War Room Lounge v161: Shoot her in good conscience.... she had a long run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers to @Cajun for the thread title

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Bollocks , I was cut off mid post

The whole Luka Doncic thing made me look up Slovenia on Wiki. Much richer country than I would have guessed.

Appears the average Slovenian has higher GDP per capita than the average african-american in the U.S.A. does. And on purchasing power parity the Slovenians are even better off.

the whole racial slur with power dynamic must get quite interesting with many layers when it comes to minorities calling each other names, and in the LDGBTQ2+ community, if like a L calls a T a F@G, is it a slur cuz Ls are less oppressed than Ts? And how do the 2's compare to the B's?

If Dirk Nowitzki called Doncic the same, would it be a slur because of how Germany violated all sorts of Slavs back in the day? But then, what if Dirk was half German and half Slovenian?

Feels like the best solution is to simply not point out one's skin color or heritage or orientation when insulting them.

There's a Tito & Chuck 30 for 30?

Why?

1. Neither of the first two fights were remotely competitive
2. The third fight was completely meaningless
3. Chuck is boring and Tito is one of the most unlikable, annoying, and dumb humans ever

I mean, I guess it was the first rivalry that was popular in the US mainstream. Now that I think of it, though, there really hasn't been any truly great MMA rivalries like the great ones in boxing like Ali/Frazier or Pac/JMM

There's a Tito & Chuck 30 for 30?

Why?

1. Neither of the first two fights were remotely competitive
2. The third fight was completely meaningless
3. Chuck is boring and Tito is one of the most unlikable, annoying, and dumb humans ever

I mean, I guess it was the first rivalry that was popular in the US mainstream. Now that I think of it, though, there really hasn't been any truly great MMA rivalries like the great ones in boxing like Ali/Frazier or Pac/JMM
Penn had some good rivalries with Hughes and GSP. But again, then you’ve got a boring guy and a couple douches. And I say that as someone who loves Hughes and Penn.

Jones and Cormier. And again... lol

The whole Luka Doncic thing made me look up Slovenia on Wiki. Much richer country than I would have guessed.

Appears the average Slovenian has higher GDP per capita than the average african-american in the U.S.A. does. And on purchasing power parity the Slovenians are even better off.

the whole racial slur with power dynamic must get quite interesting with many layers when it comes to minorities calling each other names, and in the LDGBTQ2+ community, if like a L calls a T a F@G, is it a slur cuz Ls are less oppressed than Ts? And how do the 2's compare to the B's?

If Dirk Nowitzki called Doncic the same, would it be a slur because of how Germany violated all sorts of Slavs back in the day? But then, what if Dirk was half German and half Slovenian?

Feels like the best solution is to simply not point out one's skin color or heritage or orientation when insulting them.

Calling anyone that is a slur, but I'm not sure it lands that heavily since the slur is primarily used to refer to a gay man, not a transgender man. However, yes, if a gay man calls a transgender man a He-She, it's just as much of a slur as if a straight man says it.

I don't think the power dynamic is as relevant as the historical usage. A German white guy calling a Slovenian white guy a "white boy" doesn't represent or entail any historical dehumanization. They're both white. But him calling Doncic a slur for Slavs wouldn't be any less offensive just because Dirk is closer to him in complexion than a black guy: and it might in fact be more offensive if there's a history of Germans using the term to disparage Slavs but there isn't such a history for African Americans.

Anyways, the equation of "white boy" to the N-word was always silly. A closer comparison would be h***y. "White boy" was never really a hateful term, and it actually seems to have become most common in "post-racial" popular culture in depictions of white guys participating in or trying to emulate black culture (like Malibu's Most Wanted or White Men Can't Jump).

Penn had some good rivalries with Hughes and GSP. But again, then you’ve got a boring guy and a couple douches. And I say that as someone who loves Hughes and Penn.

Jones and Cormier. And again... lol

Yeah, those are the guys I thought of too. But, even with their personalities (Penn and GSP have some charisma), the fight quality isn't there since GSP routed Hughes in their second and third fights and routed Penn in their second. You need some back and forth between the second and third fights imo. So the Penn / Hughes one is the best.

Best ones in terms of fight quality and personalities imo:

Frank Shamrock / Bas Rutten
BJ Penn / Matt Hughes
Sakuraba / Gracie Family

Yeah, those are the guys I thought of too. But, even with their personalities (Penn and GSP have some charisma), the fight quality isn't there since GSP routed Hughes in their second and third fights and routed Penn in their second. You need some back and forth between the second and third fights imo. So the Penn / Hughes one is the best.

Best ones in terms of fight quality and personalities imo:

Frank Shamrock / Bas Rutten
BJ Penn / Matt Hughes
Sakuraba / Gracie Family

Hughes/Trigg

Kinda to your point

I have 2 choices. I either read Limbo Petes spoiler alert which is extremelly long or i eat these delicious quesadillas i just made and watch community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back