Wanderlei Silva destroyed his legacy

If Wand gets cut he should take up boxing and go see if he can win a local Golden Gloves tourney.

His legacy is going nowhere except in the minds of the more fickleminded fanboys.
This fight was never a necessity. It was on because Chael kept calling him out and Wanderlei would get a payday.

Sherdog is loaded with drama queens, anyone who is no longer a fan of Wand after this situation was never a real fan to begin with, this place can be such a joke.

i'm not going to speculate on what i thought i saw, that Wandy looked smaller in the UFC than in PrideFC.

i will, however, wonder out loud that at the time (the 06-09 or so time frame), i saw almost no discussion in the sherdog forums about how much smaller he looked in the UFC than in PrideFC. virtually none.

frankly, i was amazed by that.

i expect he was on roids, if you lose 20 pounds of muscle then thats insane. if he did legitly just lose that muscle he should have went to the doctor. i dont like wanderlei, but i respect him. he does have some questionable quality wins and probable ped use, but i have no proof of the ped other than my opinion, which i am giving.

Ya I have no respect for him or any other fighter who cheats. Using steroids in combat sports is such a cowardly thing to do.

i never liked him, he always made excuses when he got whooped. like all the brazlian fighters do

most of the fights he had in Pride were works, and the ones in brazil too. also he was on steriods the whole time.

It's as if the American Gangster pulled back the curtain in the Wizard of Oz

reminder. accusing a fighter of PED use when there is no evidence to confirm is considered a form of bashing on here. i'll let those who said as much edit what they think they should.

yes, because coleman, and guys like wanderlei werent on roids? it doesnt take a genious to see that when he joined the ufc he lost almost 20 pounds of muscle , coincidence? im not bashing him, i love vitor belfort but i acknowledge that he was probably on roids at one point. its not bashing at all

edited: to make pride instead of entire career to stop your salivating anger at me

It doesn't take a what? lol

Nuthugging at its finest. Other fighters take steroids so Wand is innocent. Wand (and anyone else who uses roids) is a coward.

Sweet argument you invented for me, I didn't know I thought that way. Yellow looks good on you kid.

I'd call a pixelated '14 account talking shit as the actual coward of this situation.

I honestly dont care, all the people crying sound like a bunch of fairweather fairies who probably just started watching MMA a few years ago

The reality is that Wanderlei was actually hated by the vast majority of the UFC fanbase during his peak years, he was the posterchild of "the enemy" for years and we saw endless threads here rubbishing him.

He only became popular when he came to the UFC and dropped off losing the fights UFC fanboys wanted him to lose(Chuck and Franklin) and winning the fights they wanted him to win(Jardine and Bisping). The mistake of course involved getting involved with Sonnen, you can push nationalism in the crudest way imaginable and much of the MMA fanbase will latch onto it.

i don't care.

so far as i'm concerned, his best days ended about 6 or 7 years ago. yes, before the Chuck fight.

what do i care if shenanigans were pulled over half a decade after he became a non entity?

seriously. i am not joking. he's just a guy now. from 1998ish thru 2006ish he was more than that. it's 2014, people.

so many people are soooooo dramatic around here, i swear. it's like watching Gilmore Girls.

Agreed. Wanderlei hasn't been the same fighter since the Cro Cop fight.

Silva wasn't even sufficiently recovered to face Henderson in their rematch; concussions take a good six months to a year to recover from. The Crocop loss in Sept 2006 was followed by the Henderson fight in February 2007, with a training camp that likely started in December (where Wanderlei was probably taking some blows to the head). Facing Chuck so soon after both those KO losses was basically Silva manning up and penance for the PRIDE/UFC talent lending dealings that fell through.

The UFC stacked the deck against Wanderlei in order to make their organization look superior.

Sonnen is the type of fighter Wanderlei should have been fighting in his first UFC fight coming off of two KO losses. PED testing or not, Silva or his management screwed up big time with this fight. To think that the Axe Murderer wouldn't fighting Sonnen after being in those other wars is comical to longtime fans.

i never looked at him the same after plastic surgery

No, he didn't. His legacy is cemented like Fedor's, Anderson's and GSP's.

If you were a true fan of his you would know that.

Why are you mentioning this absolute joke in the same sentence with those great fighters?

Wanderlei ran his mouth and ran from Chael at the same time for a good 2 years when Chael and Dana were trying to make this fight happen. Now he ran from a drug tests.

He should have left the sport after the Stann fight with his pride and legacy somewhat intact, of course it was tarnished by all those losses since he moved to UFC but he still had SOMETHING. Now he has nothing but a few blind fanboys who think all of his wins in Pride were real.

Chael called him out the whole time, made it sure everyone knew Wanderlei was not man enough to actually come and fight. Chael was unfortunately 100% correct. Let's just hope Wanderlei has enough sense left that he doesn't even squeek the name Chael Sonnen again. Chael stared him down, broke his will without fighting him.

Back