War Machine: 'If I were following Jesus would any of my trouble have ever happened?'

It's not like he stole a comic book from a store......HE BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF A WOMAN!!!!!!!! There's no "People make mistakes" there....No one is kicking him when he's down ....He's right where he should be and deserves all the flack he can get....This is a bad person..A very bad person....

Well were all sinners who do bad things, some worse than others. Not my place to judge a man who seeks forgiveness with God. If he's trying to change his life around, who are we to continue condemning him?

Is he referring to the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ? Or his new Mexican bunk mate, Jesus...either way there's going to be a lot of praying "oh God.....oh God..."

thanks-jesus-for-this-food-de-nada.jpg

Well were all sinners who do bad things, some worse than others. Not my place to judge a man who seeks forgiveness with God. If he's trying to change his life around, who are we to continue condemning him?

I don't use "whether he is seeking forgiveness with God" as my test for whether a person is worthy of my condemnation, and I am not alone.

this whole thing is just depressing as fuck, hope he gets it together though...

You misunderstood what he said. He's not saying War Machine should be set free or not face a trial, he's hoping for God to bless him so that he can lead a better life. As an atheist, I doubt that will happen (God blessing him), but it's not the fucked up sentiment you seem to think it is. Whether in prison or in society at large, people can choose to try to lead better, more moral lives.

There certainly is a subset of Christianity that seems to think that as long as they ask forgiveness they're good with God (and by extension, society), regardless of their acts though. And that is absolutely fucked up.

Why on earth would you put blessing on a man that did what he did? I know what he said and it is still morally inept. it really is fucked that he blesses warmachine but has an av of a person who preaches death to gays. I am an Atheist as well. what I am not is an (acamidationist)spelling

It's not like he stole a comic book from a store......HE BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF A WOMAN!!!!!!!! There's no "People make mistakes" there....No one is kicking him when he's down ....He's right where he should be and deserves all the flack he can get....This is a bad person..A very bad person....

He's done some terrible things. But we're all in the same boat. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." And I hope he changes for the better.

Did he tweet this to a future parole board? I want to believe him, I really do. And yes ultimately it is between He and God as far as his faith and sincerity. But he broke the laws of man and will be judged by man for them. And if he did find Christ, why is the first thing he doing with his new-found faith is trying to gain public favor? I hope he is sincere. I hope his faith sustains him while he is answering for his crimes.

He's done some terrible things. But we're all in the same boat. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

What about little babies that die before being able to accept your god?
Straight to hell?

Jesus even said that none will get to heaven but through him.
So every single person that was born before hearing about the dude went to hell.

Leave me out of your we are all sinners and he died for your sins. I am not and never have been part of your religion.

I don't use "whether he is seeking forgiveness with God" as my test for whether a person is worthy of my condemnation, and I am not alone.

We're all different with different opinion and views on things.

A "bad guy" doesn't always have to stay the "bad guy"

The same goes for a "good guy" we all have experiences and situations that can alter who we are, how we think, our actions ect.

What about little babies that die before being able to accept your god?
Straight to hell?

Jesus even said that none will get to heaven but through him.
So every single person that was born before hearing about the dude went to hell.

Matthew 19:14New International Version (NIV)

14 Jesus said,

Leave me out of your we are all sinners and he died for your sins. I am not and never have been part of your religion.

Doesn't matter, you're still a sinner with a debt owed.
Payment has been made but that's up to you to accept, not me. I've already accepted it.

God Bless

He's done some terrible things. But we're all in the same boat. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." And I hope he changes for the better.

So tell us how do you fell about gay people. because we all know how the guy in av fells. Woman beating I forgive you, Gay we should stone you, Atheist Burn forever.

Why on earth would you put blessing on a man that did what he did? I know what he said and it is still morally inept. it really is fucked that he blesses warmachine but has an av of a person who preaches death to gays. I am an Atheist as well. what I am not is an (acamidationist)spelling

Would you rather War Machine continue to be a douchebag? That's really fucked up.

What about the cavemen?
They all went to hell because they had no idea about some jew that would be born much later on, and he would put down some rules for who can and can't go to a happy afterlife?

I would expect someone with your avatar name to say something like that. Someday the Holy Spirit may be knocking on the door of your heart. I hope you'll be able to listen when the time comes.

I hope he does change his life for the better and has found peace in a relationship with Christ. And going forward that may serve him well. But he has some things to answer for. Jesus forgives. He never tells us we dont have to face the consequences of our actions. If WM is truly a changed man that when he has paid his debt I will wish him nothing but the best. Heck if he is sincere I wish him that now. Mentally and spiritually that is. But just as it isnt my place to condemn him it isnt my place to absolve him. He did what he did and those actions come with a price.

I hope he does change his life for the better and has found peace in a relationship with Christ. And going forward that may serve him well. But he has some things to answer for. Jesus forgives. He never tells us we dont have to face the consequences of our actions. If WM is truly a changed man that when he has paid his debt I will wish him nothing but the best. Heck if he is sincere I wish him that now. Mentally and spiritually that is. But just as it isnt my place to condemn him it isnt my place to absolve him. He did what he did and those actions come with a price.

Well said.

Back