War Room Lounge v101: Strike swiftly like a gravy cobra and then retreat into the shrubbery

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are days where I can mimic Peterson's voice pretty fucking good haha
I bet you could pull off a mean rendition of “The Rainbow Connection” on those days.

What has he done to be considered so awful that developing an addiction, on top of some other disease he has, and his wife having cancer aren’t worthy of sympathy or empathy?

I never said any of that. I said he strikes me as quite an awful person. Is he not awful because he loves klonopin and his wife had cancer?

Curious about this myself , I find him extremely tiresome but that's about it .

I don’t really understand his appeal for lectures. He will talk in circles about the most basic thing and after ten minutes end with “and that’s why you have to tie your shoes” and the crowd all claps like something amazing was said. I dont mind when he’s having a conversation with someone but when left to himself, it is pretty boring.

I don’t really understand his appeal for lectures. He will talk in circles about the most basic thing and after ten minutes end with “and that’s why you have to tie your shoes” and the crowd all claps like something amazing was said. I dont mind when he’s having a conversation with someone but when left to himself, it is pretty boring.
I listened to him speak on climate change , he rambled on for a bit and then finished up by saying that even if we make all these changes , in 40 years we won't be able to measure if the changes had any positive effect so why do anything .

That's some effed up " logic " imo.

I never said any of that. I said he strikes me as quite an awful person. Is he not awful because he loves klonopin and his wife had cancer?
You replied affirmatively to my post, so it was fair to assume you agreed with these sentiments, I was giving you an opportunity to clarify your statement,which you have.

edit: or have you? Do you believe he is unworthy of empathy for having multiple diseases and a cancer stricken wife due to the reasons you feel he is an awful person, or not?

Last edited:
I listened to him speak on climate change , he rambled on for a bit and then finished up by saying that even if we make all these changes , in 40 years we won't be able to measure if the changes had any positive effect so why do anything .

I can see an argument for any political issue being that we don't have enough information to address something but if the final conclusion of that is just to do nothing and the party agrees it's a problem that needs solving, that is pretty poor logic. I haven't heard him talk politics in awhile but nothing memorable has stood out. Its funny because him and Harris were frequently mentioned on here for a long time and they both seem to be fading away from whatever spotlight they had. Sam has pretty much killed his podcast by only offering the first half to non-members.

Weird, I edited a post and it had a baby

When he takes all his money and starts using it to help people other than himself with addictions I'll start to have some sympathy. Mean time, he can look to Patreon for solace.
So the only people suffering from addictions who deserve sympathy are those who help others suffering from addiction?

First off that's pretty ridiculous as people suffering from addiction are often not in any position to help anyone, even themselves. Second he is a clinical psychologist so he probably has helped people with such issues through out his career.

So yeah, silly reason to dismiss his plight. If you don't care and can't muster sympathy maybe at least don't be a cunt about it.
What has he done to be considered so awful that developing an addiction, on top of some other disease he has, and his wife having cancer aren’t worthy of sympathy or empathy?
Curious about this myself , I find him extremely tiresome but that's about it .
Unlike Rush's case it really is because he has the wrong opinions. I won't deny he's polarizing but he gets piled on way too harshly given what he's actually said, its really not outside the norm for public intellectuals especially nowadays
I've always said his best work is the stuff he put out there before becoming famous. When he got into the spotlight he quickly got sorted to the right by the media landscape which quickly shaped his audience and once it took shape it calcified and he ended up pandering to them to sustain his more public career.

When you're a professor, you've got a captive audience. Those students have to listen to you whether they like what you say or not because they need the credits and hopefully because they also want to learn. But when you are selling tickets on a speaking tour you don't want to tell the audience something that might hurt the ticket sales of your next appearances or your Patreon numbers or your book sales and so on. One of the insidious effects that the profit motive has on public discourse.

Last edited:
People tell me you're somewhat intelligent so I credit you with having less shallow thinking than you demonstrate with that post. If they're wrong let me know and I will change my comment.

Who told you that?

He told people to clean their rooms. That's enough to piss off at least half the population.

I can see an argument for any political issue being that we don't have enough information to address something but if the final conclusion of that is just to do nothing and the party agrees it's a problem that needs solving, that is pretty poor logic. I haven't heard him talk politics in awhile but nothing memorable has stood out. Its funny because him and Harris were frequently mentioned on here for a long time and they both seem to be fading away from whatever spotlight they had. Sam has pretty much killed his podcast by only offering the first half to non-members.
Used to religiously follow Sam's podcast back in my murtad phase but even before moving past that I grew bored of it. He used to relentlessly beg for money even back then, not surprised he made that poor choice.
You replied affirmatively to my post, so it was fair to assume you agreed with these sentiments, I was giving you an opportunity to clarify your statement,which you have.

edit: or have you? Do you believe he is unworthy of empathy for having multiple diseases and a cancer stricken wife due to the reasons you feel he is an awful person, or not?
People hate Peterson for a similar reason that Bernie gets hate; his online fans. So the hate for their fans gets transferred to them since its assumed they are complicit in the ugliness of their online fans. Notice that they are even framed the same way, as misogynists bros though I think there's a lot more truth to that as it applies to Peterson fans when compared to the Bernie bros where I think its mostly bullshit.

So the only people suffering from addictions who deserve sympathy are those who help others suffering from addiction?

First off that's pretty ridiculous as people suffering from addiction are often not in any position to help anyone, even themselves. Second he is a clinical psychologist so he probably has helped people with such issues through out his career.

I don't know the extent of it, but he's mentioned having patients that he's walked through addiction / fears with his background. He has a background of doing that so even the point he hasn't helped those with addiction falls a bit flat.

He panders. Calls it, "surfing the wave".

How about him telling all of his loser followers to, if they encounter someone who says they are a Marxist, punch them in the face as hard as they can?

And this is from some weepy pussy who has clearly never been in a fight and gets KTFO for a month by apple juice.

I don't know the extent of it, but he's mentioned having patients that he's walked through addiction / fears with his background. He has a background of doing that so even the point he hasn't helped those with addiction falls a bit flat.
Its a made up reason to hate on Peterson because people, generally leftists, don't like what he seems to stand for based on who is audience is. Can't entirely blame them since his audience is toxic but I think he gets a lot of undeserved hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back