Wand's crew is pushing for the muhammad ali act.

Giovanefugazza

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have seen it, but i think that's pretty interesting.

For what i understand, the muhammad ali act prevents an organization to have complete power over fighters.

It is a separation of powers in the fighting system, kind of like we have in our governments (legislative, judiciary and executive).

Anyway, it is far better explained in the video.

[YT]/watch?t=28&v=T3CiNZN7rd4[/YT]

If they are doing it, i will support it.......It will avoid the system become monopolized.

Yea let's have all the best fighters split up into different orgs and never fight. That's genius. Just like how boxing killed itself.

The push is the right move, regardless of how you feel about Wandy.

With what WSOF is doing with their matchmaker, plus the UFCs "golden goose" scenarios, it does appear it is time to have something like the Ali Act in place.

I think this would be better in the hands of people like Nate Quarry.

Wand doesn't add much legitimacy to anything at the moment. He needs to do what Ben Affleck did and step away for a few years until people are ready to see him again.

Yea let's have all the best fighters split up into different orgs and never fight. That's genius. Just like how boxing killed itself.

This^^^^is the most intelligent post so far. The sheeple need to start thinking for themselves instead of being led by Promoters, Fighters, etc., that are only promotong what's only in their best interest. Great Post!!!!

This isn't the answer, the last thing MMA needs is to become more like boxing, in any way. Keep the fighters pay low until they prove their worth, it keeps them hungry, gives us better fights. Conor McGregor made 8k/8k his first fight in the UFC, wanted more money got a KO and got a 50k bonus.

If fighters can't make money in the UFC than they are going split up anyway. A lot of fighters lost a lot of money because of the Reebok deal that the UFC signed. The fighters themselves had no input on their financial future. Eventually fighters will start leaving the UFC to seek a better opportunity to make money. More and more fighters are becoming more vocal about fighter pay, so either way fighters will be going to different orgs, its just a matter of time.

If fighters can't make money in the UFC than they are going split up anyway. A lot of fighters lost a lot of money because of the Reebok deal that the UFC signed. The fighters themselves had no input on their financial future. Eventually fighters will start leaving the UFC to seek a better opportunity to make money. More and more fighters are becoming more vocal about fighter pay, so either way fighters will be going to different orgs, its just a matter of time.

Then let them go. What's the problem? If that were to actually happen, we'd have more options.

But we all know 80% of them can't make half what they make in the UFC.

The Ali act puts a lot of rules on mangers because they have a responsibility to the fighters. Promoters don't have that responsibility. Will be interesting if it goes anywhere.

wow, surprised some people actually believe that not only is best to not have the Muhammad Ali act, but also that things are great the way they are today.

I think MMA needs this, or other means of making the power balance more fair (between fighters and promotions) for quite some time actually, so good, hope this will develop further.

wow, surprised some people actually believe that not only is best to not have the Muhammad Ali act, but also that things are great the way they are today.

I think MMA needs this, or other means of making the power balance more fair (between fighters and promotions) for quite some time actually, so good, hope this will develop further.

No one here said nothing needs to change. But if you think this is what MMA needs, you don

Wand shouldve just been quiet about everything after his lifetime ban was revoked. Every time he says anything, its just sad to see where hes at.

Wand has never been the sharpest axe.

I wonder if Wanderlei wakes up every day pissed off now. Each incident with him now I care less and less I just see a butthurt manchild who can't take responsibility for their actions and is now trying to blame everyone in the world and act super serious like he just became an advocate for fair treatment of MMA fighters when dude didn't give a fuck less before this.

I say nothing needs to change. And the Muhammad Ali act would be an unenforceable joke with the way the UFC is structured.

Back