Wanderlei silva interview about pride

PirateTetra

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hi! Could someone please help me find this interview with wanderlei where he talks about his pride days. he's talking about how he was all banged up before his fight with rampage but the atmosphere in the arena gave him strength to fight and alot of other things too. could someone please help me find this video?

come on guys, i've been searching like crazy the whole day without finding it

I know which one you're referring to but could not find it.

Here's nice backstage footage from their second fight though:

Rampage's face is destroyed

You're talking about a recent interview, or a interview from before the facial surgery?
This is a recent one talking about his upcoming fight in Japan and the old days.

Edit: In the future if you're looking for fighter videos, check out mmatko.com and type it in their search bar. Then you'll get the results in reverse chronological order of when they were posted. IMO, the best place for videos.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Really enjoyed listening to Wanderlei.

Looking at Wandy I used to think he was an uneducated caveman, but every time I listen to him speak his speech is intellegent, eloquent and he has wonderful vocabulary. Nice video.

Stann is a dangerous fight for Wandy.

I hate that matchup. Wandy would need to switch to grappling mode to win it. If he stands up all the time he goes to sleep.
Lose Lose situation. Either we get Wandy boring fight or we see a legend lose again bc age and chin isnt there anymore.

I hate that matchup. Wandy would need to switch to grappling mode to win it. If he stands up all the time he goes to sleep.
Lose Lose situation. Either we get Wandy boring fight or we see a legend lose again bc age and chin isnt there anymore.

He should grapple immediately and win via ground and pound. It can be exciting because Wandy goes ape shit when he is pounding people on the ground.

Wandy will stand and bang, and Stann has one of the most brutal power with an iron chin. Wandy on the other hand has one of the worst chins and sloppy windmill punches. Possibly one of the worst match ups for Wandy.

Best light heavyweight of all time!

Back