War Room Lounge v114: Now I really want a Cinnabon. Thanks a--hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Cade, life's going to give him a beating. How come people without empathy seem to never understand Darwinism?
ol cathy got the short straw, an asshole for a son and a moron for a husband.

Bernie officially dropping out

I think he wanted to extend it just so he could get more debates and push certain issues on the party. The virus makes that a little hard to justify imo because it encourages people to keep voting in their primaries. I known states have delayed some of them but he knows he wasn’t getting the nom at this point and the media attention for it had died.

No worries, you now have the most electable guy who is also very very vulnerable please treat him with kiddie gloves or Trump is your fault!

No worries, you now have the most electable guy who is also very very vulnerable please treat him with kiddie gloves or Trump is your fault!

92362868_10216106402403403_977031607309303808_n.jpg

They're shipping me a new laptop. Looks like I'm getting a vacation until it gets here.

What is it with you Americans and incoherent presidents? Bush, Trump, and now either Biden or Trump again? You're giving us arrogant and unpleasant Europeans a lot of ammunition to mock you with.

I posted in the appropriate thread yesterday but one of the guys in my section tested positive for COVID-19 and so did his live in girlfriend who is an ER nurse. Sucks, but luckily both are young and healthy so hopefully they’ll be fine.

I posted in the appropriate thread yesterday but one of the guys in my section tested positive for COVID-19 and so did his live in girlfriend who is an ER nurse. Sucks, but luckily both are young and healthy so hopefully they’ll be fine.
Yeah, I hope so too. How accurate are these tests btw?

What is it with you Americans and incoherent presidents? Bush, Trump, and now either Biden or Trump again? You're giving us arrogant and unpleasant Europeans a lot of ammunition to mock you with.
I think the argument with Bush and Biden was that they’ll surround themselves with great people because of their connections. Which I never found too convincing.

With Trump we already know the turnover in his administration is unprecedented and insane. No idea there tbh.

It is baffling and sad.

Yeah, I hope so too. How accurate are these tests btw?
Idk I’m a dumb cop not a scientist or doctor tonni! But his ass is quarantined and I support that measure, that’s all I know.

I swear, one of the attorneys I works with either doesn't listen to me or he just doesn't care.

I've told them numerous times since they transferred from the Family Care unit (DV cases and paternity cases) to juvenile that the State DOES NOT file the Orders to Show Cause, probation does...

He's still insisting that we file them..... ugh.

Pretty wild comparison. From "I'll talk to you afterwards" to "back in the old days they would be carried out on a stretcher"

Those could be fighting words depending on his tone. Obama was an amazing speaker though. It's funny how his "gaffs" compilation are just him saying "uhm" basically. In comparison to Trump, Bush and Biden? There's no competition.

Idk I’m a dumb cop not a scientist or doctor tonni! But his ass is quarantined and I support that measure, that’s all I know.
I thought that's what cops did, arrest people, eat donuts, analyse the latest scientific research concerning covid-19 testing...

I think the argument with Bush and Biden was that they’ll surround themselves with great people because of their connections. Which I never found too convincing.

With Trump we already know the turnover in his administration is unprecedented and insane. No idea there tbh.

It is baffling and sad.
Sometimes I think people want to be ruled by despotes.

I swear, one of the attorneys I works with either doesn't listen to me or he just doesn't care.

I've told them numerous times since they transferred from the Family Care unit (DV cases and paternity cases) to juvenile that the State DOES NOT file the Orders to Show Cause, probation does...

He's still insisting that we file them..... ugh.
Here's a rule I have: if I'm doubting people are doing something stupid on purpose, I'll just assume they are. It's usually correct. It's kind of the opposite of the "don't attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity" expression. I mean, I think in general people are dumber than they are evil, but when dealing with people who are like the person you're describing, I don't want to waste too much time explaining and sympathizing, just cut straight to the solution whatever it may be.

@Gregolian Mostly or only in cases where you have a gut feeling the person is just trying to be annoying, though. People do make mistakes, but if your instincts are telling you this guy is doing it on purpose just go with that.

@Gregolian Mostly or only in cases where you have a gut feeling the person is just trying to be annoying, though. People do make mistakes, but if your instincts are telling you this guy is doing it on purpose just go with that.
I think he's just set in the mindset of working in a semi family law place, forgetting that probation is a third actor in the Courtroom for juvenile proceedings that can file requests and proposed orders as well. He only transferred to the department I am in starting in January after 2 years in the family protection unit.

I'm going to email our department head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back