War Room Lounge v101: Strike swiftly like a gravy cobra and then retreat into the shrubbery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The director is great, and it just won Best Screenplay. The use of color is really on point. But the kid Nazis steal the show, Sam Rockwell is amazing in it too.

It's really high on my must see list.

I figured he was just making a douchey comment there and didn't actually do that.

It would make sense to me, though, if he was making those arguments in the context of a more liberal society where sex work is in the open. In Cuba, for instance, it's a destigmatized sort of thing (no, I have never partaken) and the vast majority of women are voluntary workers. But prostitution in the US, especially in the internet age, is definitely saturated with trafficking and as much is documented every time there's one of those BackPage busts.
49bd979f1e87c01f82fefc32adfd0f77_w200.gif

I mean, as a page title it's not particularly search engine-friendly. The cross section of Nazism and kid-fucking is probably more of a dark web thing.
How about,
Who has been fucked harder in the ass during the last 2 primaries, Biden or Buttigieg?

It's really high on my must see list.

This "review" of it always cracks me up.

"It seemed like it was well written and made, but I lost interest when I discovered the plot centered around a jew girl being hidden in the attic, skipped forward through the rest of the movie. It is definitely more of a drama than a comedy. Though well-executed, it's another coming of age in Nazi Germany story and finding a Jew in hiding/captivity movie. It's weird that this has kind of become a genre unto itself, though I guess that's not fair, it's kind of like a sub-genre of the Concentration camp movie. Off the top of my head I can think of "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" and "Life is Wonderful" as previous entries to the genre. It's definitely a genre you need to know you're going into to enjoy, oitherwise you'll likely wind up skipping around like I did.

If you go into this thinking it's going to be a comedy (which seems like a safe assumption from the trailers) then you're going to be surprised, and maybe a bit disappointed, when you discover it's a drama. I went back and watched the trailer again after posting this, it's very clear from the trailer there's a hidden Jew in the story, never made an impression on me before or it'd just been so long between seeing the trailer and watching the movie... I dunno, it felt like a rehash of previous plot devices to me, but at the same time, well-written and executed if you're in the mood for that kind of movie."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back