Media Wanderlei Silva Brutally Beating Up His Unfortunate Opponents

That was a time when we had to wait a couple of months for an event but most of these guys were fighting every 2 months..
Couldn't watch live so we had to download it on emule waiting for hours, days, even sometimes weeks, AND wait for the dvd one or two months later.

Who remember that ?

4 corners are real,
twice smaller surface of ring with no space for distance and movement is real,
elastic ropes are real,
curved Pride anti eye-poke gloves are real,
judging of entire fight as one is real
and bann of elbows is real.
Jones demolishing Wanderlei under those conditions is real.

Wanderlei was the first worldwide iconic mma fighter. A lot of ppl aren't even aware of that.
As much as i wanted him to lose cause he savagely beat my boy rampage twice, i only started to root for him when he became a ufc fighter.
He is THE one that really put mma on the map.

Legend

Yo! That Brian Stann fight was his to lose at that point in his career. Especially, coming off that fight with leben. However, Wanderlei and Stann gave us still to this day one of the greatest fights ever. When you find someone who is interested in wanting to watch mma for the first time you should always show them that fight or any other Wanderlei fight dating back to his bare knuckle IVC Vale Tudo days. Simply the best ever. Fuck the haters that thow the juice hate his way. Everyone was doing it.
One of my all time favorites, was actually still in the military and at Saitama for the fights that morning, co-main delivered as well when Hunto one hook walk offed poor Struve... damn, think I need to go rewatch now...for JBG homage
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I don’t think he was the same after the second Henderson fight. He went in there with a fever or something and was brutally KO’ed.
Yes he was sick going into that fight but I think Mirko in OWGP broke his granite chin forever

Yes he was sick going into that fight but I think Mirko in OWGP broke his granite chin forever

He could’ve definitely, but it was quick and expected. He had no chance to win.

Against Henderson, he went in there sick, fought in a grueling fight, performed poorly and was brutally finished. It just seemed like a fight that took a lot out of him. I don’t know, just my opinion.

He could’ve definitely, but it was quick and expected. He had no chance to win.

Against Henderson, he went in there sick, fought in a grueling fight, performed poorly and was brutally finished. It just seemed like a fight that took a lot out of him. I don’t know, just my opinion.
You are likely right I need to go back and watch the OWGP fight again.

Hendo fight did seem like Wand was labouring and H bombs he ate must have done permanent damage!

But I recalled mirko tagging him with the left hand over and over. Dropping him with a left too and landing some good GnP shots more than once. Wand even got carded for stalling when taking a beating. Straight lefts by mirko back then were a recipe for CTE and the way he collapsed from the kick was worrisome.

Back