War Room Lounge v111: Err...I didn't mean to turn this into another thread about trouser lumber.

Pretzels or Saltines?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Twist: It was always a thread about trouser lumber

Cheers to @Ruprecht and @Sycho Sid for the thread title

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Onward is my new favorite animated Disney flick. It was a good run, original version of Aladdin, but this movie is just too awesome.

Onward is my new favorite animated Disney flick. It was a good run, original version of Aladdin, but this movie is just too awesome.

Are you being serious? I'm looking for something good to watch with my 10 year old.

Anyone see the film "her". Pretty weird but I enjoyed it. A lot of absurdity to laugh at and felt unique.

Pet sematary remake wasnt so bad...

I actually ended up watching what I believe is the third remake of Dr. Doolittle last week. The one with RDJ. It wasn't as bad as the reviews would have you believe. Decent, fast-moving kids fare. Just the fact that it wasn't a musical gets it a thumbs up from me.

I'm trying to listen to Trump's press conference.

How the hell does anyone follow this?

Are you being serious? I'm looking for something good to watch with my 10 year old.
Absolutely.

Granted, given the theme, there was no way I wasn’t going to like this movie. It’s like a reverse A Spell For Chameleon, in that it’s a magical world turned mundane by technology. And there’s a very D&D like game one of the main character plays which is basically the lore of the world, not really a fantasy. Plus that dude is an elf that drives van with a Pegasus painted on the side while blasting heavy metal. I also love the message for my two girls. I can’t say much more without giving away cool stuff, but you get the idea.

My top 5 are probably:
Onward
Aladdin (nostalgia factors in a lot)
Coco
Moana
The Jungle Book or Lilo and Stitch

I'm trying to listen to Trump's press conference.

How the hell does anyone follow this?

One would be better off just reading a transcript of the questions by journalists. Trump's answers are worthless.

One would be better off just reading a transcript of the questions by journalists. Trump's answers are worthless.
I should have stopped listening when he said to bail out the cruise lines

Anyone see the film "her". Pretty weird but I enjoyed it. A lot of absurdity to laugh at and felt unique.
The one with ScarJo and Joaquin Phoenix? If so then yeah and I loved the movie. Wasn't crazy about ScarJo as the AI but could've been worse and Phoenix carried the film.
Absolutely.

Granted, given the theme, there was no way I wasn’t going to like this movie. It’s like a reverse A Spell For Chameleon, in that it’s a magical world turned mundane by technology. And there’s a very D&D like game one of the main character plays which is basically the lore of the world, not really a fantasy. Plus that dude is an elf that drives van with a Pegasus painted on the side while blasting heavy metal. I also love the message for my two girls. I can’t say much more without giving away cool stuff, but you get the idea.

My top 5 are probably:
Onward
Aladdin (nostalgia factors in a lot)
Coco
Moana
The Jungle Book or Lilo and Stitch
As a kid I loved Aladdin because of the Oriental aesthetic but then I rewatched it and kinda hated it for the rampant Orientalism of the film. Still, I vastly prefer pre-9/11 Orientalism over post-9/11 Orientalism.

The one with ScarJo and Joaquin Phoenix? If so then yeah and I loved the movie. Wasn't crazy about ScarJo as the AI but could've been worse and Phoenix carried the film.

As a kid I loved Aladdin because of the Oriental aesthetic but then I rewatched it and kinda hated it for the rampant Orientalism of the film. Still, I vastly prefer pre-9/11 Orientalism over post-9/11 Orientalism.

Yea, that one. It was a good performance by Phoenix. Haven’t really had time to look into the themes and purpose intended for it but the initial watch was great. Wish there were more films like it.

Yea, that one. It was a good performance by Phoenix. Haven’t really had time to look into the themes and purpose intended for it but the initial watch was great. Wish there were more films like it.
I've seen two other films directed by Spike Jonze, Being John Malkovich and Adaptation, and both are incredibly memorable and unique films.

I've seen two other films directed by Spike Jonze, Being John Malkovich and Adaptation, and both are incredibly memorable and unique films.

I’ll probably check these out. It’s been awhile since I’ve followed a directors works. I’ve fallen off watching movies for the most part so it’s nice when I invest 2 hours in one and it pays off

I should have stopped listening when he said to bail out the cruise lines

Lol that moron doesn't even realize that the actual ship personnel are mostly foreign workers. Ya know, the ones he hates.

I’ll probably check these out. It’s been awhile since I’ve followed a directors works. I’ve fallen off watching movies for the most part so it’s nice when I invest 2 hours in one and it pays off
If you like Nic Cage and Meryl Streep then definitely check out Adaptation. More of a Malkovich and Cameron Diaz fan then try Being John Malkovich. I personally prefer Adaptation, such a weird film with such an odd pay off but man I couldn't stop thinking about it when I first saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back