War kimono belt

zomoplata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know any sites that still sell these war belts? I remember coming across a site that offered a variety of colors light, medium, dark, etc.. But I can't find the URL of if or the company still exists. Thanks in advance.

I looked for one for a long time, never found it. I went with a Padilla and Sons, it also is made of gi material and stays tied really well. I've heard good things about Korals too.

I looked for one for a long time, never found it. I went with a Padilla and Sons, it also is made of gi material and stays tied really well. I've heard good things about Korals too.

Ah, thanks for the info didn't know Padillas made a kimono belt. I'm gonna hunt for these war belts a lil longer. I'll update if I find anything.

Here are some other companies that make gi material belts, but I feel ya on wanting the War belt:

Padilla & Sons (already said)
Killer Bee
Dom
Ground Control

The guy who runs upthefight.com is also a sherdog member, theSkeptiks. His email is [email protected]. He's a real nice guy, fair, great shipping and communication. I bought my Yank from him.

Try that email, that's how I got a hold of him. Let me now how it works out, planning on making my next belt War.

Here are some other companies that make gi material belts, but I feel ya on wanting the War belt:

Padilla & Sons (already said)
Killer Bee
Dom
Ground Control

The guy who runs upthefight.com is also a sherdog member, theSkeptiks. His email is [email protected]. He's a real nice guy, fair, great shipping and communication. I bought my Yank from him.

Try that email, that's how I got a hold of him. Let me now how it works out, planning on making my next belt War.

Thank you very much.

I was about to say what Bellicose said. Dude is a great guy, I also got my 450 Comp from him.

I have a ground control belt I guy I know has the war they are very similar .

UpTheFight recently closed down and Skeptics sold all his stuff on ebay.
I bought a War Kimono from him.

I have a ground control belt I guy I know has the war they are very similar .

i didnt think so at all, the GC belt is noticeably wider.

You might have to order the War straight thru Brazil if you want it bad enough..

I have a new A3 dark blue if thats what you needed?

WAR was going thru new management a little over a year ago from what I heard. Since then none of their products (at least their belts) have made it stateside. Budo is always sold out. I know I've asked this before but it always slips my mind, but who is the guy that posts here that said he can get a lot of stuff from Brazil? I believe he runs the Brazilian Fight Wear website? You might want to contact them since they sell WAR kimonos.

Anyone know any sites that still sell these war belts? I remember coming across a site that offered a variety of colors light, medium, dark, etc.. But I can't find the URL of if or the company still exists. Thanks in advance.

Hi - I managed to procure a light blue war kimonos belt at the end of 2012.

It was not easy:

I had to contact somebody called Rob Toman at http://http://carapreta.com.au/ in Australia. I live in the UK.

It took several weeks for him to answer my email, in fact I'd given up all hope. But once I managed to get a dialogue going he was really helpful. No online store so I had to blindly paypal him the money - Luckily I have friends in Sydney who bought it back with them to the UK at christmas for me.

- The only one he had left was an A4, (I'm 5'8 lol) so had to get a seamstress to cut it down once it had arrived here in the uk.

Interestingly - it does not have the tag/graffiti style war logo on it, it is much older with a kind of brazilian flag / sunset style embroidered design with 'WAR KIMONOS' above it. (see pic) Pretty cool.

WARbelt.gif

I absolutely love the belt but they are currently rare as rocking horse shit. Can't believe the trouble I had to go to to get one.

Last edited:
Got mine from brazilianfightwear.com last year but they since seems to stop advertising them.

However, they still carry the war kimonos. So i say email them and ask if they still have any left.

Pedro, the owner, is a great guy.

As for the belt, i love it. Dark brown color, super comfy feel. Gets old real nice. I plan on being a brown belt for a long time (bjj politics), so i invested the 36$.

Hi - I managed to procure a light blue war kimonos belt at the end of 2012.

It was not easy:

I had to contact somebody called Rob Toman at http://http://carapreta.com.au/ in Australia. I live in the UK.

It took several weeks for him to answer my email, in fact I'd given up all hope. But once I managed to get a dialogue going he was really helpful. No online store so I had to blindly paypal him the money - Luckily I have friends in Sydney who bought it back with them to the UK at christmas for me.

- The only one he had left was an A4, (I'm 5'8 lol) so had to get a seamstress to cut it down once it had arrived here in the uk.

Interestingly - it does not have the tag/graffiti style war logo on it, it is much older with a kind of brazilian flag / sunset style embroidered design with 'WAR KIMONOS' above it. (see pic) Pretty cool.

WARbelt.gif

I absolutely love the belt but they are currently rare as rocking horse shit. Can't believe the trouble I had to go to to get one.

You'll get better results if you just come out and say you're the owner.

You'll get better results if you just come out and say you're the owner.

I'm not the owner at all, just a lurker - I saw the post and thought i'd share my long-winded experience of trying to obtain a war belt. Bit rude if you ask me.

I'm not the owner at all, just a lurker - I saw the post and thought i'd share my long-winded experience of trying to obtain a war belt. Bit rude if you ask me.

I apologize if you felt I was being rude, but since you're a lurker I assumed you know that when someone signs up and their first post is about how good a business is then it's usually the owner. My apologies. Hope no offense was taken.

I apologize if you felt I was being rude, but since you're a lurker I assumed you know that when someone signs up and their first post is about how good a business is then it's usually the owner. My apologies. Hope no offense was taken.

No problem, I'm not trying to mislead anyone, just talk about the ridiculous lengths I had to go to for one of these belts.

The guy had no stock left anyhow (hence me having to take the A4)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back