Wanderlei Silva sues Nevada State Athletic Commission for lifetime ban

Uwattt?

Brou um are always lost on the subject and to be clear most fighters are free to roid up like MTF! No wonder UFC has pulled out off random tests.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-sc...-weve-got-no-business-handling-the-regulation

You are misunderstanding that story a bit. UFC is not doing the tests themselves because they are too sloppy and unorganized. They are still paying for random tests.

From your link:

However, according to White, instead of overseeing its own program, the organization instead will give money to state athletic commissions, which are the regulatory bodies in most North American locations and a growing number of international venues. As White said on Thursday, the commissions can then fund and oversee additional testing, which is a job the UFC isn

Last edited:
1 is enough, what's the deal with lifetime bans, and with the contract... just let the man fight. It's not like he's Palhares.

I agree the life time ban was over kill but Wand did it to himself. He should have came to the hearing and said he piece. Instead he released one of his silly Youtube videos and quit the sport before the hearing.

I agree the life time ban was over kill but Wand did it to himself. He should have came to the hearing and said he piece. Instead he released one of his silly Youtube videos and quit the sport before the hearing.

He was in Brazil at the time

You were the only one hating, making connections that made no sense just to hate on Pride. Moreorless doesn't hate the UFC, he just doesn't like when people who know nothing about Pride talk about it(not saying you are one of them but there are tons on Sherdog and they generally hate on Pride and no nothing about it.)

What connections? Anyone with half a brain knows pride was sketchy ad fuck. And I was talking about UL.

The fact is that Wanderlei ran away from a drug test, he reaps the consequences.

Poor Wand.

You are miss understanding that story a bit. UFC is not doing the tests themselves because they are too sloppy and unorganized. They are still paying for random tests.

From your link:

Back room bonus, more testing yeah Dana White. Lets see the comissions doing random tests in 2015.

Read this

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=412846

I say most fighters are on PEDs, the ones caught are not doing right, this guy in the interview today works for Juan Manuel Marquez, just think about that

Wand is a legend, has not once been part of a boring fight, he either KO people or gets KOed.

What connections? Anyone with half a brain knows pride was sketchy ad fuck. And I was talking about UL.

The fact is that Wanderlei ran away from a drug test, he reaps the consequences.

Poor Wand.

Tell me of one fighting ORG that is not sketchy?

They should ban you for a year if you run from a test, imo. That seems suitable, what the commission did was very strange.

He was doing a seminar

That's not a very good excuse, considering the implications of the hearing on his career. But even if he couldn't reschedule the seminar, it's likely he could have gotten his hearing adjourned until the commission's next scheduled date.

Uwattt?

Brou um are always lost on the subject and to be clear most fighters are free to roid up like MTF! No wonder UFC has pulled out off random tests.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-sc...-weve-got-no-business-handling-the-regulation

What the fuck did you write?

"Brou um are"?

Headliners get randomly tested by the NSAC if a fight is announced. Legally or not. If Wand wins, fighters like Jones will wait as long as possible before they can before applying for a license and then get tested only on the night.

BTW BROU UM ARE.

Doubt anything comes of this as the ACs are usually left to decide their own shit, but it could happen.

I'm not going to defend refusing the test, but an indefinite (read: until he's too old to compete anymore) suspension seems ridiculously over the top for a first time offense. Even if you think this is worse than failing (and I do), they should put a reasonable date for the end of the suspension. 1-2 years on a first offense would have sent the message just fine.

Wand has been making an ass of himself, but he's still a legend and deserves better than this after 15+ years of passing every test asked of him. Before I hear about PRIDE, it's not his fault they didn't test and he's passed every test the NSAC or anyone else has ever given him. This is absolutely a first offense.

1 year for this offense isn't nearly enough I think it should be minimum 3 years. If you make it 1 year people will just run from the test and take the punishment instead of having their reputation tarnished and possibly sponsorship. Two years might have been enough and it might be exactly how long the suspension is. The fact is indefinite can me anything. Wand should just keep applying and communicating with the commission to find out how to get licensed again. Taking people to court and constantly dismissing them and acting like you've done nothing wrong is only going to make this worse.

Back