identify as transgender, nonbinary or intersex. Those inmates can then request to be placed in a facility that houses either men or women.

The law says the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation cannot deny those requests solely because of inmates' anatomy, sexual orientation or “a factor present” among other inmates at the facility.
How many female to male transgenders will volunteer to go to a men's prison, do you think?

How many female to male transgenders will volunteer to go to a men's prison, do you think?
Doubt many.

I get the concept on paper behind it but in practice it seems dangerous

brazil-role-model-wtf1.jpg

Some females might volunteer even without undergoing transitioning.

Cool. On my list. I really liked Fantasyland. On Yglesias' One Billion Americans now.

One thing Yglesias mentions that should be obvious relating to vegetables. You sometimes see people on the left argue that unauthorized immigrants are doing jobs that Americans won't do, while people on the right say that they're undercutting wages and that Americans would do the job for more pay. Neither of those ever sounded convincing to me, and apparently, we have real-world examples (from 1965), and impact was that some crops saw process changes to match volume at the expense of quality and others simply weren't profitable and just weren't harvested and sold. So the actual impact is just a combination of lower-quality vegetables, less variety, and fewer successful businesses with no measurable impact on employment or wages. That's not surprising in the sense that the observations match the theory, but it doesn't occur to people to think of it in those terms. That's probably part of what's behind the observation that MW increases don't have the impact on employment that many people were expecting, though there are other shock absorbers there (that is, it's not just automation or close the business, so the impact will be more spread out but smaller in each direction).

I was going to get around to that as he did interviews with Shapiro and Klein (even though he does a show with Klein already) but might hold off on it for some other stuff first. Isn’t it pretty short?

Hey, @Gandhi
Re: https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161925514/
You were more gracious than I would be there. To me, it shows low intelligence if you can't distinguish between criticism of the Netanyahu government and criticism of people for being Jews and I don't have much patience for that sort of obtuse willingness to set reason aside in favor of excuses for one's biases.

Hey, @Gandhi
Re: https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161925514/
You were more gracious than I would be there. To me, it shows low intelligence if you can't distinguish between criticism of the Netanyahu government and criticism of people for being Jews and I don't have much patience for that sort of obtuse willingness to set reason aside in favor of excuses for one's biases.

LLOL you are right, I was being diplomatic and edited out the word “horseputty” from my original post. Although I dont think its low IQ, its a deliberate choice to engage in propaganda for tribalistic / political reasons (although it is designed to win over the low IQ so I guess you have it correct there). I did say that this type of thinking is why we have the CTs in the first place.

Why is the Nationalist Right Hallucinating a Communist Enemy?
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...CMCTKWSuLWEAAxLWR9wt0jm_OI#Echobox=1601124067

Um... because they are the nationalist right...

Because people have been dumbed down to North Korean level of NPCs and useful idiots.

Joe Biden the radical communist being central to a campaign tells you just how stupid the electorate is. Worse yet, these days the world's knowledge is at everyone's fingertips and this level of ignorance can still prevail. And the grand irony is the incredibly stupid people out there are usually the first to think they're smarter than everyone else, especially people from different countries.

Well, clusterfuck as usual up here. I just want to go out and count some heads but they had some kind of synergy strategy or something for today, which was predictably an anti-synergetic mess, so for the time being I'm getting paid to sit on my asshole.
Update: You're paying me to eat sushi and Korean.

LLOL you are right, I was being diplomatic and edited out the word “horseputty” from my original post. Although I dont think its low IQ, its a deliberate choice to engage in propaganda for tribalistic / political reasons (although it is designed to win over the low IQ so I guess you have it correct there). I did say that this type of thinking is why we have the CTs in the first place.
Yes, I'm with you all the way, and I agree, it's a fair distinction to say the person expressing this view may be just dishonest and not dumb, but the message is directed at the low hanging fruit basket, as it were.

Also, how apropos.
Why is the Nationalist Right Hallucinating a Communist Enemy?
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...CMCTKWSuLWEAAxLWR9wt0jm_OI#Echobox=1601124067

Um... because they are the nationalist right...
I mean, how fucking dumb do you really have to be to believe that idiocy? I really wish there was a way to measure just how much of his support comes from the truly stupid who believe in this stuff, and the people who pretend to because of one self-serving reason or another that accrues to them under Trump, like enabling unfettered graft as long as you're the right kind of guy or gutting organizations like the EPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back