Wand's doctor confirms: He's at rizin (and MORE) + PRIDE WANDERLEI IS BACK

That doesnt mean he is wrong.
well, he lost to bisping and bisping lost to wand. mma math

but, wanderlei was quite slim in the ufc. its not like stann lost to a pride wand

Holy shit. Never thought I would see a pudgy Wand.

well, he lost to bisping and bisping lost to wand. mma math

but, wanderlei was quite slim in the ufc. its not like stann lost to a pride wand

He echoes the frustrations of what people were saying about Vitor as well.

Yeah he would kill Royce, I was embellishing no doubt. It's just sad to watch these guys who have nothing else in their life that they keep fighting long past the point where they should. If Wand wants to keep competing he will turn into Saku, with his skin peeling off his body mid-fight and other horrific shit. No need to see any more Big Nog's/Saku's. I prefer to just let em go when it's time. And it's time for Wand.
youre crazy, his fight with stann was awesome, and that was his last fight

ok that was 3 years ago, but pride wand is coming back and im sure we will see great fights from him

LMAO. We absolutely need some mod clarity on this. Have we passed the "unsupported accusations" threshold with Wand?

Oh shut the fuck up. Every Brazilian fighter supposedly looks different these days and posters say whatever they want.

It all depends on what mod is on his rags on a certain date where they decide to enforce the rules.

Yeah he would kill Royce, I was embellishing no doubt. It's just sad to watch these guys who have nothing else in their life that they keep fighting long past the point where they should. If Wand wants to keep competing he will turn into Saku, with his skin peeling off his body mid-fight and other horrific shit. No need to see any more Big Nog's/Saku's. I prefer to just let em go when it's time. And it's time for Wand.
Wand knows when it's time for him. Some of these guys can't really let it go. It's money, but also having the spotlight, loving to fight etc. He can be the biggest headliner in any MMA company not called UFC still, so we're not talking peanuts here.

youre crazy, his fight with stann was awesome, and that was his last fight

ok that was 3 years ago, but pride wand is coming back and im sure we will see great fights from him
Brian Stann is 12-6. Wand was the best LHW in the world at one point. The fact that he is lingering around the sport to fight people with 12-6 records when he was the best in the world at one point is what is sad to watch. He might have awesome fights with people like Stann, but that kind of illustrates how far he's fallen.

Also, a Wand that ran from a drug test while in the UFC was likely...not very clean in the first place. Why people think taking PED's is going to turn him into 'Pride Wand', when it seems clear he was already taking PED's while in the UFC is kinda strange to me. Not fighter bashing, just stating my honest observation.

I believe Wanderlei told doc to fix his eyebrows to make him resemble the 20 year prior Wand again.

While having the best fighters under the same umbrella is best for the sport, MMA isn't a pure sport, it's also sports entertainment.
The UFC is great and I watch all the shows (shit, I even have fight pass), but the UFC is very homogenized.
That just means that there is room for Wanderlei Silva and Dada 5000 and Jose Canseco and the late Emanuel Yarbrough. All team sports are obsessed with finding out who the best at this time is. Which is cool, competition is cool, I'll go out of my way to watch these fights. But MMA can also be fun in a different way. Like, sure, many of you hate (or used to hate) the womens divisions, because in a sporting sense, who cares? But in MMA, fuck that man, I did enjoy my hometown girl Rose Namajunas defeat Paige VanZant, and I sure as hell didn't think less of PVZ afterwards. She showed a true warrior's spirit and will train more and fight again. Why would it matter if I don't think she could beat up NFL players or whatever? It doesn't man, it doesn't matter at all.
I've had numerous MMA fighters capture my attention and I love it. Dudes like Mayhem Miller for example. I was dead wrong about him. I thought he had the perfect sense of humor to deal with fading out of the spotlight with his sense of humor and positive energy he was giving out like 6 years ago. Now he's a trainwreck, but if Miller vs War Machine was announced somewhere (jail, I guess), I'd watch it. And that obviously has nothing to do with who the best fighter in the world is. But it would be interesting.
Normally, I'd end here and post, but I'm from CO so I've been drinking and smoking the good stuff so I'll throw this in. My wife is sorta halfway an artist who draws comic strips. And I asked (and she delivered) on a hilarious comic strip about War Machine's alter ego Peace Machine helping an old lady across the street.
So let Wand fight whoever wants to fight him. Let Bellator put on freak show fights. Let Rickson Gracie fight Dan Severn. I'd watch it all. Let's see the good, the bad and the ugly. Let MMA be fun.
War Wanderlei

Brian Stann is 12-6. Wand was the best LHW in the world at one point. The fact that he is lingering around the sport to fight people with 12-6 records when he was the best in the world at one point is what is sad to watch. He might have awesome fights with people like Stann, but that kind of illustrates how far he's fallen.

Also, a Wand that ran from a drug test while in the UFC was likely...not very clean in the first place. Why people think taking PED's is going to turn him into 'Pride Wand', when it seems clear he was already taking PED's while in the UFC is kinda strange to me. Not fighter bashing, just stating my honest observation.
cause he clearly wasnt taking enough on his ufc days. theres different levels of taking

belfort, for example, you think he wasnt dirty before his TRT rampage?

no, he was just using less or something less effective

thats for me what happened with wanderlei. he maybe was scared to use a lot or something and just tuned it down

This will make a great before picture for his transformation that I'm hoping he is about to undergo.

The-Circle-Of-Life-GIF.gif

Wand looks 200 years old in that photo, makes me sad. I remember Prime wand... and pre weird surgery.

He was making threats at Conor while being in that shape? LOL

Conor would check that chin.

Back to sticking needles in japan.

I was interested ... until I saw that pic. It's disturbing.

Back