War Room Lounge v169: That toilet I **** to hell? They're going to cut open one of the pipes to see

Thoughts on baby eating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a pretty cool article debunking the joo CT and talking about how political correctness can give make topics taboo and create space for CTs to fill the void.

It advocates a simple theory for Jew presence in leadership/intellectual spots of all kinds of movements and fields (in summary they smart because of the demands of history specifically the Middle Ages) vs the more sinister evolutionary and cultural one (they want to dominate as a culture).

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/...e-alt-rights-embrace-of-anti-jewish-ideology/

I would create a thread but think a shit show would ensure also.

Also I think I spotted @Sketch rabble rousing in the background

jewish-4-12-18-2.jpg

These are conspiracy theories we've heard before. Im more interested in the left's antisemitism which is far more rampant, out in the open (especially at campuses), and imo dangerous in the long term.

I have a theory that its origins are minority driven, particularly from African American academics, who co-opted their ideas from the 70s black muslim
and nationalist movement and having ever since been pushing their ideas into the mainstream via the university system.

I think when you combine that with the lefts philosophical tendency to rebel against hierarchies (whether artificial or merit based), and reduce structure to power and oppression with racial intersectionality; well, its no wonder antisemitism is growing at such a rampant rate with the left.

Its a recipe for disaster when shit kicks off.

I mean for Ilhan Omar to make the comments she has and get away with it is just mind blowing. But this is a new era of the left... and perhaps Jewish people need to tread carefully and reevaluate their relationship with their old "allies".

Btw- the alt-right is a joke. Its mostly a buncha youngsters who want to be edgy and say shit for shock value.

Someone get a map and make sure this isn't Russia. We can't have potential future candidate for president looking stupid.

This is one of your weaker bothsideisms

Might be the redneck-compatible self-identifier for trannys, non-genderconforming, etc.
A tweener is a face with heel tendencies. Austin during the Attitude Era is a great example.

This is my unpopular thought of the day. Maybe getting a conservative supermajority is going to be good for two reasons. In the short run its great for me personally and in the long run maybe it will make the Court more neutral and less powerful through some type of reform. I find the despair about Ginsburg and the fervor about Barret a little distasteful. The law is supposed to be neutral and it obviously is not. Ginsburg was not a empress or a superwomen. She was a unelected official at the end of the day getting replaced by another unelected official. This culture of deifying Supreme Court Justices is relatively new within the Republic and is against the original intent of the Founders. The Courts should be there to curb the most excessive of government excess. It shouldn't have the power to declare gay marriage legal in defiance of the will of the states or fill in your favorite liberal issue. It shouldn't be able to nullify anything that it isn't given the express power to do so in either the text of the Constitution or other federal law that expressly conveys that power. That is because it should only be given power that it has been expressly given through our democratic process. It has been giving itself more power than it should have by finding in the gray areas in between the laws more power to shape the country for a long time and is growing more willing to do so as time goes by. This has resulted in our elected branches submitting to the courts to readily and the deifying of the Justices. I don't think its healthy and it turned them into demi gods rather than unelected officials. While this is going to be smooth sailing for me for awhile in the long run I don't think that is good for the country. What do you guys think? @Trotsky
This stuff is almost certainly above my understanding given I'm not a lawyer like you two but still as a layman I can see your point. The thing is the conservative supermajority isn't going to stop legislation from the bench, its just making sure that it comes from the right and not left.

I think the gridlock of Congress due to hyperpartisanship has created a kind of hopelessness around actually passing meaningful legislation unless one party has a majority in Congress. Even still it can be hard to get things done due to the factionalism within each party. It seems easier to get Congressman of a party to agree on which judges to appoint to federal posts so instead the parties, especially the GOP, focus on that. It allows them to hedge against future Congressional majorities of the other party by creating the possibility that even if they do pass legislation it can get struck down and creates the possibility that the SCOTUS, if its majority is appointed by your party, will legislate from the bench in favor of your values.

The Dems want big social victories like gay marriage and the recent ruling on sexual orientation/gender identity discrimination protection. GOP want judges that are unwilling to grant such social/cultural victories to the left but also judges willing to gut regulatory legislation. There's probably bipartisan support for judges willing to uphold the excesses of the surveillance state but the GOP tends to be more gung ho about that.

Al Pacino was such a miscast as Jimmy Hoffa.

Why does it annoy you?

Because it inevitably reaches some sort of equivalency between humans and animals.

For example, the arguments against milk producing cows asking "How would you like it if they took your child away so they can use you for your milk?" Yeah, I wouldn't like it much but I'm also a human so my feelings and rights are straight up more valuable than an animal's.

I have no problems with "speciesism." Ethics are human creations and while we should extend some of them to animals, it's silly to extend them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back