Social War Room Awards Thread 2021: Locking It Back Down. (The Results Are In.)

I'm not super active in here but wanted to contribute just to one category.

Best poster is a tie between @Jackie Blue (who doesn't post enough in WR anymore) and @second sight for his amazing work in the bamboo ballots thread.

Okay two categories. Worst poster I don't want to tag and upset him, but his posting is absolutely ridicules @GoldenWolf87
Thanks for the support. I mainly remember seeing you outside of the War Room. Sometimes I'll browse thread titles searching for something that doesn't seem to be the typical culture war crap, but it almost always is. I get that a lot of people who still post here enjoy that stuff, and good for them I guess, but it just ain't for me.

Yep, went "oh, shit!" the first time I heard that. :D Because if you're a non-boomer then you heard them in reverse and not from the OG first. It was kinda like this. <45>

Elementary School Vibes. :cool:

There's a funny story behind the sampling of that song. P Diddy apparently was planning on sampling it himself first and Steely Dan was excited about that because they saw dollar signs. Then they were disappointed when Uptown started to blow up and Puffy backed off of using the sample. So they played hardball and demanded 100% of the publishing and songwriting credit and got it. Kind of a gangsta ass move actually. So that was the rappers' one hit wonder song and they didn't even make any money off of it. It pretty much all went to some middle aged men who were already multimillionaires. Tough business. :)

PS - I forgot for a second that Steely Dan also demanded $115k up front as well. Dam Son. :D

20211206-150317.jpg

*BOOM*

{<jordan}

(@Lead is still a mod IMO, just in plain clothes)
He's already back on his Alt lmao

Thanks for the support. I mainly remember seeing you outside of the War Room. Sometimes I'll browse thread titles searching for something that doesn't seem to be the typical culture war crap, but it almost always is. I get that a lot of people who still post here enjoy that stuff, and good for them I guess, but it just ain't for me.

Yeah I used to be fairly active in the heavies, for some reason I wound up in a WR thread and honestly spend more time reading than posting. I actually had my wife read the bamboo ballots thread to show her the level of crazy that exists.

Back