War Room Lounge v168: The Un-safest Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregolian

.45 ACP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
And now for something completely different.

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Could a mod (maybe @Lead) help me get the version linked properly?

Last edited:
Jesus fuck, I mis-spelled Lounge.

I'm leaving it.

So to the surprise of absolutely no one, Romney is totes gonna vote for the Supreme Court Justice.
He's due for re-election soon I think. So wouldn't surprise me he's doing this to try and be re-elected. People in Utah aren't too thrilled with the guy.

I am not a gamer. What microsoft did is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I think I've become a little too jaded. My coworker/free drug homie just came by because he feels bad I'm working a double.

He left and calls to tell me the coroner is taking a body away from outside my apartment and that a homeless lady says is heckling the dead body.

Then we proceed to make jokes about how lucky he is lol.

I am not a gamer. What microsoft did is this a good thing or a bad thing?
It depends?... The money will likely help Zenimax and Bethesda with their production and shit. It also has allowed for ES6 the next Elder Scrolls to show up on Game Pass meaning if you have Game Pass you could DL the base game likely for free.

The one thing people worry about though is how MS has used Rare since acquiring them. The games Rare put out after MS acquired them were trash and Rare was known for some bangers like Perfect Dark and Banjo.

It depends?... The money will likely help Zenimax and Bethesda with their production and shit. It also has allowed for ES6 the next Elder Scrolls to show up on Game Pass meaning if you have Game Pass you could DL the base game likely for free.

The one thing people worry about though is how MS has used Rare since acquiring them. The games Rare put out after acquiring Rare were trash and Rare was known for some bangers like Perfect Dark and Banjo.
Doesn't really change anything for Xbox and PC gamers, as those games were going there anyways. But if MS makes them console exclusives, then PS5 owners won't be happy.

@Sickness1

The one thing though is that recently with Game Pass and shit it feels like MS is pushing itself more into being on the front end of helping produce games. Essentially trying to compete with EA and Ubisoft to be a third top end publisher out there so hopefully they stay out of Zenimax and Bethesda's way.

MS's money though also will help Bethesda and Zenimax maybe, finally, put out games without game killing fucking bugs in it.

Doesn't really change anything for Xbox and PC gamers, as those games were going there anyways. But if MS makes them console exclusives, then PS5 owners won't be happy.
I doubt MS will make something like ES a PC/Xbox exclusive. Too much money to be made there.

BUT, MS will now be able to have Bethesda help develop some console exclusive games and they could make certain DLCs for Bethesda games timed exclusives.

Look at what Activision/IW did with the last CoD. There is that horde mode that is a Sony exclusive that comes to Xbox in November... when the next CoD comes out. This deal feels like MS finally trying to fight back against those fucking timed exclusives that Sony has.

Sony has consistently had them with Call of Duty recently... the original Destiny the Hawkmoon which was a damn near game breaking hand cannon was Sony exclusive for 6 months. And even now 3-4 years into the Destiny 2 life cycle there are two strikes and a couple weapons that are just Sony exclusives that Xbox has not and will likely never get to see.

So to the surprise of absolutely no one, Romney is totes gonna vote for the Supreme Court Justice.
Remember growing up hearing about how much Republicans hated judicial activism? This is how their plan will be when they don't win elections.

He's due for re-election soon I think. So wouldn't surprise me he's doing this to try and be re-elected. People in Utah aren't too thrilled with the guy.

Romney also wasn't a Senator when the Garland thing happened so he probably doesn't feel beholden to the fake precedent Mitch set. I wonder if he made a statement at that time.

Romney also wasn't a Senator when the Garland thing happened so he probably doesn't feel beholden to the fake precedent Mitch set. I wonder if he made a statement at that time.
I can't remember honestly.

I know of my friends out here they appreciate what Romney did when he was governor, the Olympics thing helped jump start the economy a bit here but most of them now feel like he just became Senator to get more resume padding to potentially try at the White House again.

I doubt MS will make something like ES a PC/Xbox exclusive. Too much money to be made there.

BUT, MS will now be able to have Bethesda help develop some console exclusive games and they could make certain DLCs for Bethesda games timed exclusives.

Look at what Activision/IW did with the last CoD. There is that horde mode that is a Sony exclusive that comes to Xbox in November... when the next CoD comes out. This deal feels like MS finally trying to fight back against those fucking timed exclusives that Sony has.

Sony has consistently had them with Call of Duty recently... the original Destiny the Hawkmoon which was a damn near game breaking hand cannon was Sony exclusive for 6 months. And even now 3-4 years into the Destiny 2 life cycle there are two strikes and a couple weapons that are just Sony exclusives that Xbox has not and will likely never get to see.
Yeah, when I read Sony's game developer mention about how most of their games cost upward of $100 million to produce, they were sort of saying that console exclusives aren't as viable anymore. To shut out 2 or 3 different revenue avenues doesn't make sense anymore, which is probably why they are starting to put Sony games on the PC.

Either way, I'm sure it's a big blow to their ego, knowing that no matter what, MS will be getting a cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back