War Room Lounge v141: The Death of a Donut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's probably for the screen then so they don't have to make the shots be 8 feet away.

For sure there is some trickery going on, whether it's your eyes or the set, or whatever. Guy is crazy big, and would've kept growing like "Andre The Giant" if he didn't get surgery and therapy to nullify that syndrome. Andre just had a mindset that he would go out the way he was made. Big Show decided that he didn't want to die in his 40's.

@Falsedawn @BarryDillon Did you guys know The Big Show is starring in a Netflix sitcom called The Big Show Show?

It looks really, really bad. But the kind of bad where it could pull huge ratings on CBS.

Also there's no way he's 7'0. From the trailer it looks like he's 6'9 tops. But I guess they could be making him appear smaller to fit into the shots.

Yes I know about it. It's garbage.

I see you are a man with some decent likes too. Imagine being like @Falsedawn with only 1100

IgDgJz7.png

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Not a fan of the concept, personally, but it's very well done. The movie for that comic was terrible, though.

The movie was awful and I don't know who came up with the concept. DC is usually on point with their animated stuff. The target audience was obviously NOT people who had read the comic.

I think, if you skip the first 10-15 minutes, it was very well done in regards to being true to the source.

It's a very nice tattoo. Those glasses on the other hand...

These are my inside glasses, bud. Don't be a hater. Ray Bans baby.

I need glasses for inside and outside due to my eye problems. It didn't occur to me that I should put on my better glasses for a tattoo picture.

The movie was awful and I don't know who came up with the concept. DC is usually on point with their animated stuff. The target audience was obviously NOT people who had read the comic.

Other than the stuff that wasn't in the comic at the beginning, it was fine. There is just something that gets lost in translation, when you take a comic and adapt it verbatim to the screen. It doesn't have the same effect. "Batman: Year One" fell flat for me all the same, as did others with a similar template.

"Watchmen" also felt a little hollow, because all it did was re-create the comic for the most part. A fine companion piece, but as an original work, it's just an imitation.

Other than the stuff that wasn't in the comic at the beginning, it was fine. There is just something that gets lost in translation, when you take a comic and adapt it verbatim to the screen. It doesn't have the same effect. "Batman: Year One" fell flat for me all the same, as did others with a similar template.

"Watchmen" also felt a little hollow, because all it did was re-create the comic for the most part. A fine companion piece, but as an original work, it's just an imitation.

I suppose that's a fair criticism. But DC deciding to throw in a weird romance plot was misguided.

I know the idea was to add weight to the Barbara situation for people who didn't understand the dynamic, but it truly missed the mark.

I suppose that's a fair criticism. But DC deciding to throw in a weird romance plot was misguided.

I know the idea was to add weight to the Barbara situation for people who didn't understand the dynamic, but it truly missed the mark.

Yeah, that part was ridiculous and totally unnecessary. The only reason they did it, was because they figured out that "The Killing Joke" was a pretty goddamn short comic, and they had to pad it with something.

Overall though, the whole thing of adapting comics to the screen in such a page by page manner, is kind of pointless. It always rings hollow to me. Only exception being "Sin City", as I thought they did it right. Can't really explain it, but the casting and direction was just so spot on, that it really did bring the comics to life. Might've helped that the comics themselves were a little lifeless to begin with.

I think, if you skip the first 10-15 minutes, it was very well done in regards to being true to the source.

These are my inside glasses, bud. Don't be a hater. Ray Bans baby.

I need glasses for inside and outside due to my eye problems. It didn't occur to me that I should put on my better glasses for a tattoo picture.

TBH, I didn't even like the subject material. The failed standup comedian backstory for the Joker is super lame imo. They did the best that they could with it in the movie with Joaquin Phoenix. I don't know whether Heather Ledger's incredible depiction just soured me on all other versions or if I just grew out of finding them interesting. My favorite after his is the BTAS version, especially in Mask of the Phantasm.

TBH, I didn't even like the subject material. The failed standup comedian backstory for the Joker is super lame imo. They did the best that they could with it in the movie with Joaquin Phoenix. I don't know whether Heather Ledger's incredible depiction just soured me on all other versions or if I just grew out of finding them interesting. My favorite after his is the BTAS version, especially in Mask of the Phantasm.
The Joker is just not a very interesting character.

I watched an episode. It is every sitcom ever except the Big Show is bigger than the rest of the tv dads.

It is like Chuck Lorre could have made it for cbs once he was done beating Big Bang Theory to death.
The only problem I ever had with that show from start to finish was all those nerds getting laid by hot women all the time yet they never ceased whining about what geeks they were and how they never got laid. I still liked it later in the series.

I actually love The Killing Joke. It's meant as a standalone but set up the Oracle character. It's very well written (and the Joker bits are unreliable narration), and the ambiguous ending really sells.

I know there are some dudes with a weird aversion to tattoos, but he's some color work I had done today:

20200708-220459.jpg

the college girl down the road has the same tattoo. very nice.

Joker tends to suck on film, but there is a ton of great material in comics.
He’d he better if he would compulsively make jokes instead of doing the evil laugh with make up thing, which is not very scary.

He’d he better if he would compulsively make jokes instead of doing the evil laugh with make up thing, which is not very scary.

In the comics, he is quite the quip master. The laughter is meant to be interpreted as genuine, not "evil". It's only evil in the context of what he's laughing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back