Wanting to train, no experience, no real income?

Hill sprints are good for building explosive power and leg strenght. You might also want to try and find a park near by. It would be a good place to be able to do pull ups and dips. A little gets jungle gym is an excellent place to get a good workout. As for adding more muscle mass, good old fashion oatmeal can work wonders.

lots of good advice... most of it seems to be about gaining weight/strength, less of it about training mma specifically

might i also remember to include stretching and flexibility training. even at 17 this is not something that should be forgotten at the expense of strength training. look at all the mma greats. in fact, look at the greatest athletes in any sport. they almost all have above average or superior flexibility

Get a job. Just kidding.

I mean no money as in like 0 $$ or can you afford 2 free weights ? what is exactly the deal on your income situation. If you drop 80 $ on at home stuff from a sports store you can accomplish alot.

Tiger_vs_Mantis said:
lots of good advice... most of it seems to be about gaining weight/strength, less of it about training mma specifically

might i also remember to include stretching and flexibility training. even at 17 this is not something that should be forgotten at the expense of strength training. look at all the mma greats. in fact, look at the greatest athletes in any sport. they almost all have above average or superior flexibility

Good point as his flexibility is already decreasing,even at that age,

BabyPhenom said:
Can you purchase some free weights at least?

Yeah, I am poor too but I bought a half-assed homegym fro like 100$ and all the weights I either borrowed or bought really cheaply. For diet, eat cheaply like tuna, skim milk, and buy eggs in bulk.

Join the wrestling team man. Even if you don't make the varsity or jv team the coach will still probably let you train with the team and learn. For other training, find out if theres a police athletic league boxing club in your area. It will be really cheap to get boxing training there as they use it as a way of keeping kids off the streets and out of trouble.

Just a quick point - no wrestling progerams in the UK. Not Police athletic leagues. Judo & kickboxing (of various types) are around, but there is almost nothing in 'public' programs for combat sports.

okay,just some ideas
Push ups
chins(trees or kids playground)
dips
no weight squats
single leg squats
crunches
bridges
calf raises
buy/make a sandbag (£20 approx) and use that for weights.
Jogging/running:hill sprints,with bag hill walk,fartlekking etc..
hill climbers
star jump
plyometric squats/push ups
use the sand bag for throwing or if full enough,ground and pound.

Told you, pm me and I'll sort you out some stuff for ideas to work on.

Back