War Room Lounge v169: That toilet I **** to hell? They're going to cut open one of the pipes to see

Thoughts on baby eating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is almost certainly above my understanding given I'm not a lawyer like you two but still as a layman I can see your point. The thing is the conservative supermajority isn't going to stop legislation from the bench, its just making sure that it comes from the right and not left.

I think the gridlock of Congress due to hyperpartisanship has created a kind of hopelessness around actually passing meaningful legislation unless one party has a majority in Congress. Even still it can be hard to get things done due to the factionalism within each party. It seems easier to get Congressman of a party to agree on which judges to appoint to federal posts so instead the parties, especially the GOP, focus on that. It allows them to hedge against future Congressional majorities of the other party by creating the possibility that even if they do pass legislation it can get struck down and creates the possibility that the SCOTUS, if its majority is appointed by your party, will legislate from the bench in favor of your values.

The Dems want big social victories like gay marriage and the recent ruling on sexual orientation/gender identity discrimination protection. GOP want judges that are unwilling to grant such social/cultural victories to the left but also judges willing to gut regulatory legislation. There's probably bipartisan support for judges willing to uphold the excesses of the surveillance state but the GOP tends to be more gung ho about that.

My whole point is getting a conservative supermajority will get us lots of wins on the short term which will make the dems rethink the idea a extremely strong supreme court is a good idea. So down the road the dems are going to join the GOP's in weakening the court

I thought this was a pretty cool article debunking the joo CT and talking about how political correctness can give make topics taboo and create space for CTs to fill the void.

It advocates a simple theory for Jew presence in leadership/intellectual spots of all kinds of movements and fields (in summary they smart because of the demands of history specifically the Middle Ages) vs the more sinister evolutionary and cultural one (they want to dominate as a culture).

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/...e-alt-rights-embrace-of-anti-jewish-ideology/

I would create a thread but think a shit show would ensure also.

Also I think I spotted @Sketch rabble rousing in the background

jewish-4-12-18-2.jpg

Great article.

My fav part:

Andrew Anglin, who runs the most popular alt-right/neo-Nazi website, explains:

The core concept of the movement, upon which all else is based, is that Whites are undergoing an extermination, via mass immigration into White countries which was enabled by a corrosive liberal ideology of White self-hatred, and that the Jews are at the center of this agenda.

Sherfronters are like <mma4>

But the libs "call anyone right of Mao a white nationalist!"

My whole point is getting a conservative supermajority will get us lots of wins on the short term which will make the dems rethink the idea a extremely strong supreme court is a good idea. So down the road the dems are going to join the GOP's in weakening the court

Huh?

But why would the GOP suddenly seek to weaken the Court? For all the illiterate whining about "judicial activism" it has been conservatives that have generally wanted a strong Court to strike down progressive policies. McConnell has spent 25 years weakening the legislature and transferring that policy power to the judiciary, which would kill unions and most importantly stave off campaign finance reform and anti-corruption laws.

The idea that they would cede that unelected political power in a period in which the policies that power upholds are unpopular is silly.

Post WWII Presidents Ranked by Foreign Policy:

1. George H.W. Bush
2. Bill Clinton
3. Barack Obama
4. Harry Truman
5. Gerald Ford
6. John F. Kennedy
7. Richard Nixon
8. Ronald Reagan
9. Dwight Eisenhower
10. Lyndon Johnson
11. Donald Trump
12. George W. Bush

Jimmy carter? Better FP than most on thst list and it wasn’t even great.

1. George H.W. Bush
2. Bill Clinton
3. Barack Obama
4. Harry Truman
5. Gerald Ford
6. John F. Kennedy
7. Richard Nixon
8. Ronald Reagan
9. Dwight Eisenhower
10. Lyndon Johnson
11. Donald Trump
12. George W. Bush
Where Carter

When you guys are having a BLT, do you take out some of the bacon so you can enjoy it in its one true pure form?
My wife laughs at me because every time we have bacon and eggs, I always leave at least a good bite, if not an entire strip, until the last thing on the plate and then I savor it like it is the last one I will ever taste. Because YOLO.

How on earth did you score that bottle?
We finally got around to cleaning out my wife’s grandparents condo since they passed away. Found it hidden away in the corner lol, still in the box and everything. I’ve tried to identify how old it is and seems to be 50’s maybe even 40’s. I think her grandfather bought it either before or after the war when he would have returned from the Japanese internment camps they were put in. Apparently the reason it doesn’t have the aluminum foil around the cap is because all of the aluminium was going towards the war efforts at the time these bottles were made.

Huh?

But why would the GOP suddenly seek to weaken the Court? For all the illiterate whining about "judicial activism" it has been conservatives that have generally wanted a strong Court to strike down progressive policies. McConnell has spent 25 years weakening the legislature and transferring that policy power to the judiciary, which would kill unions and most importantly stave off campaign finance reform and anti-corruption laws.

The idea that they would cede that unelected political power in a period in which the policies that power upholds are unpopular is silly.
Yeah that was what I was going to say. They're going to need a strong court to exert influence since they have a dwindling voter base, hence their relying on gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Yeah that was what I was going to say. They're going to need a strong court to exert influence since they have a dwindling voter base, hence their relying on gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Which are both things that are also enabled by a conservative Court.

Why though? Vegetables are delicious. You really need to work on your palate my dude. You’ve just been cooking them wrong your entire life.

Take some Brussel sprouts and bake them in the oven. They’re delicious. All you need is olive oil salt and pepper.

You’re so accustomed to poorly cooked veggies. That’s why most people don’t like them. They haven’t had them prepared properly in their lives. For years people just boiled or steamed veggies. You need to prepare things better and you’ll enjoy them more.

You ever eat a piece of poorly prepared chicken. It’s sucks. It needs some help to get to that delicious state.
I'm convinced he just does not enjoy the taste of food as much as most people, if his posts about food on here are for real. #NTTAWWT
To wit,
Can I just eat the olive oil and salt?
I feel for you, man. I love almost every kind of food there is and I wouldn't have it any other way. Variety is the spice of life.

1. George H.W. Bush
2. Bill Clinton
3. Barack Obama
4. Harry Truman
5. Gerald Ford
6. John F. Kennedy
7. Richard Nixon
8. Ronald Reagan
9. Dwight Eisenhower
10. Lyndon Johnson
11. Donald Trump
12. George W. Bush

You forgot Carter!

1. Carter
2. Obama
3. Ford
4. HW Bush
5. Clinton
6. Truman
7. Eisenhower
8. Trump
9. LBJ
10. Nixon
11. Reagan
12. W. Bush
13. JFK

I got JFK at the bottom because he's the most responsible for the worst atrocity in the post-WWII era: Vietnam. Add to that the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Bay of Pigs he takes the title.

Dubya takes the silver medal for Iraq. Trump isn't actually THAT hideous because he hasn't started any NEW attacks. His tremendous hostility towards the international community, antagonism towards China, and insistence on isolating the US are his major flaws.

HW Bush's Iraq invasion of Iraq and Panama take him down a few notches.

I'm convinced he just does not enjoy the taste of food as much as most people, if his posts about food on here are for real. #NTTAWWT
To wit,

I feel for you, man. I love almost every kind of food there is and I wouldn't have it any other way. Variety is the spice of life.

I like @Trotsky in fact but the great Eric Ripert said “never trust anyone who doesn’t love food”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back