War Room Lounge v154: People don't realize how many people had to die just for the eight hour day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheer to @AgonyandIrony for the thread title.

It's not even funny, it's just starkly fucking true.

v148
v149
v150
v151
v152
v153

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

I have all of the best words. Words are this thing, they tell you things, lots of things, and some people have the words, and other people you know, they don't have them. Don't have them. They can't just give them to you, you have to earn them. People give me words, they give them to me constantly. People give me lots of things. People are very giving and that's really what this is all about. When you think of all the words, and all the people, and all the things and the giving, it's really amazing and we're seeing wonderful unprecedented things happen there. Okay last question, you, no not you you're a loser, the other one, yes you...

I have the words.

Person, woman, man, camera, TV. This is brain.

PEe1.gif

Lol I clicked on the link of the orchestrator of the massacre and he was described as a philanthropist.
That's American history for you lol.
1*RoVErZmlx5g6nNkKXzyxEA.jpeg

A detail from the June, 1914 issue of The Masses depicts a coal miner firing on Colorado National Guardsmen after his wife and children were killed in a massacre at their tent camp. Drawing by John Sloan. (Library of Congress)

The homie Woody Guthrie wrote a song about the massacre and the revenge the miners got.

The state soldiers jumped us in a wire fence corner
They did not know that we had these guns
And the redneck miners mowed down them troopers
You should have seen those poor boys run
We took some cement and walled that cave up
Where you killed those thirteen children inside
I said, "God bless the Mine Workers' Union
And I hung my head and cried
<5>
<DCrying>

The funny part is the Colorado National Guard learned the age old lesson of "fuck around and find out" when it comes to murdering the children of immigrants who come from war torn countries lol. Those dudes could fight. The Guardsmen and their rich homies thought they were safe when the Unionmen descended on their camp in revenge and by God they got it.

This of course was no small incidence, throughout that era worker suppression by the police, deputized mining guards, and the National Guard was spread to all parts of the US and extremely brutal. Check out poor Frank Little. Another great Okie.
640.jpg

For his role as a union organizer he was tied to the bumper of a car, and dragged behind it until his knees were completely scraped off. They lynched him for the crime of standing up for the working man, and all throughout American history that crime has been most severe in the eyes of the US government.

I suppose in a way, it is fitting that the son of the cruel racist man that great ol' Okie Guthrie wrote about, is now president of the USA.
I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
He stirred up
In the bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Here at his Beach Haven family project[
Guess the year this was written? History sure is neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back