WANTING TO TRY MMA-24yr old male 6ft 73in reach

DerekForreal

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey I'm 6 ft,155 lbs,reach is 73in.I've been wanting to try mma for sometime just never had the financial resources.I have experience in street fighting at least 10 fights and follow mma.what are my chances?Live in Southern Cali Inland Empire area

Go to a gym and put in some effort for a few months and you'll have your answer if there's potential or not..

Go to a local event and tell the promoter you want to fight, someone is bound to have pulled out at the last minute. No need to train, get in there and bang bro, training's for pussies.

Train for a couple of months and contact a promoter. someone will give you a fight

Fighting ! In the blue corner, this man is a street fighter with a professional record of 0 wins with 0 losses. He stands 6" tall weighing in, at 155 pounds. Fighting out of Southern Cali Inland Empire Area, presenting..the reigning, defending, tough guy internet street fighting champion of the world...Derek ' The Real Deal ' Forreal !

Last edited:
How did you do in your street fights? Why didn't you record them......or did you?

No most of my fights were on impulse,not scheduled and against anyone my weight or size im undefeated.I've never been knocked out or kicked on ground only walked away during a few bloody ones with larger opponents,who also got hit.Would consider myself to be on a 6fight win streak,one being a gang member in jail serving 15 years

Wtf, you're not 6'11 345? How did your sherdog application get accepted ?

Hey I'm 6 ft,155 lbs,reach is 73in.I've been wanting to try mma for sometime just never had the financial resources.I have experience in street fighting at least 10 fights and follow mma.what are my chances?Live in Southern Cali Inland Empire area
street fights dont mean anything, especially if you were drinking at the time, liquid courage isnt the same as real courage... As far as your age 24 isnt young it isnt old either, if you have some level of natural talent in 2 to 3 years you could be pretty high level with a lot of commitment.. I have watched many people go from zero to hero, more then anything all that matters is how often you are actually in the gym with real instructors, not shadow boxing alone watching youtube videos.

Alcohol was never involved was just looking for training advice because tje only thing i have i standup game

what are my chances?

Your chances are that you probably gonna get stabbed or shot in one of your next street fights assuming you arent trolling. Street fights are fucking stupid. If you wanna fight so bad just go to sparring in some gym.. its not like you need much money for that too.

No most of my fights were on impulse,not scheduled and against anyone my weight or size im undefeated.I've never been knocked out or kicked on ground only walked away during a few bloody ones with larger opponents,who also got hit.Would consider myself to be on a 6fight win streak,one being a gang member in jail serving 15 years
"most" ?! lol so some were scheduled? that's a start if true

Any helpful advice i appreciate please dont comment if you assume im a hoodlum or anything of that sort.my fights have stemmed from both me and others losing tempers

Are you for real Derek?

Tip #1 start training ufc dude.
#2 find a buddy and get him a man bun.( they sell them on ebay.)
#3 get good at shit talking ( think yo mamma jokes)

No offense, but it sounds soooo stupid when someone says they have street fighting experience. It doesn't translate to MMA. In fact, everytime anyone has ever come into a gym boasting of street fighting experience, they A) have a ton of terrible habits they have to unlearn and B) in my experience they usually lack heart. Their egos can't handle it when little guys they assumed they could rough up all the sudden are lighting them up in sparring. So they quit.

If two guys walked into my gym and one told me he is a prolific street fighter that has won every street fight he's ever been in (and I believed him) and the other guy says he has never been in a street fight but has done sports his whole life, I'd bet money that the athlete proves to be better at MMA because he will have the work ethic, heart and ability to put his ego aside in order to train properly.

This "street fighter" came into a gym acting tough so they put this 20 year old against a far smaller 15 year old boxer. Now, street fighters always look good for about 20 seconds because they're hyper aggressive. They don't realize they're just playing right into the actual martial artists game:

Last edited:
Another super tough street fighter walks into an MMA gym looking for a fight.

Im not sure why most ppl replying are concentrating on the street fighting.its irrelevant to anything other than my standup game.thats why im asking ADVICE about other aspects of training.sounds like everyone is jealous about that or something why would i street fight in mma.thats why im here

Back