War Felder!!! You won

Felder lost and also lost his last fight against Barboza.

fight was so good I honestly didn't care who won. Had to watch two of the worst boxing matches afterwards before the Fury fight.

This is such a ridiculous train of thought.

It's scored on a round by round basis, fighters need to win 3 rounds, plain and simple.

If basing fights off the later rounds, all you would get is very boring early rounds where fighters save their energy for the later more important rounds.
No it's not, it goes back the same way around currently except you have fighters stalling in the last rounds instead of the first rounds. But what I really mean is the addition of scoring the fight as a whole in combination with the round-by-round scoring. A lot of times the round by round does not tell the story of the fight. A fighter can for example barely/very indecisively win 2 rounds, but can get completely dominated in the third, but wins the fight. If a fighter really has to survive or stall towards the end, that's an element that should be taken into account into scoring imo. If the current system was good, there wouldn't be so much controversy around it.

Anyway just looking at the fight as whole, Felder for definitely won for me, and round by round I had him as well so.

No it's not, it goes back the same way around currently except you have fighters stalling in the last rounds instead of the first rounds. But what I really mean is the addition of scoring the fight as a whole in combination with the round-by-round scoring. A lot of times the round by round does not tell the story of the fight. A fighter can for example barely/very indecisively win 2 rounds, but can get completely dominated in the third, but wins the fight. If a fighter really has to survive or stall towards the end, that's an element that should be taken into account into scoring imo. If the current system was good, there wouldn't be so much controversy around it.

Anyway just looking at the fight as whole, Felder for definitely won for me, and round by round I had him as well so.

I get it FIGHTER

A fight to win 2/3 rounds.

But fight B should get the win because fighter B would've won imaginery rounds.

But your basing this off a performance that judges each round equally, alter the judging criteria and the fighter would still adapt, he still wins 2/3rds of the fight.

Felder didn’t win that fight, when he didn’t do much expect round 4

Felder won 48-47 or 49-46. One of the biggest robberies in the history of this sport. It reminded me of GSP vs Hendricks and Trinaldo vs Hernandez. Shame!

Felder had that fight...he deserved the win..

I agree. I thought that in a round that largely takes place on the feet, the rules favored the fighter who was the better striker. And though the strike count was close in the 5th, Felder landed more and clearly hurt Hooker more. Apparently though, some judges still score TDs like some kind of round-deciding move. Sucks for Felder.

I'm going to have to rewatch the fifth but I'm pretty sure Dan landed more in r5

I have no problem with the decision as per the stupid scoring criteria, but Felder won "the real fight" for sure.

Felder won that fight 2, 4, 5. I also don't think someone who's mostly just surviving and stalling in the last 2 rounds deserves to get the win.
Nope but being a close fight going into the decision, i i ththk a lot of us had a feeling it was going to hooker.

I'm going to have to rewatch the fifth but I'm pretty sure Dan landed more in r5

Just checked the official stats and you’re right. Hooker edged him count-wise.

I had Felder winning but it wasn't a robbery. For some reason though, I just find Hooker to be a prick. Not an obvious prick, like Covington, but there's just something very unlikeable about him.
The Poirier callout.

I had Felder winning that 3-2 as well.

Back