Wanderlei Silva joining Bellator MMA festivities on Feb. 18 in Houston

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Having first fought in the sport almost twenty years ago, very few men have a more legendary resume than Wanderlei Silva. "The Axe Murderer" is a Pride and UFC veteran, who brings an intimidating and imposing presence with him every time he steps into the cage. Currently one of the biggest free agents in the sport, Silva may soon return to action in hopes of adding to an already-impressive list of wins that include: Guy Mezger, Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba, Ricardo Arona, Kazuyuki Fujita, Michael Bisping, Cung Le, Brian Stann and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson twice.

Joining the Brazilian -- who replaces Randy Couture -- will be Bellator light heavyweight champion Liam McGeary, along with division No. 1 contender Phil Davis, longtime combat sports veteran Tito Ortiz, and former WWE star Kurt Angle.

Silva is expected to wrap things up with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC)later this year. Once he does, it's not unreasonable to think "The Axe Murderer" could join some of his fellow UFC exports on Spike TV, assuming Rizin doesn't scoop him up first.

I am still one of the few who still loves Wand after his drug testing incident but he is not one of the biggest free agents. He still has some fun fights out there and would be banking on name recognition only. His amazing recovery which complemented his brawling style is gone. So I dont think there will be much of a bidding war.

Just RSVP'd to the event.

Wand is one of the few of my fav MMA fighters left that I haven't had direct communication with.

Gonna change that on the 18th!

I am still one of the few who still loves Wand after his drug testing incident but he is not one of the biggest free agents. He still has some fun fights out there and would be banking on name recognition only. His amazing recovery which complemented his brawling style is gone. So I dont think there will be much of a bidding war.

If the reports I saw were correct, Rizin paid its fighters pretty generously. I could see them starting things off at over 200K per fight.

Wanderlei Silva is only 39 years old besides he had reconstructive facial surgery on his face to look younger so he has maybe 6 more years of being an elite fighter left

Bellator and Rizin can each have him for 3 years so that means we will get 18 more fights out of him if he fights 3 times a year.

Wanderlei vs Baruto and Wanderlei vs Josh Barnett are great fights...are you salivating at the prospects of this happening yet?

Wanderlei's career is gonna take off now that he doesn't have to take part in fixed fights in the UFC

Wand is one of the few of my fav MMA fighters left that I haven't had direct communication with.

Careful, I don't know if you want today's Wanderlei "communicating" with you.

crop_wandy3.jpg

Wanderlei Silva is only 39 years old besides he had reconstructive facial surgery on his face to look younger so he has maybe 6 more years of being an elite fighter left

Just wondering how getting a facelift comes into play when discussing his longevity as a fighter...

lol he wasnt serious, or at least I hope hes not

You're right. I didn't read the rest of the post very carefully. I'm slippin', dawg.

Read that the RIZIN president will try and make Wand vs Fedor.

I still want to see Wand vs Manhoef too.

You're such a kink!

Just wondering how getting a facelift comes into play when discussing his longevity as a fighter...

It means win or lose he will look dead sexy while doing it.

Wand v Anatoly Tokov would be a good comeback fight, if he wins they can use it to promote the a Fedor fight (it's his protégé afterall).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back