War Room Lounge v153: Without Floyd it's an amazing sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lead Americans are seriously so fucking fat tho. ''Hey r/bjj I'm 5'8 and 340 lbs, what size gi should I get?''

Gastric bypass. You should get gastric bypass.

How are american BJJ schools not plagued with obese people having heart attacks and strokes on the mats?

Yea, Im somewhat surprised how some really overweight people join in. If I got to the weight they were at, I don’t think I could roll at all as id feel like I was dying. What’s more surprising is how I see some of them stick to it yet never lose any weight as a result. There’s only one person I’ve seen that’s gone from pretty obese to super skinny from BJJ. He would push himself hard though on open mats and I was always surprised how he wouldn’t slow down with the amount of weight he was carrying. It paid off for him.

Yea, Im somewhat surprised how some really overweight people join in. If I got to the weight they were at, I don’t think I could roll at all as id feel like I was dying. What’s more surprising is how I see some of them stick to it yet never lose any weight as a result. There’s only one person I’ve seen that’s gone from pretty obese to super skinny from BJJ. He would push himself hard though on open mats and I was always surprised how he wouldn’t slow down with the amount of weight he was carrying. It paid off for him.
It's better to be fat and fit than thin and unfit. Good for them.

I wouldn’t say he was fit when he was overweight. He just seemed determined to lose the weight and as a result, he wouldn’t slow down during his open mat rolls. It paid off for him.

Rolling up to no gi like

14540856-7119445-Speaking_on_the_Richard_Herring_RHLSTP_podcast_the_comic_45_expl-m-12_1560012910131.jpg

I wouldn’t say he was fit when he was overweight. He just seemed determined to lose the weight and as a result, he wouldn’t slow down during his open mat rolls. It paid off for him.
I was principally referring to this part: "What’s more surprising is how I see some of them stick to it yet never lose any weight as a result."
There are lots of reasons someone could do lots of exercise and be fit, yet not lose weight.

I was principally referring to this part: "What’s more surprising is how I see some of them stick to it yet never lose any weight as a result."
There are lots of reasons someone could do lots of exercise and be fit, yet not lose weight.

Yeah, like sumo wrestlers.

I suppose. I wouldn’t call those guys fit. The weight does seem to be a negative for them outside of maybe smothering a white belt. That is a shitty situation to be in though exercising like that with a high barrier to lose anything.

How about you PM me your phone number. Should the day come when I care about what a canadian teenager thinks about me, I'll give you a ring.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

This 30 year old CANadian teenager has a plat and you don’t.
<Fedor23>

Is that even released yet? Seems like a $45 alpha from what I've gathered on the web site.
It’s not. AngryJoe is a founder and he was saying in his news show this week that if it doesn’t release out of a Alpha in like two years he’s likely going to be calling it a scam.

I suppose. I wouldn’t call those guys fit. The weight does seem to be a negative for them outside of maybe smothering a white belt. That is a shitty situation to be in though exercising like that with a high barrier to lose anything.
Why do you get to call them unfit? Just breaking balls here but,
Yeah, like sumo wrestlers.
Yeah, like sumo wrestlers, there are plenty of fat people that exercise a lot and they tend not to show the negative health effects of obesity you see in sedentary people of any BMI.

Of course having extra weight you don't need is an encumbrance but it doesn't mean they're unhealthy. Just sayin'.

So, this seems interesting:
NSA warns that mobile device location services constantly compromise snoops and soldiers
It might be best not to ask how the NSA knows this and why it advises most mitigations don’t help

"The document also warns: “Location data from a mobile device can be obtained even without provider cooperation. These devices transmit identifying information when connecting to cellular networks. Commercially available rogue base stations allow anyone in the local area to inexpensively and easily obtain real-time location data and track targets.”

While acknowledging that most devices offer settings to reduce location-tracking, the guide says “Mitigations reduce, but do not eliminate, location tracking risks in mobile devices. Most users rely on features disabled by such mitigations, making such safeguards impractical.”"

While I appreciate the endorsement, there's no way they'd allow it. My use of the ban-hammer would make Thor blush.

Although I'd like to think that having a 2005 join date; having never been carded; and never once reported another poster; if anyone deserves a complementary Plat account, it would be me.

I have repeatedly been carded, but all of them have been overturned <seedat>

Why do you get to call them unfit? Just breaking balls here but, Yeah, like sumo wrestlers, there are plenty of fat people that exercise a lot and they tend not to show the negative health effects of obesity you see in sedentary people of any BMI.

Of course having extra weight you don't need is an encumbrance but it doesn't mean they're unhealthy. Just sayin'.

So let's say you have two randomly selected people, one has a body fat percentage of 15, and the other has a body fat percentage of 30, which do you think will more likely have weight related health comorbidities?

wait I thought you were really fat just recently ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back